Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 11:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rudratej Singh appointed President & CEO of BMW Group India

Rudratej Singh will take over as President and CEO of BMW Group India from August 1, 2019. He replaces Vikram Pawah, who has been appointed as CEO of BMW Group Australia and New Zealand.

Rudratej Singh appointed President & CEO of BMW Group India-mr.-rudratej-singh-president-ceo-bmw-group-india.jpg

Rudratej Singh is an alumni of the Delhi University and holds an MBA degree in Marketing and Finance. He has over 25 years of experience and has held multiple leadership positions throughout his career. Prior to his appointment as the President and CEO of BMW Group India, he was the Global President at Royal Enfield. He has also worked with Unilever for more than 16 years.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th June 2019 at 11:01.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 11:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rudratej Singh appointed President & CEO of BMW Group India

Good move BMW, a FMCG guy running a car company sounds bizarre but could prove to as a great advantage.
He has a great pedigree and it would be interesting to see how he uses his diverse background here, hopefully we see some BOGO (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) offers from BMW
Sahil is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 15:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Good move BMW, a FMCG guy running a car company sounds bizarre
Well, i guess BMW's have become Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Red Liner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 13:01   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sure is a revolving door @ BMW India. At a time when they need to put up a fierce fight to Mercedes, there are too many leadership changes. No consistency. Before Rudratej was Pahwa, and just 3 years back it was Frank Schloeder who'd replaced Philipp von Sahr. That's 4 bosses since 2016!

Wishing Rudratej the best. Till date, my favourite BMW boss was Dr Andreas Schaaf. Superb control over product, price, variants & dealers:
Rudratej Singh appointed President & CEO of BMW Group India-annotation-20190621-130008.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 14:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Rudratej had a high profile role in Royal Enfield and was quite visible during their recent launches. I was very surprised when he resigned in January 2019. The announcement in April 2019 that Vinod Dasari (CEO and MD of Ashok Leyland) was coming in to replace Sid Lal probably contributed to Rudys decision to move on at the right time.

The BMW role does offer a lot of challenges as well as opportunities for Rudratej. BMW India sure could do with some strong leadership. Im sure their motorcycle division could also desperately do with more sales, especially for their lower segment offerings.
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 14:25   #6
Team-BHP Support

If I'm not wrong, Vikram Pawah was in the same role at Royal Enfield before joining BMW India. Not that hes moved on, I guess hes got someone who he thinks can continue the improvements in variants, etc that he has been doing over the past 2 years. Frank Schroeder was a great guy, but he was there temporarily.
Old 22nd June 2019, 16:32   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
If I'm not wrong, Vikram Pawah was in the same role at Royal Enfield before joining BMW India.
No. Pawah was with Honda for the longest time (like 10 - 20 years) before he moved to BMW.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks