Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2007, 22:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta best in Mileage run

Automobile manufacturers such as Ford, Hyundai, SkodaAuto, Mahindra & Mahindra, DaimlerChrysler, General Motors India, Nissan and Audi participated in this unique event.
The objective of the exercise[The BSM mileage run] is to help prospective car buyers rely on real world fuel efficiency figures obtained by the participants of the Mileage Run 2007, instead of going by economy figures obtained through 'ideal driving conditions'.

Ford Fiesta was the overall winner of the event.It was the category winner too[1200cc to 2000cc diesel]

Quote:
Upto 1200cc Petrol
Chevrolet Aveo U-VA 20.27 kpl

Above 1200cc to 2000cc Petrol
Hyundai Verna VTVT 22.14 kpl

Above 1200cc to 2000cc Diesel
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI 25.63 kpl

SUV/MUV class open
Nissan X-Trail 2.2 CTDi 20.99 kpl

2000cc and above
Mercedes-Benz C220 CDi 16.33 kpl
Unfortunately maruti was one of the manufacturers who stayed away and hence no idea about the swift ddis.Toyota,Honda and Tata too did not take part.Though BSM claim real real world FE figures doubt any of us could reach anywhere near these figures in our day to day drives.

Source+details:
Top Story - Bosch BSMotoring Mileage Run 2007 - Business Standard Motoring

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th February 2007 at 23:07.
Old 12th February 2007, 22:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Ford Fiesta was the overall winner of the event.
Did you mention Hyundai Verna VTVT? Thats the Petrol version - if thats true the title of this thread is is misleading because thats pretty decent mileage for a Petrol.

Seems a bit odd to compare petrols and diesels together, but hey its BSM! The results will vary depending on the driving style of the participants too, so its not really a 1-2-1 comparo.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th February 2007 at 22:59.
Old 12th February 2007, 23:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Actually steer, BSM have not revealed the figures for the verna VGT,and they have declared the Fiesta TDCI best in its segment[1200-2000cc diesel] which includes the verna VGT.So I am also a bit confused.[I therefore change the title of the thread]

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th February 2007 at 23:08.
Old 12th February 2007, 23:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

I find only one weak point in this event. The manufacturers participated in the event. Also, there was every possible scrutiny but one. No body checked the state of the cars tune and such things. What stops the manufacturers from detuning the car to a state that extracts every possible inch from that tank full? What was the air-pressure? In other words did anyone bothered to check whether the cars were street class? There is no mention of that in the article!
Old 12th February 2007, 23:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
So I am also a bit confused.
I am, too. Have we reached the tipping point with the Hyundai Verna where Diesel sells performance and its the PETROL that addresses the FE segment?
Old 12th February 2007, 23:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ok so much for the mileage run.,I cant help but criticize BSM[Sorry mods].

The event should be called nothing but a publicity glitz something which I too seem to have fallen for.

Guess what the fiesta's only competitor was the skoda octavia[1.9tdi],The VERNA VGT had not even participated.If there was competition it was only in the SUV/MUV class[how could they club the two together] with a scopio,tuscon,audi Q7,bolero and an xtrail competing against each other.How can they ask a single athlete to run a race and then declare him the winner.

Check carefully and you will see only 13 cars participated,
Bosch Motoring Mileage Run - Media Images - Business Standard Motoring

PS: I am really sorry for having offended anybody in the process of this post.Kindly note all views are solely my opinion only.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th February 2007 at 23:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks