Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2007, 16:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
checked with the Hyundai dealer and he told me that Hyundai will continue manf Satro's atleast for the next 5 yrs for sure ....so even if the new car comes out i beleive Santro will still be in the corner around ...
Actually this is the same thing that the dealers,HMIL said during the verna launch with regards to the Hyundai accent.I dont know whether Hyundai has intentionally stopped selling the accent or its just the case that no one is buying the accent anymore.
One thing working for one company may not work for the other[Ford is still able to sell the ikon,while accent sales almost negligible],so just following maruti strategy may or maynot work out well.

There are different possibilities with this strategy
1>. People accept the santro more than the amica/pa ,and the amica/pa does badly
2>. People accept the amica/pa and stop buying the santro,and the santro does badly[maybe suffer accent fate].
3>. Both the santro and the amica/pa do well and hyundai is able to able to topple MUL or atleast garner a lot more of the marketshare[even if both do reasonably well].

Really interesting times ahead is all I can say.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 22nd February 2007 at 16:06.
Old 23rd February 2007, 05:22   #17
BANNED

The price of Santro(XK Non-AC) is almost near to Alto LX. I think that they will surely reduce the price of Santro since they have already made money from Santro and they "may want to take on the Alto". And also the production cost of Santro is very less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
Whats the used car price of the Alto VXi 1.1? I think it still commands what it deserves.
No, the VXi is not having a higher price tag in the used car market although it's having takers who know very well about that car. But it commands a big premium at TrueValue centers (for buyers and not for sellers !!).
Old 23rd February 2007, 08:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

I found this on a website. Could be the new Santro. Looks similar to the car I saw being tested near Sriperumbadur, chennai. The headlights were not round though.
that looks like snow. may not be an indian model.
Old 23rd February 2007, 11:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
that looks like snow. may not be an indian model.
Yes, it isnt India. The pic is of the new Santro being tested elsewhere. But it has striking similarity to the test car I saw.
Old 4th March 2007, 00:47   #20
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
News is doing the rounds that the santro prices would be lowered to almost Maruti alto levels.This implies that present Hyundai santro would loose a lot of its resale value.Should Santro owners trust media reports sell their cars now itself so they can enjoy a much higher value in the seconds market or should they wait and see.Also would you go in for a hyundai santro now.The Hyundai Amica/pa is expected in the fourth quarter of 2007
I would certainly wait rather than buy a Santro now. But I have no intention of selling my old Santro. It already doesn't have much resale value any way. It is still a good car and has a lot more to give (done about 44500 kms till now). Did Pune-Mumbai through a fair amount of traffic yesterday night. From Katraj bus stop to Sion Hospital via Ghatkopar in two hours flat (8 PM to 10 PM, 158 kms). Sure was a superb drive and the car continues to impress me with its handling, especially with tubeless tyres. I hope Hyundai has the sense to offer its new models with alloys and tubeless tyres as options.

I think people who bought a Santro Xing in the last couple of years might be thinking of disposing it off and waiting for the new models.
Old 31st October 2007, 14:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Guess this thread was approximately 6 months before time.
Old 31st October 2007, 15:26   #22
BHPian

I just checked with Huyndai dealer..
Santro Xing XO model alreday out of production..
you get santro GVS as top model (fr power windows only) which cost 4.08 in pune and they are giving insurance for free..so around 3.80..
I guess this might be the begining
Old 31st October 2007, 18:00   #23
BANNED

If PA starts selling then surely Santros resale value will fall. No point in discussing more !
Old 31st October 2007, 19:59   #24
BHPian

Santro is a good car.. If the XO stops, people would be jealous of the XO owners

I would however keep the santro. No problem if resale falls.

cya
A
Old 31st October 2007, 20:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have a Santro Xing 2003 Model. Resale Value of Santro is really good.
So with the launch of the PA - I do not think it really is going to affect the Santro's resale value.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:07   #26
BHPian

Santor is a very good car. I do not think Hyundai will lower th prices to the Alto level.
As far as i10 is concerend, it is just launched. We need to see the market response for it, once the inital euphoria dies down.
Old 1st November 2007, 00:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, resale value of cars drop drastically only when the company offers huge discounts on current variants of the same car.

I don't see a reason why there would be a drop in resale value if there is a new entrant. If that brings down the cost of every Santro variant, then I guess it shall. But I don't think Hyundai would be that stupid to disappoint all the customers acquired since '97 or so.
Old 5th November 2007, 01:26   #28
BHPian

dont think resale valeu would drop that dramatically ...on news of either the Pa or i10 ...
it has been the car withg best resale value for past couple of years..

just sold mine .2004 for 2.45

but we'll come to know the real indiactors by early 2008 only

but from what i heard xing has stopped production ...

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks