Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 09:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City BS6 specs, variants leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
This adds to my confusion. I have almost decided on City petrol V manual. Got a good price for my 2012 Punto and discount of 1.2 lacks. Now, I'm confused whether to hold back and get BS6 version or to go with BS4. But, I'm not sure if BS6 will have these kind of discounts.
Go with BS-4. You will save a nice packet by way of discount with no negative effect whatsoever in terms of the mechanical purity and features of the car (these remain identical on the BS-6 version). Wont make much of a difference when it comes to resale, since that difference will be offset by what you are saving a upfront, i.e. discount plus the price hike of Rs. 40-60,000 on the BS-6 version.

Now is a good time to pick up the City. I picked up mine earlier this year with a similarly neat discount, since I saw no real value in waiting for a pricier version of the identical car. No regrets whatsoever, have a big smile on my face every time I take that creamy iVTEC out of my garage.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 6th November 2019 at 09:28.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 11:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
discount plus the price hike of Rs. 40-60,000 on the BS-6 version.
In case of the iVTEC City, if its just an engine update to BSVI compliance and no accompanying face-lift, I don't think the price hike will be this large scale. Should be around 10k tops IMO.

At the same time - I agree too that now is the time to pick one up. As cheap as possible thanks to discounts & no features lost by buying right now considering none are expected to be added in the BSVI car.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 11:55   #18
BHPian

Reinhard, advaydh and arindambasu13, thanks a lot for the guidance. Just came back from the dealer Maansarovar Honda. The discount of 1.2 lac was offered last month. Now, they say the discounts are at 1.1 lac. Also, they say that they have to reevaluate my Punto as its been 1 month.

So waiting for them to give me a final quote. The sales person says that there are no City available in the factory and by December all the 2018 models will be sold. I'm not sure how true it is. Waiting for the final quote now
Old 6th November 2019, 11:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
In case of the iVTEC City, if its just an engine update to BSVI compliance and no accompanying face-lift, I don't think the price hike will be this large scale. Should be around 10k tops IMO.
My estimate was based upon the news article which Autocar had published today (https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-414768). Of course, the veracity of this is yet to be confirmed.

Rs. 10,000 is an optimistic number to hope for, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if this were indeed the case.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 12:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just came back from the dealer Maansarovar Honda. The discount of 1.2 lac was offered last month. Now, they say the discounts are at 1.1 lac. Also, they say that they have to reevaluate my Punto as its been 1 month.
Taking you for a ride. Tell them you aren't interested anymore to deal with such folk & find a different dealer.
Old 6th November 2019, 13:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Taking you for a ride. Tell them you aren't interested anymore to deal with such folk & find a different dealer.

I believe they last month should have been quite decent. So they are playing hard ball here
sridharj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 13:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe they last month should have been quite decent. So they are playing hard ball here
Yes, typical boring tactic. Tell them you aren't interested and close the discussion. You'll get a call after a week from their sales "manager". And they'll agree to cut the previous deal as an exception for you by taking approvals directly from Honda. Just because you are their most valued customer to date.

....Yawn..
Some day these things need to take a step forward. Been this way since decades now!
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 17:24   #23
BHPian

Re: Honda City BS6 specs, variants leaked

Honda City BS6 petrol prices to start from Rs 10.22 lakh

Variant wise prices revealed

While only the 119hp, 1.5-litre petrol engine has been upgraded for now, the 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel will be upgraded before April 2020.
Petrol City prices to increase by about Rs 10000 - 15000.

Honda City BS6 specs, variants leaked-screenshot_20191116180020_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 16th November 2019 at 17:31.
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks