Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2007, 18:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
My two bits,a set of 7.0-7.5j alloy wheels in machine finish,
The VX comes with good looking alloys, why spend more money?

Sumit, my two bits here -

1) 40 kms on the odo is nothing to get worried about but do check out for any scratches or dents before you take delivery
2) Apart from what Rahul_Intlad says, you have a VX & bull bars may interfere with your Airbag deployment so I would avoid them - check out the manual, it discourages this
3) Why seat covers, you have good leather seats?
4) I don't think you'll benefit from a luggage carrier unless you plan to carry a lot of passengers & luggage between Guwahati & Shillong!
5) As grvanand says, keep this beast as stock as possible!
6) Extended warranty is a MUST, no compromises on this one!
7) Why gear lock, are Safaris very prone to theft in your neck of the woods?
8) Yes, upgrade the headlamp bulbs - go for a type where you do not need to go in for additional relays. That way, no headaches about voiding warranties

Man, sounds like dealers in your part of the world are not passing on a lot of freebies that are available here. Some examples -

1) Underbody anti-rust treatment
2) Overbody teflon/waxoyl treatment
3) Floor mats including for luggage bay
4) 40k cash discount over & above the 4.5% discount on finance amount

So SQUEEZE them dude!

(I can understand your sleepless nights, jus wait till you actually take her out of the showroom!)

Cheers
Old 18th February 2007, 18:53   #17
BHPian

Thanks Suman!

Can you please explain the discount part! What 40k discount? And what is this 4.5% discount on the finance amount?? I am a complete noob when it comes to vehicle finance!! the quoted price of the VX is 10,18,885.00 (ex. showroom). So you are saying that i should get 40k on this amount plus some 4.5%off on the finance amount? :-) Please clarify!

The gear lock as I will have to park this at a paid public parking at all times as my garage space is all taken by other family cars and we follow a first come first serve basis on the parking front. Also, the large cars (Bolero/Scorpio/Sumo) have a tendency to get lost ;-)

I am NOT getting seat covers and upgraded alloys. Should I upgrade to tubeless?

What lamps should I go in for?
Old 18th February 2007, 19:02   #18
BHPian

Also what is the standard rate of interest that TataMotorFinance is offering in other cities in India. I am being offered a rate of 6.15% fixed for a period of 5 years. Is this rate and deal ok? I will talk about the discount tomorrow with the GM of the dealership when I go to take a test ride tomorrow. I would appreciate if all the above questions are cleared so that I can get a better deal and at the same time, not sound like a fool there :-)
Old 19th February 2007, 01:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The VX comes with good looking alloys, why spend more money?
Like i mentioned before it is a Functional upgrade. Safari Vx variant comes with 6.5j wheels,and an upgrade to 7.0 or max 7.5j will help the tyre's to spread better on the wheels,this way ride and handling improves.

However,iam recommending the wheel upgrade only if shod with 255/65 16,anything above 7.0-7.5 will result in tyre's fouling with the body-both bumper and box-section.

I also agree with you suman,on retaining the original wheels,but a rubber upgrade is definately recommended.

over and out.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Thanks Suman!

Can you please explain the discount part! What 40k discount? And what is this 4.5% discount on the finance amount?? I am a complete noob when it comes to vehicle finance!! the quoted price of the VX is 10,18,885.00 (ex. showroom). So you are saying that i should get 40k on this amount plus some 4.5%off on the finance amount? :-) Please clarify!
Sumit, dealers are now offering large cash discounts because they are trying to clear stocks before the new model comes. They're giving all kinds of offers, I'm sure your dealer also will if you squeeze them hard enough. Ask them how much "dealer discount" they are going to offer, I would think if not 40k, you should get at least 20-25k!

The 4.5% is a discount on the total loan amount that you take (over & above the cash discount) & you have the option of knocking it off the "down" payment you make or have it spread across the number of EMIs you go in for. For example, if you take a loan of 7 lacs, you get a discount of 31,500 on your down payment or have it spread across 35 EMIs if you go for a 3 year repayment (normally the 1st EMI is payable in advance & does not qualify for the discount)
Quote:
What lamps should I go in for?
PM tsk1979, he's the expert or check out the thread on auto lighting, I remember asking him & he'd replied.

Quote:
Also what is the standard rate of interest that TataMotorFinance is offering in other cities in India. I am being offered a rate of 6.15% fixed for a period of 5 years. Is this rate and deal ok?
What is the EMI per lac they are offering & are you going for a 3 year or 5 year loan? What you need to do is to get offers from ICICI as well & then throw that back at TMFL........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
I also agree with you suman,on retaining the original wheels,but a rubber upgrade is definately recommended.
with that bit, an upgrade to 255x65 would be a good option.

Happy hunting Sumit!
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:25   #21
BHPian

i want a body cover for my Dicor. The ones with the dealers are kind of rough material and are priced at Rs. 1500.

There's a smooth and soft material material available. Any idea, of which to go for?

I stay in Kolkata so their availability too, if you could help me out.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:47   #22
BHPian

hey arijit I bought a cover online from one of the famous online shopping website,well I got a Ford Endeavor cover for my Safari,it cost me only Rs 950 including shipping to my place so it would be better if you could go online and check it out.If you go to buy locally and cannot find the Safari cover try the Endeavor cover cause it fits almost perfectly.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Arijit,

Why don't you ask these questions about the HU and cover in your ownership thread?

Feel it might be better, else you are diluting this thread.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
i want a body cover for my Dicor. The ones with the dealers are kind of rough material and are priced at Rs. 1500.

There's a smooth and soft material material available. Any idea, of which to go for?

I stay in Kolkata so their availability too, if you could help me out.

I got Body cover for Safari in 650 Rs flat.
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:08   #25
BHPian

@ Happywheels: You got a point there. I didn't open an ownership thread yet. Will have to now.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
hey arijit I bought a cover online from one of the famous online shopping website,well I got a Ford Endeavor cover for my Safari,it cost me only Rs 950 including shipping to my place so it would be better if you could go online and check it out.If you go to buy locally and cannot find the Safari cover try the Endeavor cover cause it fits almost perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I got Body cover for Safari in 650 Rs flat.
Sorry for diluting this thread, but on the subject of car covers, it should be noted that an average car-cover available in the market are made from what is known as "Parashute material". This is all B***
These are all polyethelene / LDPE materials

The best cover material that I have come across is made from TYVEK Tyvek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are much more stronger and Du-Pont claims that that these ~ 80% UV resistant and breathable while being water resistant.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have a vehicle cover, which was given from TASS as a freebie. Not a big fan of it and it is still lying in its pack. I feel that putting it on and removing it causes more scratches than anything else!

And doing it just by yourself will be a major show for the people in my street. They already find it strange that I keep cleaning the vehicle every week, this will just add to the show list!
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:01   #28
BHPian

neither did i like the material provided by TASS for body cover.

anyone got any idea of where can i find a cover of original parachute material (smooth and soft and gentle on the vehicle with proper fitment) ?

or if i can get the material and custom stitch one, where can i find the material ?
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:04   #29
BHPian

also i am planning for an ICE upgrade for my GX. I want a 2 din system but TATAs have not provided any provision for a 2 din.

now i came across a product from a Chinese firm, CONVEX. its got a 1 din chassis and 2 din head unit. a large LCD screen with all features necessary.
Also, it comes as bluetooth hands-free ready and got a reverse camera included in the package.

the whole deal is for 13000 bucks. warranty 1 year.

what do you people say, should i go for it?

@Richie4u: can u name the website please?

Last edited by Dippy : 24th March 2010 at 08:57. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
Also, it comes as bluetooth hands-free ready and got a reverse camera included in the package.

the whole deal is for 13000 bucks. warranty 1 year.
Don't you have a Reverse Guide/Camera already?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks