Team-BHP - Share your automotive bucket list here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Share your automotive bucket list here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/215868-share-your-automotive-bucket-list-here.html)

Am sure that as petrol-heads, all of you have a bucket list of some sort for cars / bikes. Here’s mine in no particular order:
Share your automotive bucket list here!-collage2.jpg

• Take a nice rugged SUV to Leh-Ladakh. Have to sheepishly admit that I’ve been only ogling at Ladakh travelogue pictures ever since TSK1979 showed us how to travel there.

• Ride a 600 – 1000 cc bike on a race track. Like, really redline a sweet Honda or Kawasaki motor to 13,000 rpm on a long track. Minimum 50 laps needed.

• Buy a F-A-S-T electric car that can do 0 – 100 in 2.xx seconds.

• Drive a Ferrari & Lamborghini back-to-back on a race track.

• Spend a week in China, understanding its car scene and culture. China is well & truly a MEGA country. Respect!

• Have hot laps at the Spa F1 track, and Monaco (any car will do…even a 200 BHP hatchback).

• Drive a truck for 200 km minimum. Any big, bad, powerful, modern truck. Am still not over my drive in the iconic Tata 407.

• Live with a Mahindra Thar. Simply love that Jeep! Would’ve bought one already if I didn’t already own an old Jeep.

• Own a Porsche 911.

• Be driven as a passenger by an F1 driver to know what REAL driving talent is about. And closer home, by Gaurav Gill.

• Do a road-trip to beautiful Goa in a vintage car (luxury barge like a Cadillac or W111 preferred).

• A Mini Cooper S on a wet & empty mountain road. I did it at the time of our Official Review and want to do it again!

• Watch a MotoGP race live (have already been to some F1 races).

• Rent a Dodge Challenger on my next USA trip. Modern & classic models, both.

• Own a muscle car. A used Mustang appears to be the easiest way to get there.

• Redline a German car on the Nürburgring, then the Autobahn.

• Own a Ferrari.

• Ride a Harley-Davidson on California Highway 1. I recently did it in a Corvette :thumbs up.

P.S. I must add, thanks to Team-BHP, I have checked off a lot of items on my bucket list already :D.

I am just 19 so still have loads to do some are:

1. Own a classic American muscle i.e. Bullitt Mustang.

2. Have a dream garage for DIY's just like Jeroen sir.

3. Ride a 600cc - 1000cc for a long distance.

4. Drive a white Ferrari testarossa.

5. Own a truck like F150.

6. Drive a Porsche 911 for a track day.

7. Drive a modern yet rugged SUV for at least 200 Kms and taking it to Ladakh even better!

Nice! Here's my list --
  1. Own a black (current gen) THAR & take it to the Pangong lake
  2. Own a Tata Safari
  3. Drive a Ferrari 458 Italia (Just drive once. Not own. No matter how rich I ever get.)
  4. Hot laps around Spa & Nordschleife
  5. Drive the Golden Quadrangle
  6. Sit passenger with Kimi Raikkonen along the 130R
  7. Drive across the 7 sister states
  8. Drive to Himachal
  9. Have a parking that has a stepped pit under my car - Never will visit a service station again
  10. Open up a car engine into pieces & put it back together. (Bike & scooter I'm already done with.)
  11. Lease a Camaro for an year
  12. Sell my bike off!

I will take what others are havingagree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4697204)
• Take a nice rugged SUV to Leh-Ladakh. Have to sheepishly admit that I’ve been only ogling at Ladakh travelogue pictures ever since TSK1979 showed us how to travel there.

It all started with the opening scene of 3 Idiots playing on a big screen and I was sold. Then the travelogue about 18 Passes, 15 Lakes and a White Elephant!
I have shared TSK1979's thread with a LOT of my friends and family. Guess what, each one of them was sold and wants to make a road trip to Ladakh with me!

My dream had a Mission 2020 - buy a SUV and drive down to Leh in 2020. Barely a month away from 2020, I could muster courage to buy a crossover and still thinking about Ladakh.

Quote:

• Spend a week in China, understanding its car scene and culture. China is well & truly a MEGA country. Respect!
Looking at the rip-offs thread, I wonder looking what kind of market does China have? Truly worth studying, a week might be too less!

Quote:

• Drive a truck for 200 km minimum. Any big, bad, powerful, modern truck. Am still not over my drive in the iconic Tata 407.
Unfortunately, never have had a chance to drive one but again, I wonder!
And I respect MOST of the truck drivers.

Quote:

• Live with a Mahindra Thar. Simply love that Jeep! Would’ve bought one already if I didn’t already own an old Jeep.
A close friend has one and I borrow it whenever I get a chance. It has always been a love-hate relationship but my drive ends with a big grin:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by revvharder (Post 4697215)
1. Own a classic American muscle i.e. Bullitt Mustang.

2. Have a dream garage for DIY's just like Jeroen sir.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelguy (Post 4697216)
  • Have an own garage to service my motorcycles and cars myself.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4697222)
Nice! Here's my list --
Own a Tata Safari

Have a parking that has a stepped pit under my car - Never will visit a service station again

Me and my best friend have been Tata fan boys since we kids and Safari was the epitome of luxury! Trust me when I say, we went on our bicycles to check-out the Safari LX (which had a special price of 7.99L back then).
Recently, my friend was this close to buying a used 3.0L Dicor model but after 1 TD in that car, we both decided to stick to Safari posters!

Apart from the above, I dream to own three other cars - an open top Gypsy, Merc W123 and a Yellow Indica Sport (don't ask me why!)

Here's my list :

My list in no order
1. I really want to drive a Bugatti Flat out.
2. Drive an SLS AMG, just for the noise and the subsequent happy tears paired with huge grin.
3. Get to go on one of F1's hot laps with the Honey Badger.
4. Go on a road trip (either India or abroad) with some friends.
5. Experience the ferocity of an F1 car. But first, I want to see one live on a track.

Mine is a bit of random list:
Good to see some progress on my list :D

Since I currently live in Dubai, I will list out my bucket list specific to this country -

Share your automotive bucket list here!-1965-mustang.jpg
Own a classic Mustang

Share your automotive bucket list here!-2018jeepgrandcherokeetrackhawkfirstdrive.jpg
And a mad SUV like the Jeep Trackhawk!

Share your automotive bucket list here!-dually-truck.jpg
And a crazy and pointless dually pickup!

Share your automotive bucket list here!-nissanpatrolsupersafari4760x390.jpg
Have a rugged and capable SUV for dune bashing

Share your automotive bucket list here!-road-king.jpg
Ride a Harley Road King someday

Share your automotive bucket list here!-scaniaontherighttrackin2017.jpg
Drive a 16 wheeler with full load!

On a practical side of things, I will keep my bucket list humble:
1. Own a Pajero SFX and take it on a drive to Tawang.
2. Own a Punto Abarth
3. Gift a 595 Competezione to wife
4. Get Leh'd on my Interceptor 650
5. Own a Palio S10
6. Own a big house with sparkling floor, good spotlights etc and convert it into showroom for above cars.

1. Do a long road trip in a Motor house
  2. Own the Scalpel
  3. Own a classic Muscle Car
  4. Own the Jeep Wrangler with all the cool accessories
  5. Drifting in a rear wheel drive car
  6. Driving a Hovercraft
  7. Driving a submarine

Keeping it simple -

A sound body, a sane mind and the same enthusiasm to drive till the day I die.

(and also a lap around Nurburgring in a Taycan, hitting 155) :cool:

Let's see
1.Take a Fortuner on a tour all around India.
2. BMW 5 Series from Bangalore to Goa.
3. A Tesla Model 3 for the city and short trips.
4. An Audi Q7 for those airport runs stupid:
Cheers!

. Own a W116 450
. Own a W124 500E
. Own a Jaguar E-type V12
. Own a yamaha R6
. Drive an SUV across continents
. Drive a Lamborghini in a circuit
. Do a road trip in a convertible car on Pacific Coast Highway

Here's mine. Some are possible while others are highly outlandish :D.

1) Drive from Kerala to Leh/Ladakh.
2) Own the 1967 Ford Mustang. It's my all time favorite car.
3) Lap the Top Gear test track in a Murcielago SV.
4) Drive the 911 GT2 RS. (Although I have been extremely lucky in getting to see and sit in some really cool super cars here, I have never been lucky enough to drive. Of course, I didn't have the guts to ask the owner to lend his priceless super cars. The closest I got was rev the Urus. That was pretty satisfying).
5) Own the Ford F150 Raptor.
6) Witness the Isle of Man (as a spectator of course).
7) Participate in the Dakar rally.
8) Finally, tell my grand children that I accomplished the above stupid:.