Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2019, 15:34   #1
BHPian

Hyundai teases all-new model before Frankfurt debut

Hyundai teases all-new model before Frankfurt debut-hyundaiallnewmodelforeuropeteaser1200x628.jpg

Quote:
Based on what is shown to us, the model will feature a “floating” roof thanks to a blacked-out pillar that is pinched at the top and bottom for a more dynamic profile. Whether this is applied on a hatchback or crossover body remains to be seen, but the positioning of the taillight close to the rear door does suggest a compact offering.

In its release, Hyundai says it’s inviting customers to “go big” with its new model, which will offer new exterior and interior design, as well as plenty of connectivity and safety features to make it a leader in its class.

Just what this class is, no one knows, but it’s rumoured the new model will be a small crossover positioned below the Kona. Given the Venue, which is indeed smaller than the Kona, is not currently planned to come to Europe, this is certainly a possibility. Of course, we’ll only know more in the months leading up to the Frankfurt Motor Show to find out.
Source

Doesn't look like it is Venue to my eye, do they have another compact SUV up their sleeves?
SpideyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 20:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai teases all-new model before Frankfurt debut

They have the next generation i10 Grand coming up shortly, probably that.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 20:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

This could be the Euro Spec Grand i10 as the India-spec car will be out before this.

Frankfurt show is in September so that's after the India unveil.

Current gen Grand i10 and Euro i10 are different cars to some extent.
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 22:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
This could be the Euro Spec Grand i10 as the India-spec car will be out before this.

Frankfurt show is in September so that's after the India unveil.

Current gen Grand i10 and Euro i10 are different cars to some extent.
From the spied images, Next Gen Grand i10 looks a bit sharper towards the end but this is more curvy with floating roof effect. As you mentioned, yeah the design could differ on both versions to some extent like the current gen. I don't understand why they have to change the design from Indian spec to Euro spec. Why can't they simply maintain same design?
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 08:14   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
I don't understand why they have to change the design from Indian spec to Euro spec. Why can't they simply maintain same design?
Our emphasis on the rear-half of the cabin, which isn't that important to Europeans (sit on the backseat of a C-Class and you'll know!). The current Grand i10 is longer, has a bigger wheelbase (legroom), with a larger door & window as compared to the Euro-spec car. Ours also gets a rear air-con .
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 08:22   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

It could be the next GEN. i20 speculated to have a 'sporty design, and has been spied testing extensively in Europe.
Hyundai teases all-new model before Frankfurt debut-fcc3d78f2020hyundaii20carscoopscopyright768x444.jpg

Quote:
guess? Hyundai’s European arm is preparing either an all-new i20 light hatch, or its own subcompact crossover since it doesn’t offer the Venue in EU
Link

Press Release:

Quote:
Hyundai Motor will soon unveil the latest all-new model in its European line-up, giving a first indication of its looks with a teaser image.

The company will invite customers to “go big” with the newcomer, offering new exterior and interior design, as well as new connectivity and safety features which will make it a leader in its class.

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2019 at 08:29.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 11:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It could be the next GEN. i20 speculated to have a 'sporty design, and has been spied testing extensively in Europe.
The door (shut) line is different in the teaser. Although I acknowledge that even the upcoming euro i20's image is a render, but they would not get it to be so wrong, about presence of the D-pillar glass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks