Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2019, 06:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Fun Factory, Ranchi: A car-themed Wedding Hall

There are a few pieces that look great and encapsulate the essence of a car workshop but overall, it works as a one time visit art museum but definitely not as a wedding venue.

To many rough edges to be. A no-go for me too.
Old 18th September 2019, 08:45   #17
BANNED

re: Fun Factory, Ranchi: A car-themed Wedding Hall

The idea is great but all those part need to be painted either with chromy, silver or brass to being them to life. Right now it's looking like rusted garage.
ottocycle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 21:09   #18
BHPian

Re: Fun Factory, Ranchi: A car-themed Wedding Hall

Amazing find! I went to this place 2 months back for lunch with friends, didn't know there was this hidden treasure.

My 2004 Alto used to get serviced here during the initial years. Back then, there were just a handful of Maruti Authorised Service Centres in town.
Old 19th September 2019, 12:32   #19
BHPian

The real fun will begin when the food is cooked in 80W90 or 40? The salad dressing will be topped up with brake fluid instead of olive oil.

Jokes apart, the concept is nice but it's rustic and looks like some abandoned garage. It reminds me of a place where I use to play carrom during my college days.

Despite being fan of such themes, I wouldn't give a thumbs up for this place. We have a restaurant "The Urban Foundry" in Pune and it's based on similar theme but much more organized. I hope owner of this place has plan to make something like this but the images posted by OP are just pics from very initial stage.
dicor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 12:43   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
........... but the images posted by OP are just pics from very initial stage.
Exactly what I have said in my previous posts. While they have organised many marriages in this condition and have a packed schedule till year end, the work is still in progress. All the rusty rough edges you see, shall be ironed out and they have just finished a trial run to get an idea how things look.

I agree things might look overdone, but the owner is known to do such things. JFYI, this workshop was one of the largest in India, sprawling across many acres. They used to have ready stock of almost everything you can think of. Just to give you an idea, when they finally shut shop, they still had ECMs, wiring harnesses, speedometers of almost every variant(forget models) in stock. We don't have a Grand Vitara XL7 in Jharkhand I guess, but they still had good stock of it's spares. When I visited there few months back, they were having body panels and spares of Zen 3 Door. It's a pity, all such treasures were sold to different dealerships/stores/scrap markets.

In short, the owner is known to go overboard with anything he starts. They had Automatic car wash system since the late 90s, something which has become mainstream recently.

This might get thumbs down from numerous people, but it takes courage and a different mindset to go this way, and this is why I found it apt to be featured on our forum.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 05:29   #21
BHPian

Brings back fond memories. Never went to this center for service as all cars in our family used to go to Maruti Automobiles, but been there umpteen times to visit the Junglee restraunt. It was midway to college and often the lunch there was to be blamed for us going to the hostel room instead to the lecture
Concept wise, this is catchy, a friend has a pub called The Ruin House in Ranchi which also has unfinished walls and it looks quite cool to be honest
thirst4torque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks