Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 17:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

1,00,000th Tata Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant

Tata Motors has achieved a new production milestone as the 1,00,000th Nexon rolled out of its Ranjangaon plant, less than 22 months after its went on sale in September 2017.

1,00,000th Tata Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant-1lakh-nexon.jpg

According to Tata, the Nexon has been the second most selling compact SUV in the past 1 year. It is available in 5 variants - XE, XM, XT, XZ, and XZ+.

The Nexon is offered with a choice of two engines. These include a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine with 108 BHP and 170 Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit with 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT.

In August 2018, the company had produced the 50,000th Nexon.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1,00,000th Tata Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant

Well done Tata Motors, the best news to emanate after the recent renaissance of the company with it's slew of newer models. Coming at a time when this arm of JLR is getting stronger, with the U.K. based brands not in very good health , it gives a shot in the arm to Tata Motors.

Till more than a year ago, the JLR brands from the U.K. were keeping the group in robust health, but lately the Brexit epidemic and the Chinese recession have jointly affected demand for the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. And like in a relay race, Tata Motors has now got going, but with its very limited market outreach, it will not be able to steer JLR to the glory days soley on it's own strength as of now. JLR, U.K. needs to revive itself to sustain the group.

The Nexon can be spotted in good numbers now and has made good inroads into our market. Good health of Tata Motors is a morale booster for us all, given the fact that outside brands are making merry here since more than a decade, with very less competition by local competitors. Should we aptly not say "Make Tata Motors Great Again !"

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 19th July 2019 at 17:53.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:51   #3
BHPian

This is good going from TATA Motors. The Nexon has carved a place for itself in the CUV market. Also its good to see that the Nexon has been able to consistently maintain its volume in a sluggish market thanks to the 5 star rating.

It is also heartening to see consumers valuing safety and picking up Nexon. I'm sure there is a sizeable chunk that are going elsewhere for want of better features. TATA should launch an XZ+ (O) variant with

Side & curtain airbags
ESP
Traction Control
Hill start assist
TPMS
Rear discs
Cruise control
Sunroof
Auto this/Auto that

They have pricing room to accommodate additional features thanks to M&M (XUV 300).

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 19th July 2019 at 18:16.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 18:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nexon is really a quality product from Tata Motors and hats off to them. Everything feels good to the touch and is built to last. In these two years, I have seen it become the safest car with 5Star rating too. I have no issues regarding service as well.

I think it's due for a facelift as the competition is offering much more features. Kudos to the team!
Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 21:43   #5
BHPian

Kudos Tata Motors!

Proud to be an owner of Nexon, volumes of this vehicle and Tiago speak for themselves. These products have given immense boost to Tata motors. Despite the heavy competition in the hottest segment, Nexon proved it's worth. Just before I read this post I was counting Nexons in my office parking lot on my way to the car and I found 9 of them.

I was one of their early customers, was very skeptical at first but took a huge leap of faith. After a couple of test drives, I just couldn't resist to own it. I can still remember the interest, awe and enthusiasm people showed towards my new car. Not major issues or defects so far and service level is improving remarkably. I would recommend Nexon to anyone any day. Hope Tata motors doesn't disappoint us with their new Omega platform and derived products.
SpideyBoy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 00:49   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Tata.

A good product with good pricing = hit.

The Nexon ticks all.

Am not a fan of its looks though. Again that's my personal opinion.

Rest the car is really good.

Competent engine - Check
Safety - Double check!
Fuel efficient - Check
Fun to drive diesel - Check
Reliability - Check
Reasonable pricing - Check
Comfortable ride and interior space- Check
Features - Check

What else do one need to buy a car!

At this moment this is the only car from Tata where i can plonk my money without hesitation!
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:00   #7
BHPian

Tata Nexon is also the only car in the sub four metre compact SUV segment to score a 5 star NCAP rating!
The quality of build is good and TATA's cars are getting better by the day.
No wonder every other car in Bangalore is a Nexon. Every Nexon owner that I've spoken to has a good story and experience to narrate.
I hope that TATA brings a six airbag variant which includes side and curtain airbags and everything is sorted with that.
Kudos TATA Motors!
advenk999 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:01   #8
BANNED

This is a great news. Congratulations to Tata Motors. The car has been solid performer for me. The most important feature they need to add is cruise control. It's sorely missed.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:46   #9
BHPian

Nexon has been and continues to be a solid performer for Tata motors. And my personal experience with the car has been nice as well, better than what I had with my Linea before.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd July 2019 at 13:57. Reason: Do NOT TROLL or post in a negative manner on Team-BHP
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:20   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

While it is indeed great news and the Nexon has proved to be a significant player in its segment, going forwards things would now become more difficult for Tata. They might find it difficult to reach the next milestone with the flurry of launches happening in this segment. Both the XUV300 and Venue look more modern and feature loaded with the Venue enjoying the Hyundai badge value. Tata needs to bring up a facelift variant now to continue finding favour with the customers.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 12:48   #11
BHPian

Day by day Tata gives me a reason to smile. Day by day Brute gives me more refined performance and feel of reliability. Congratulations Team Nexon.

Last edited by ShivrajG : 22nd July 2019 at 12:48. Reason: Grammar
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 14:02   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats to Tata & the Nexon. This is one of those products that they got really right. Differentiated styling, superb engines, nice cabin and value-for-money pricing. Most impressive of all was the 5-star NCAP rating.

Even in a tough market, the Nexon is selling 4000 - 5000 units / month. Well done!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 14:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
They have pricing room to accommodate additional features thanks to M&M (XUV 300).
Tata should launch a facelift before Diwali to address the issues with the present car and re-launch Nexon with additional automation features, improvement in build quality and interiors.

When economy is slowing, customers become bit more cost conscious. Tata should take this opportunity to provide a premium, feature rich, reliable and safe product, providing better value and pull a few customers even from a segment above (Creta, Seltos and even struggling sedans like Rapid/Vento with good build quality). Good job so far.
Pulse500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift is in the works and according to people in the know, a few units have been shipped abroad for testing as well.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:09   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Also its good to see that the Nexon has been able to consistently maintain its volume in a sluggish market thanks to the 5 star rating.
The 5 star NCAP rating instils lots of confidence. Out of the box styling has grown well with time, while the power train options don't anywhere close to disappoint.

Quote:
TATA should launch an XZ+ (O) variant with

Auto this/Auto that
And a full-fledged Auto as well. A 6 speed TC or a DCT for the petrol would be icing on the cake, in combination with the already impressive and well implemented drive modes.
pannags is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks