Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 09:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Changan Automobile to enter Indian market with two SUVs, including the CS75

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Care to explain why you have excluded Hyundai, Renault, Tata , M&M etc when their models like Santro, Kwid, Scorpio and Nano also performed poorly in crash tests? None are saints here.
I hope you know that Maruti sells the most cars in India. Whats your point? Because others are selling cars with poor safety, its OK for MS to do so too?

Quote:
Suzuki to be banned from western countries because of their build? Your source of this info please.
Troll. Read the post again. Did I mention anywhere Suzuki is going to be banned. My statement was "Haven't we all accepted with open arms, even those junks from Suzuki which would probably be banned in western countries?"

Some of the most popular models from MS are Alto, Eeco, Omni etc.. Please go and check if those things are on sale in UK or US.

I dont know what you are trying to prove here. Anyway I'm not going to respond to any more trolling.

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th June 2020 at 06:39. Reason: Toned down a bit
Old 27th January 2020, 11:14   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I hope you know that Maruti sells the most cars in India.
If 50% are from Maruti, the remaining 50% are from others. So, singling out Suzuki in your original statement is not appropriate.

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th June 2020 at 06:39. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 27th January 2020, 11:24   #18
BHPian

With Chinese carmakers such as Changan, SAIC, BYD, and Great Wall evincing interest in India, the Indian incumbents must be sweating profusely at a prospective Chinafication of the Indian auto landscape just as it happened in the smartphone, digital, technology, consumer, and payments industries in India.

Agreed about the anti-China sentiment due to geopolitics or the perceived lack of quality or reliability of the Chinese goods. I will let the Chinese automakers prove themselves across reliability, quality, cost effectiveness, and value for money parameters - if they can do these, all power to them. As far as geopolitical concerns are concerned, a larger stake for Chinese industries in India will force their ruling class to lend a more serious attention to India's concerns - economic interests will trump over any perceived political issues leading to resolutions. This is a lever that India can pull to her advantage.

I am all for investors whether domestic or foreign. They must be committed to India, bring investments and new / leading technologies, create jobs, follow the law, and play by the rules. We are not in a position to say no to these investments and technologies what with the incompetence of the Indian industry so much so that we have to back off from RCEP. Numerous Indian companies are already majority foreign owned although the management is Indian, e.g., ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Maruti, PayTM, Flipkart, Ola.

One aspect often overlooked in the rapid development of poor countries is the neighborhood. A strong, developed, rich, prosperous neighborhood has a favorable impact on a poor country's economic prospects. China herself immensely benefited economically and technologically from both Japan and Russia. Now South East Asia benefits from the strong economic and financial ecosystem comprising of Japan, China, Singapore, and Australia. Unfortunately, India's neighborhood has not been blessed with such an enabling environment. This could change with better economic cooperation between India and leading Asian giants.

Last edited by murillo : 27th January 2020 at 11:33.
murillo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 11:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

China-based Changan Automobiles' India entry delayed

According to a media report, China-based Changan Automobiles has postponed its plans to enter the Indian market by at least a year.

Changan Automobile to enter Indian market with two SUVs, including the CS75-plate_1.jpg

The report states that Changan has also deferred its plan to partner with the Landmark Group. The two companies had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in 2019.

The decision was reportedly taken considering the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on the market. It is also believed that going forward, the company might consider partnering with a local manufacturer.

The company is yet to finalize a site for its manufacturing unit. It has been in talks with vendors to setup a vendor park in Chennai.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 9th June 2020 at 11:03.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 16:38   #20
BANNED

It's better if they bring the cars under a new brand, otherwise the Chinese name and associated distaste due to the Chinese products suck stereotype and the recent pandemic will definitely kill the effort (or if the price is soo low that it becomes too good to pass)
Nikhildrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 18:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

What car is this? Looks a bit like the Volvo S-60 Cross Country.
Old 9th June 2020, 19:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
What car is this? Looks a bit like the Volvo S-60 Cross Country.
I sincerely wish that Changan enters to India soon. Their cars oozes luxury and offers great performance at super affordable prices.

The car shown in the picture is their premium 5 seater SUV CS85. It mimicks BMW X5/X6 in my opinion.

I am driving a Changan for last two years and had already put close to 55000 Kms on it. With not an extra penny spent other than the periodic services

And my first post in TBHP is on a Changan thread , coincidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Changan Automobile to enter Indian market with two SUVs, including the CS75-unnamed.jpg  

kamilharis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 20:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Okay that SUV looks great. What are the odds it will be priced around the Hector?
Old 9th June 2020, 21:47   #24
BHPian

Never heard of Changan till I saw this post. Checked out their inventory of vehicles and they look promising though I can see several design influences from several other brands.

Currently, there is this anti-China mood that I hope doesn't affect Chinese businesses in India. These companies make significant investments and employ an Indian workforce - I'm hoping the best for these businesses, whether it is MG, Changan or SAIC.
Old 9th June 2020, 23:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Okay that SUV looks great. What are the odds it will be priced around the Hector?
Here in Saudi Arabia it's priced around equivalent INR ₹19Lakhs for it's fully loaded variant , on the road. They have launched just one variath for CS85. The vehicle is super rich in terms of features and quality. Churns out 233HP and 360Nm torque from a 2L petrol engine paired with an 8 speed Aisin AT. It even has Autonomous Braking System , 64 color ambient lighting , 225 section 19 inch wheels and the list goes on
kamilharis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Changan Automobile puts its India plans on hold

According to a media report, Chinese carmaker Changan Automobile has put its India plans on hold due to the ongoing border tensions between the two countries.

Changan Automobile to enter Indian market with two SUVs, including the CS75-changan.jpg

Changan Automobile was planning to invest over US$ 500 million in India. The company had scouted locations for its manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Gujarat. It had even appointed a local distribution partner. The report states that the company has since closed down its India office.

Another Chinese carmaker whose India plans have hit a roadblock is Great Wall Motors. The company had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in January 2020 for the sale of the General Motors' manufacturing plant in Talegaon, near Pune. However, that deal is still awaiting government clearance.

Source: ET Auto
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed