Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2022, 17:42   #31
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki recall for steering column issue

And there is an entire thread dedicated to Maruti's weird steering behaviour - link (Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?) which is running 11 pages.

Going through the posts, looks like service centre did not execute the silent recall correctly.
Old 31st October 2022, 21:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Dear all.
3. Now as per my understanding, nobody would be showing goodwill to me. And since the item is faulty and they have acknowledged it now, it needs to be replaced.
Have you tried other Maruti Nexa Service Centers? If not, why not try your luck at other centers and get the matter sorted without the hassle if possible?
This is definitely not a pleasant situation especially if you have a legitimate claim. However, I would pursue other centers first before pursuing escalation with the OEM.
Old 31st October 2022, 23:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all.

2. Recently i came across the recall/problem notice and informed this to MASS. They said we will write to our superior as the car is out of warranty.
A recall has NOTHING todo with cars warranty. If it's an official recall, any dealer has to replace the part. You should definitely escalate the matter. Or try a different workshop. All they have to do is to check the chassis number/VIN and confirm if the recall is applicable for you. For each labour work the dealers are compensated or they have an arrangement with Maruti.

For example: my Ford Fiesta 1.5 Diesel had a recall of all 4 locks on the door. Both me and the dealer were quite casual about it as the replacement would take hours that I never had. Ultimately 1.5 years later the task was performed. At Zero cost! And this was Ford and yes, out of warranty. So with Maruti it should be even more seamless.

Push hard and escalate.
Vibhanshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 23:27   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear all.
1. My father owns a 2017 baleno, and we have this issue now for long. Surprisingly, even after regularly getting serviced at MASS, they never informed of same. At one instance, when i complained about it, i was told for an out of workshop settlement for lesser amount. I walked away.
2. Recently i came across the recall/problem notice and informed this to MASS. They said we will write to our superior as the car is out of warranty. I said its your incompetent behavior due to which the car is out of warranty. Nonetheless, please demand and lemme know the outcome. I recieved a call today mentioning item cost to be 19,190/- and have been informed that since the car is out of warranty, i will have to bear 50 percent of the cost which is 9,595/-.
3. Now as per my understanding, nobody would be showing goodwill to me. And since the item is faulty and they have acknowledged it now, it needs to be replaced. So why are they charging me 50%? I mean no harm in taking the burden of 50%, but why do reputed companies like MSIL have such disconnect with dealers? Or maybe they have no control in dealing with dealers.
4. Has anyone else faced such an issue? Any suggestions for same? I have already written to RSM,TSM. Is it the company policy to redeem 50% post out of warranty? The letter does not mention same. At the end, why has it been left to the user to fight his way out? Seriously, its the same with TASS too. All the more reason to migrate to brands like Toyota and Honda.
There's zero sense in what the dealer is doing. I have seen 10-12 year old Hondas and Toyotas having airbags replaced for FREE under the takata recall scheme. I am quite sure Maruti Suzuki wouldn't be any different. It's the dealer who's taking you for a ride here. Recalls have nothing to do with warranty.

I think the TSM will step in and take control of things. Maruti actually has one of the better if not the best escalation matrixes in the market. Keep us posted and if things still don't work, create a separate thread.
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 00:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
4. Has anyone else faced such an issue? Any suggestions for same? I have already written to RSM,TSM. Is it the company policy to redeem 50% post out of warranty? The letter does not mention same. At the end, why has it been left to the user to fight his way out? Seriously, its the same with TASS too. All the more reason to migrate to brands like Toyota and Honda.
I faced the exact same issue while dealing with steering column replacement issue on my Vitara Brezza ZDi+. Please see Post #145 in the below thread shared by Bhpian Meph1st0. I could successfully deal with the issue by escalating to senior management officials from Japan and India by detailing entire experience on email sent from my official email ID. Within 24 hours I got a call from General Manager of the dealer confirming free replacement in course of the day with personalised attention. In my case the territory manager was initially insisting on 100% payment for replacement which he later brought down to 50% of the price of steering column which was priced at INR 48,000. My stand was that it’s a latent manufacturing defect and more importantly an important safety issue and in case Maruti refuses, I want the refusal to be in writing to enable me to sue the company and dealer. I refused to bear a single penny and recorded on email that they will be solely responsible for negligence as the dealer in the service report recommendations had specifically mentioned and advised replacement of steering column.

There were a few internal circulars of Maruti shared with dealers which I accessed on our forum and relied upon which said the replacement was independent of warranty. I argued with them saying mine was a case of expiry of extended warranty (5 years), are you suggesting that someone who has not taken extended warranty will also be deprived of the replacement as original manufacturer warranty has expired. Obviously they had no logical response to give. Thankfully it ended well but notwithstanding Maruti’s good service, they can be absurd and unreasonable at times. Let me know in case you need any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
And there is an entire thread dedicated to Maruti's weird steering behaviour - link (Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?) which is running 11 pages.

Going through the posts, looks like service centre did not execute the silent recall correctly.
They did not implement Maruti’s own internal circulars/ directives to dealers which provided that this replacement is independent of warranty and should be done free of cost.
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 09:53   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please escalate and show this bulletin from Page 1. They cannot deny or ask you to pay 50%. They are supposed to cover 100% being a safety issue.

If they have a previous record of your complaint and your VIN series is from the affected batch they are obligated to replace it under goodwill recall.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 10:45   #37
BHPian

Few months back, (probably in July), the steering of my (now sold) Vitara Brezza (March 2018) started behaving weird. It was getting stuck on the left side. I search up this forum and found this thread. I went to the SC and the spoke to SA who, without even taking a trial, informed that it was a known issue and agreed to replace it. He pointed out couple of other cars with same problem. I remember one of these were Baleno. Luckily, I had an extended warranty. So, the replacement was done without a fuss.
ImranHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 21:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing the exact same issue and my vehicle is 5 years and 2 days old.Since it is out of warranty I was also offered the same 50% solution.I have also written to the RSM and waiting for his response.
Were you able to resolve the issue with your RSM?
arjungod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 23:23   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjungod View Post
I am facing the exact same issue and my vehicle is 5 years and 2 days old.Since it is out of warranty I was also offered the same 50% solution.I have also written to the RSM and waiting for his response.
The service center is trying a fast one on you. 50% money from a customer for a recall is worth taking the risk for any organisation. Also majority of Maruti customers would be common junta, the '50% offer' would feel like 'best in customer satisfaction' kind of experience. Heck, most of them won't be even knowing that their steering has this inherent issue, and the goodwill stuff would be god send for them. I am not generalising the complete Maruti customer base, but based on my stint with Maruti cars, this is what I have noticed among most of their customers. I have heard lot of 'I don't know' from Maruti customers than any one else.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 00:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The service center is trying a fast one on you. 50% money from a customer for a recall is worth taking the risk for any organisation. Also majority of Maruti customers would be common junta, the '50% offer' would feel like 'best in customer satisfaction' kind of experience. Heck, most of them won't be even knowing that their steering has this inherent issue, and the goodwill stuff would be god send for them. I am not generalising the complete Maruti customer base, but based on my stint with Maruti cars, this is what I have noticed among most of their customers. I have heard lot of 'I don't know' from Maruti customers than any one else.
I agree with you completely, exactly what I have written on post #166 in the main thread for maruti steering issues.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...aviour-12.html (Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?)
arjungod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 07:27   #41
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with you completely, exactly what I have written on post #166 in the main thread for maruti steering issues.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...aviour-12.html (Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?)
Based on your post, it looks like Maruti is the one who is trying a fast one (should we call it cheating) on you. May be that's why it's a 'slient' recall. We have come across Honda/Toyota replacing the airbags even for older cars in our country. I think Maruti is trying to reduce their expenses due to this recall, one by acknowledging only those who raise the concern, and then this 50% goodwill stuff. They know their customer base, I believe this business model has been fruitful for them. What would have happened in our forum itself, if Skoda was in place of Maruti, the number of rants/post in this thread would have reached the oblivion. That's the level of trust, Maruti holds in this country, hope they would come up with the real 'best customer satisfaction' in your case.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 16:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
No, he has simply refused to assist in the mail reply. I shall attach the extract here.

And he has refused to accept the authenticity of this letter too!! Yes, he is the TSM, Mr Rupesh Tomar.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti Suzuki recall for steering column issue-12.jpg  

his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 16:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
No, he has simply refused to assist in the mail reply. I shall attach the extract here.
That is such a negative response from Maruti.Why don't you try to escalate to the higher management of Maruti.I am sure some of our forum members who were able to sort out the issue by escalating can share the email ids of the higher management who helped them to sort it out.
Old 8th November 2022, 22:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

I would also like some emails of higher ups in Maruti to drop some mails and get a response before taking my car in for it's 5th year service and probably the last one from the ASS since the extended warranty will be done with
Old 11th November 2022, 16:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I would also like some emails of higher ups in Maruti to drop some mails and get a response before taking my car in for it's 5th year service
Any luck with the email ids?

I received a response today from ASM of Maruti that 50% of the cost is the best they can do and that discount is from the dealer and not from Maruti.Since my car was 5 years and 2 days old on the day issue was reported and without extended warranty, they cannot offer anything more.I told him that I will try and escalate it to the higher management of Maruti, he told me to go ahead but warned me that the dealer may go back on the 50% discount they have offered.

I am confused whether to take the 50% offer or if I need to escalate and loose the 50% offered by the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks