Team-BHP - Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/211184-scoop-toyota-vellfire-luxury-mpv-coming-india-edit-launched-rs-79-5-lakhs.html)

Mod Note: Our Toyota Vellfire Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Some news from the Toyota Camp.:thumbs up

So a little birdie tells me that Toyota is about to launch the Toyota Vellfire in India very soon. Essentially the same product that has been serving the Malaysian markets. Expected prices to be close to 75 Lacs.

Looks like Toyota is going to concentrate on the Premium segment with its own products offerings and target the lower segment through their collaboration with Maruti.

Received this picture of the Vellfire in India. Looks like there was a close doors launch of the product.

Appears to be exactly similar to the Vellfire from South Asian Masters. So appears the product is going to be imported.

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-image00001.jpg

Saw her today in Greater Noida. She's a beauty clap: .

Looks like Toyota is preparing to counter Kia launching the Grand Carnival. Exciting times ahead for luxury MPV buyers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rshrey22 (Post 4622054)
Saw her today in Greater Noida. She's a beauty clap: .

Appears to be about 1 year old.

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-screenshot_20190716221501.jpg

Is it an import with all duties paid?

Have seen one such at Ludhiana being used by a large Textile Group CEO. It was sometime last year they Imported one and it was a direct import.

I don't think this will be on the mind of Toyota given the price and super niche segment it can cater to due to the price.

What are the differences between this and the Alphard? A quick wiki search actually redirects to the Alphard page. I can see some differences to the front grill and thats about it. Is it more of a luxury variant?

In the launch pic, the Toyota logo has a bluish tinge. Does that mean it is a hybrid?

Edit: If this is the direction that Toyota is heading to, then consumers are at a loss. Essentially Toyota makes use of the 2500 limit of the government to import 'luxury' cars for eye watering prices, while aam junta will have to make do with rebadged Marutis, seeing what they did with the Glanza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer_ash (Post 4622081)
What are the differences between this and the Alphard? A quick wiki search actually redirects to the Alphard page. I can see some differences to the front grill and thats about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxNcFd238c

https://www.carsifu.my/car-reviews/n...compared-video

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4622077)
Have seen one such at Ludhiana being used by a large Textile Group CEO. It was sometime last year they Imported one and it was a direct import.

I don't think this will be on the mind of Toyota given the price and super niche segment it can cater to due to the price.

I have received yet another picture. This time of the interiors and the brochure. Well, my birdie says that the Vellfire is well and truly on its way but with very limited allocations initially.

The brochure says that its a hybrid 2.5 litre engine, same as what we see in Malaysia.

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-2.jpg

Oh God my eyes hurt. Need eye bleach. There's chrome everywhere!

I seriously hope Toyota modifies the garnishes and tones down the gaud-factor.

A quick google reveals a much saner looking version:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelerati (Post 4622110)
my birdie says that the Vellfire is well and truly on its way but with very limited allocations initially.

The brochure says that its a hybrid 2.5 litre engine, same as what we see in Malaysia.

Your information seems to be correct and oven-fresh. As per my known, Toyota has shared this info. with Dealership principals, very recently and you can actually book this in a couple of days.

It appears CBU department of TKM wants to keep themselves busy and might have noticed the sales of Mercedes V Class.

Instead they are better off bringing the slightly smaller but equally roomy Voxy. Positioning vs innova might be a challenge but the market size for a large family car is just not there in the Alphard/Velfire price point

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4622077)

SEL Manufacturing or Vardhman or Oswal?

One of these big 3 probably would have imported the Vellfire. I do know that owner of SEL owns a RR.

Vellfire is one hell of a Luxury MPV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelerati (Post 4621949)
Expected prices to be close to 75 Lacs.

75 lacs?!! I rode in one in KL and didn't find anything exceptional that would justify this kind of money. Vellfire is a beauty though!

It is a very aggressive design. To me, that face looks ugly .Is that chrome stuff on front , part of some additional modification ? It reminds me of the predator movies.

But I think this will sell even for 75 lakhs. It stands out in the road and has the reliability and service experience that comes from the Toyota brand reputation. It is not meant for the 5 series or E class crowd , there is a different segment ,who wants the big, bulky, in your face looks with fuss free ownership. For those people , these is nothing much after fortuner till the prado . They are the target audience.