Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 14:50   #1
BANNED

Tata Motors partners with Orix India for priority test drives

Tata Motors partners with Orix India for priority test drives-harrier-dark-edition.jpg
Tata Motors on Tuesday launched priority test-drives for its SUV Harrier in partnership with Orix. The service will initially be available for customers based in Mumbai and Delhi NCR, and will be extended to other cities later, the company said in a statement.
Quote:
SN Barman, Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Customer Support, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors said, “There are many customers with busy schedules who wish for test drives at a time and place convenient to them. In order to align with our progressively digital customers we are elated to partner with Orix to let customers schedule a test drive from the comfort of their home with just a few clicks.”

“This will give customers the freedom to select a test drive at a time and location of their choice. We are hopeful that this industry first online test drive booking will act as a small step towards helping ease out the buying procedure for Harrier customers by providing them a superlative experience,” Barman added.

Sandeep Gambhir, MD and CEO of Orix India said, “We are very excited to work with Tata Motors on this new initiative. We hope this partnership will help in providing the customers a fabulous experience of a fantastic product. Through a perfect combination of technology, innovation and human touch, we hope that this association of two leading and well respected brands will provide a satisfying customer experience at his doorstep and help customers make a well informed choice about the Harrier and also suggest newer ways and means to own the product of their choice.”
Source: ET Auto

Last edited by wheelguy : 22nd October 2019 at 15:07.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors partners with Orix India for priority test drives

Why couldn't this be done simply via their dealerships? As such the Harrier is not flying off the shelves and TD car should be easily available.

I do not understand why Tata is not introducing the AT box and features like a panoramic sunroof in the Harrier. Atleast start talking about it and create a buzz even if the launch could be next year. Currently to be honest, Harrier is no where in the market as both Seltos and Hector are eating at both ends of the pie.
drmohitg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra is already doing this.
The test drives are scheduled according to one's schedule and these can be quite comprehensive and longer. Also no pushy sales people join these drives
These cannot be compared to the test drive offered by most dealers.
speedmiester is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:05   #4
BANNED

Every article I come across with respect to the Harrier reminds me of a situation where a sinking building is noticed by the management and in order to save it they decide to re-paint the walls, replace CFLs with LEDs and increase the height of the fencing! Hilarious!
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Whats new in this, apart from the 3rd party vendor providing the test drive service instead of the dealership?

Dealerships have been providing this service since time immemorial.
Way back in 2005, an Alto was sent to me by the dealership 20 kms away to my residence for a test drive. Point to note is there were other Maruti dealers who were closer.
All my test drives have been mostly arranged either at my office or residence, as per my convenience.

Unless I am missing something, I don't think TML should be advertising this thing as industry first. You can show interest in any car test drive online and the company arranges for the test drive. Although, I always call up the dealer and that works out much quicker than showing interest online.
Of course, after that, the salesman will keep calling you to close the sale, but I do not think it is going to be any different with Orix in between.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 22nd October 2019 at 16:49.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:20   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'll say it's a good move as long as it runs like a well-oiled machine. Many dealerships struggle to offer prompt test-drives due to their own carelessness or logistical issues. If this simplifies things for the customer and makes test-drives in well-maintained Harriers available promptly, I welcome it.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Orix offers car leasing options to buyers with white board registration. I learnt about them when we visited Mahindra showroom last week. The sales team did not give us a TD vehicle. The showroom staff asked us to contact leasing companies. This is helpful for people looking for leasing options
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:26   #8
BHPian

Hope it works out. We gave up on Nexon AMT as the dealer was not willing to give us a test drive. Neither did they have a vehicle, nor were they willing to source one. In fact, no one responded to our 10+ online requests for a TD. I had to call up the dealer, only to be given the 'take it if you want, we don't care' attitude.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone heard of a customer taking a Harrier TD via Orix yet? In any of the target cities? I'm yet to know about anyone reporting a TD via Orix in my circle. My acquaintances have taken TDs (and even booked) much after this was announced, but all happened via the dealerships for them.
Old 9th January 2020, 10:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I had to call up the dealer, only to be given the 'take it if you want, we don't care' attitude.
I still wonder how these dealerships survive? Other than Maruti Showrooms, I had worst experience with both Tata and Mahindra, regardless of Bangalore, Shimoga or other cities. Even when we visited Renault, Bangalore, no one even bothered to come and talk to us. We had to go on and beg them to talk.

Really, how these dealerships survive?
Old 9th January 2020, 11:53   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
Really, how these dealerships survive?
I'm guessing on the blessings of customers looking beyond sales staff interaction for first 1 week. More interested in the qualities of the car they are buying rather than the sales person who they aren't planning on buying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks