Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2020, 14:03   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,
Yet another exclusive for Team-BHP:- Pricing of the BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 diesel, which is scheduled to be launched very shortly.

Fantastic by Mahindra. They have retained the earlier pricing with BS6 compatibility. Take that, Maruti-Suzuki!
Have they used the term "introductory" pricing anywhere yet?

Also - I think with COVID-19 still to peak in India - it was a no brainer not to hike pricing & absorb any BSVI related costs for now. Anyway sales are going to be down for some time now.
Old 26th March 2020, 11:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched

Good to see Mahindra absorb BSVI related costs for the diesel XUV300 and not come with a price hike. I think Ford set the trend, with minimal to zero increases across variants on the Ecosport. M&M need to now offer the full original Korean car with the 4,2m length - without the backside chopped off, as an XUV400. No other changes, the engines, transmissions and interiors are all good. If they can limit the price delta to about a lakh more than XUV300, they will have winner in their hands to compete with the likes of Creta and S-Cross.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th March 2020 at 01:57. Reason: guessing it should be S-cross not t-cross :)
Old 26th March 2020, 11:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Extra Hardware like Lean NOx trap & DPF would have been added.
Only a re-map may not be sufficient.
Exactly, and cleaning a DPF is not terribly convenient, especially for us who do not have big garages at the back of our houses. I've seen quite a few DIY videos of Europeans having a tough time with it. It adds cost for the owners and demands more efforts in terms of preventive maintenance, nobody can deny that.

I think turbo-petrol engines are a better choice now or perhaps something on the lines of Mazda's HCCI engine, perhaps a localized cheaper variant.
Old 26th March 2020, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post

I think turbo-petrol engines are a better choice now or perhaps something on the lines of Mazda's HCCI engine, perhaps a localized cheaper variant.
The problem with turbo petrol engines are:
1. Sub-par fuel efficiency (compared to diesels)
2. The latest line of Direct Injection Turbo Petrols are being priced on-par or even higher than corresponding diesels.

In the short term, diesels will continue to thrive.
Old 26th March 2020, 16:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The problem with turbo petrol engines are:
1. Sub-par fuel efficiency (compared to diesels)
2. The latest line of Direct Injection Turbo Petrols are being priced on-par or even higher than corresponding diesels.

In the short term, diesels will continue to thrive.
Diesel will always be much more fuel efficient than petrol (unless we start using HCCI engines). I've experienced Tier 4 diesel engines way back in 2015 when I was involved in making and testing a utility tractor for the US market, its exhaust fumes gave me headaches.

True, manufacturers have priced BS6 diesel vehicles strategically, the fact is that they will prove to be difficult to maintain especially wrt petrol engines. Turbo petrol engines are a recent phenomenon in our country and prices will surely come down once mass production begins/vendors become more competent. Also once RDE norms come into effect and OEMs will be under greater pressure to reduce diesel engines as the regulatory authorities will be randomly checking vehicles from dealer stocks/customers etc.
Old 29th March 2020, 01:46   #21
BHPian

Have there been any feature additions/facelift changes with the BS6 variant as compared to BS4?
Old 29th March 2020, 08:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Exactly, and cleaning a DPF is not terribly convenient, especially for us who do not have big garages at the back of our houses. I've seen quite a few DIY videos of Europeans having a tough time with it. It adds cost for the owners and demands more efforts in terms of preventive maintenance, nobody can deny that.
I am beginning to think that DPF hate is an online phenomenon, much like a conspiracy theory. IMO, the hassles are well worth the reduction in particulates. For a city like Delhi , the particles from tail pipe is lesser than particles in intake air for a vehicle with DPF.(controversial statement, but true when only PM2.5 and PM10 are in picture).

While there is no denying that DPF is a pain, there is no human intervention needed to clean one. Infact, if you are a typical customer you will have no idea that there is a DPF in your vehicle. There will be a regen every 800 kms or so and there will be a insignificant fuel economy increase. Every 5-6 years DPF has to be cleaned with disassembly which a service center can do without much hazzle.

So yeah, extraordinary reduction of particles at a small price is what a DPF can give.
Old 29th March 2020, 16:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukarsan View Post
I am beginning to think that DPF hate is an online phenomenon, much like a conspiracy theory. IMO, the hassles are well worth the reduction in particulates. For a city like Delhi , the particles from tail pipe is lesser than particles in intake air for a vehicle with DPF.(controversial statement, but true when only PM2.5 and PM10 are in picture).
I wouldn't call it 'DPF hate' but more of a precaution against potential DPF cleaning nightmares or let us call it 'inconvenience'.

I love and admire diesel engines and related tech (one of my all time favourite cars is the Audi R10 which had a V12 TDi). But I own a petrol vehicle simply because it is far smoother and quieter. What's more, the PM and NOx emissions are also comparatively lesser than diesel, though the downside is more CO2 emissions. Which is why I like the best of both worlds-HCCI!
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched-r10_engine.jpg  

ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 14:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Mahindra XUV300 diesel-manual fuel economy revealed with an ARAI-rated figure of 20kpl.

BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched-smartselect_20200604142708_chrome.jpg

Source :Autocar India
Old 13th October 2020, 19:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

2020 Mahindra XUV300 BS6 petrol review

Old 13th October 2020, 21:22   #26
BHPian

Is there any hint of a Petrol Automatic in pipeline ?
I personally have the same observations as in the ACI review - tall gear lever, long throws and long-travel clutch. For people who drive a large part in cities this is a sore miss, which favours Sonet/Venue.
Old 1st August 2021, 13:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the Mahindra XUV300 Sportz ?

Earlier slated to launch in April 2020, the Mahindra XUV300 Sportz’ market debut was delayed by the pandemic.

Quote:
Mahindra XUV300 Sportz to be powered by an updated 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The engine now features direct injection, which the standard petrol model lacks.
It will develop 130PS and 230Nm, making it the most powerful sub-4m SUV yet.
Will initially be offered with a 6-speed manual transmission, automatic likely to come later.
Shown at the 2020 Auto Expo, the XUV300 Sportz will get red accents inside-out for distinction.
It’s likely to launch later this year.
BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched-3.jpg

BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched-2.jpg

BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 Petrol launched-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks