Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2020, 14:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service

Totally agree with Leoshashi. I too would highly rate Maruti's Service on Wheels, the facility that I recently availed for the second-free service of my Baleno (Calling 911 - Our beloved Maruti Baleno Delta 1.2 MT Facelift) in July.

Incidentally, the right rear quarter glass of my car got shattered by a pebble just around the time I was contemplating getting the service done. So, while I thought I would need to take the car to the service centre, I was, however, sweetly surprised as they offered to replace the glass right at my doorstep. Top points for that!

With Delhi-NCR being a no-diesel zone for commercial vehicles, the Maruti Service Masters team sent a fully-equipped Eco instead of the Super Carry.
Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4797.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4824.jpg

The van is equipped with a diesel gen-set to run a high-pressure washing pump and also houses a vacuum cleaner alongside other tools for basic maintenance and repair.

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4834.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4835.jpg

The repair job in the works.
Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4803.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4799.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4810.jpg

The new glass installed.
Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4830.jpg

Even though the car was clean, I got the washing done.
Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4831.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-dscn4838.jpg

Other than that, the technician did a preventive checkup of all the fluids and lights, as well as application of grease at all the door hinges was done.

Overall, it was a highly smooth and efficient process, with a PDF copy of the bill emailed to me after making the payment through a digital link messaged by the SA, who along with the lady from the CRM were in touch with me over phone. I had to send a snap of the odometer and the number plate for them to update the car's mileage in Maruti's database.

For all the general repairs / maintenance, I am now going to stick with the mobile service, as long as the work such as oil change, etc can be done without getting the car on a hydraulic lift. Will highly recommend this service for the free services as it saves a lot of time and also especially during the current times when one doesn't really need to go and mingle with unknowns at the service centre.
forester is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 21:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
It was time for First free service of my XL6, and I decided to avail this Service on Wheels facility. Booked it on NEXA Service app. It gives you option to choose your preferred dealer, service advisor and any demand jobs if needed. I had no issue in the car, so I thought it was a mere formality.
Wow. That mobile service van is a serious bit of kit. Even a hydraulic lift. Thinking of using this for the 60K service of my RS.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 00:30   #18
BHPian

Good initiative by MS. Interesting to see the level of equipment. For some of the non-complicated services, this actually let's you see the service getting performed with little chance of fraud or cutting corners. Compare this with knowing your car is inside the ASS service bay with low control over the service attention.
mmxylorider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 01:13   #19
Team-BHP Support

How much are the service charges for this?
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 13:17   #20
BHPian

Great idea MS.

How much would such an arrangement cost if someone wanted to own it for personal use , can someone throw an approximate cost ?

This one looks seriously good for someone who has the habit of getting own hands dirty. Especially if you owns an out of warranty car.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:19   #21
BHPian

Amazing stuff from the market leader.

Visited the website of the company that has built this van and it looks like they have done this for a lot of manufacturers (4W, 2W, commercial vehicles, tractors and LG electronics).

They also have Mobile Service Bike Kit (superb idea for Tier-3 cities and villages) especially for servicing of tractors and commercial vehicles etc.

http://olsmobilevans.com/

Last edited by rubicon : 16th August 2020 at 14:20. Reason: Added the website link
rubicon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 16:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

That's pretty much an entire workshop in that van. Quite convenient for even major services, I presume. I'm quite positively reassured of these 'Service-on-wheels' Workshop.

P.S - Leoshashi, It was nice of the guys to go ahead & give you a detailed tour of the van!
akash_v12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 17:58   #23
BHPian

Say what you will of Maruti, but they are THIRSTY in presales and deliver in spades in post sales.

In order of aggressiveness during pre sales (of the large volume automakers) it would be IMO,

Maruti / KIA > Hyundai > Renault + Ford > VAG > TaMO

Sadly Tamo sales guys are paid on flat salary basis I think (/s) as they just don't give a damn about sales.

In service, it would be the same but here I would put TaMO above Ford.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:

-It took less than 30 minutes for the entire job.
And that is all it takes! My brother owns a service garage which services VAG cars and the regular maintenance takes an hour max. Every VW service centre I have been to tries to take at least a day and do their best to keep the car overnight (over the weekend since I mostly service on Saturdays). My first car was a Nissan and they were super quick!

I understand it has to do with the service pipeline with a lot of cars involved but for regular oil/filter change, couple of days is criminal I wonder when these foreign brands understand they need to have a lid on dealers and their service centres to improve brand perception. Great products, let down by horrible service experiences.
Kingston is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 13:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How much are the service charges for this?
Same as what you pay at workshop. Nothing more, nothing less. I did ask them if they can waive off washing charges from paid PMS jobs later, but they said it's decided by MSIL, and they offer washing coupons if customer isn't satisfied with their washing at home(since the van has limited water on board).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
They also have Mobile Service Bike Kit (superb idea for Tier-3 cities and villages) especially for servicing of tractors and commercial vehicles etc.
Bike kits for Maruti costs around 42k IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
And that is all it takes! My brother owns a service garage which services VAG cars and the regular maintenance takes an hour max. Every VW service centre I have been to tries to take at least a day and do their best to keep the car overnight (over the weekend since I mostly service on Saturdays). My first car was a Nissan and they were super quick!

I understand it has to do with the service pipeline with a lot of cars involved but for regular oil/filter change, couple of days is criminal I wonder when these foreign brands understand they need to have a lid on dealers and their service centres to improve brand perception. Great products, let down by horrible service experiences.
I opted for this since there will be lesser wasted time. They did their work, showed me the van, I paid in cash and they left. They later sent me the bill over whatsapp.

Another feature is, you can pay on the app itself after bill is generated. Incredibly convenient.

Just to give you an idea, BHPian Sumitsinha0280 got his Ciaz S couple of weeks before I got my XL6. He opted to visit the same workshop for his First service, and it took him around 3-4 hours for the same job(including washing). Waiting at washing lines, billing lines etc was something I wanted to avoid at all costs. Plus automated washing is nothing great as we all know.

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-img20200724wa0013.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-img20200724wa0015.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-img20200724wa0016.jpg

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-img20200724wa0019.jpg

I did the washing myself later properly without gifting any scratches and swirls which is inevitable if you opt for washing at MASS. Plus the satisfaction and pleasure of washing and detailing your car=priceless.

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-20200815_185109.jpg

BTW for detailed look at this service and van:

Last edited by Leoshashi : 18th August 2020 at 13:14.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:55   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

A Pic of how they raise the car on portable lift:

Maruti launches 'Service on Wheels' doorstep car service-118915413_2896578610446747_2610672513823082556_o.jpg

Source: Facebook
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this thread, used the service and quite happy with it.

All details have been mentioned so will just add my experience from a MS Arena wagonR's perspective.

Background :
Hadn't planned on it just that the car was left parked for 2-3 days, immediately after a water wash, with the handbrake engaged and the water which had entered the rear drums evaporated and jammed the rear left wheel. Tried all the tricks stopping short of removing the wheel and hammering the drum. Decided to try out the service-on-wheels. I had talked to them 3 days ago but hadn't confirmed yet.

Experience :
- Called the SA Raj at 0800hrs with little hope of getting a response outside office hours, he picked and assured me that he will call back after reaching work by 9:15 !

- He called by 9:15 and I explained the issue and asked for a service stating that I already have a can of 0w20 with me and will use that. He said he'll send by 1100 and they reached 10-15mins earlier.

- The issue was promptly resolved, culprit confirmed. As per their records they would do the PMS50 based on duration and would cost 1765+consumables+tax. Gave the oil, had asked to change the cabin filter. All wheel cleaning and greasing was a part of the PMS and that was done in under 30mins which a FNG without lift and power tools had cost me 2 hours earlier.

- Was impressed with the kit they had on board. Refused the cleaning since the car was polished 2-3 days ago. The SA said if you want the washing just bring it to the SC but give a call earlier.

- The mechanic was well versed with the schedule and specifics of my model. They carry all spares needed for that service code(PMS50 in my case) but if anything else is needed you have to inform beforehand so they can carry the spares.

- Overall the service was good and fast plus the biggest benefit of a getting it done in person so the issue of lack of trust doesn't occur. This was my reason of moving away from dealer workshops and MSIL to FNG.

- Didn't get the DIY screen like NEXA customers do but did get an SMS with a link which was similar to the ones already reported by Leoshashi. But they didn't ask me to do anything there, nor did I. Just an OTP to process the bill.

Charges :
- The billing took 30-40 mins, seemed like they were trying to do something with the system but didn't work out. Didn't care much since I got the correct bill sent over WhatsApp.
PMS + tax was 2088 and about 700 for the spares used highest being the cabin filter. Total 2778.
The MSIL customary pouches of screen wash were of course billed and handed over since my reservoir was already topped up

They said it costs the same as a service at the workshop but I did see a "Convenience SOW charges" of 200 in the bill, which I don't mind at all. Not sure if the same is charged as a convenience charge at the workshop.

Conclusion:
Overall a good experience and very useful. This is a service option I am willing to use for the convenience and peace of mind offered.

Quote:
A Pic of how they raise the car on portable lift
Special thanks to Leoshashi for sharing his experience and most importantly the contact numbers else I wouldn't have imagined this service in Ranchi.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th September 2021 at 04:49. Reason: As requested
shancz is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks