Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2019, 12:49   #1
BANNED

Mitsubishi Outlander now at Rs 26.93 lakh after price cut, also gets 7" touchscreen

Mitsubishi Outlander now at Rs 26.93 lakh after price cut, also gets 7" touchscreen-outlander1.jpg
*Now available only in petrol.

Quote:
Following a 6 year gap of not launching a single new car in India, Mitsubishi finally launched a new car in June 2018. It was the much awaited Outlander SUV. Priced from Rs 32 lakhs ex-sh, there were not many takers for the SUV.

Brought in as a Completely Built Unit and exclusively powered by a petrol engine, the Mitsubishi Outlander SUV is now being sold at a staggering discount of more than Rs 5 lakhs. This is a flat price cut by the company, and is not any dealer level offer.

The new Mitsubishi Outlander gets a complete overall as compared to its earlier model which was discontinued from sale in India in 2013. In its new makeover, the Mitsubishi Outlander gets a more premium design language, added features and is offered as a 7 seater SUV to take on the Skoda Kodiaq, Toyota Fortuner and Volkswagen Tiguan among others in its class.

Mitsubishi Outlander gets 7 exterior colour options of Black Pearl, Cosmic Blue, Orient Red, White Solid, White Pearl and Titanium Grey. Its exteriors are seen with a large chrome grille with chrome accents, LED headlamps and LED DRLs, LED tail lamps and premium multi spoke 16” alloy wheels. The SUV is also wider and longer than its earlier counterpart.

Interiors of the Outlander also boast of a more premium stance with a 7 seat layout. It gets a black and beige colour scheme with leather upholstered seats, dual zone climate control and a sunroof. It is seen with a new 7 inch touchscreen infotainment system, 710 watt Rockford Fosgate audio system with 4 speakers and safety features among which are keyless entry, auto headlamps, electric parking brake, rain sensing wipers and an electric sunroof. It also receives a total of 7 airbags, ABS, EBD and Hill Start Assist.

The single engine on the Mitsubishi Outlander is a 2.4 liter MIVEC petrol engine offering 165 bhp power and 222 Nm torque mated only to a 6 speed CVT with Multi Select 4WD system. This engine allows acceleration from 0 to 100 kmph in 11.1 seconds.

New Mitsubishi Outlander competes with Skoda Kodiaq, VW Tiguan, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Honda CR-V and the likes. Mitsubishi is targeting sales of 250-300 units by the end of FY19-20, while plans are also afoot to launch a hybrid Outlander PHEV in India.
IMO, ~26lakh is a steal deal for this 5+2 seater, AWD, automatic, only fly in the ointment is minuscule a.s.s network and the brand's uncertain future in India.

Source: Rushlane

Last edited by wheelguy : 17th December 2019 at 13:16.
wheelguy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:13   #2
BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Outlander now at Rs 26.93 lakh after price cut, also gets 7" touchscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
IMO, ~26lakh is steal deal for this 5+2 seater, AWD, automatic, only fly in the ointment is minuscule a.s.s network.
I think a bigger worry would be a fear that Mitsubishi could end up leaving the Indian market.

If they had brought this as CKD instead of CBU, and taken the price closer to 20 lakhs, they might have found some buyers. At the current price, most buyers would spend a few lakhs extra for better brands and peace of mind.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Outlander now at Rs 26.93 lakh after price cut, also gets 7" touchscreen

What I see going against this capable SUV (in addition to the poor ASS) even at this attractive pricing
  • Lack of panoramic sunroof
  • 7" screen (10" is becoming standard)
  • ARAI rated FE of 8kmpl (real life FEs are normally even lower)
  • Somewhat underpowered (0-100 kmph coming at 11+).
  • NA petrol engine with CVT (Turbo petrols + DCT are becoming very common)
Guna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

For anyone who thinks this is a steal deal, the CRV AWD Deisel with its 5L discount brings the Ex-Showroom price to around 27L. That is with a diesel, AWD, panoramic sunroof, Automatic and that Honda reliability and service backing it up.

That would be a steal.

But for a petrol SUV frankly this isn't a steal and neither is the Honda.

If you actually look at the deals in the below 35L Ex-showroom bracket, there are NO steal deals. All just re-calibrated to where they should have been in first place.
navpreet318 is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is Mitsubishi functional in India? I thought they had shut shop. Showroom near residency road and Hebbal have been closed here in Bangalore.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:50   #6
BHPian

This is definitely a steal from customer
AnandB is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 17:37   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander now at Rs 26.93 lakh after price cut, also gets 7" touchscreen

Quote:
Brought in as a Completely Built Unit and exclusively powered by a petrol engine, the Mitsubishi Outlander SUV is now being sold at a staggering discount of more than Rs 5 lakhs.
This is not just a discount - it's stock clearance at any cost! Because its a CBU & Mitsubishi has all of 2 engineers on its payroll in India, this car won't be made BS6 compliant, even though it's a petrol (the diesels are tricky in BS6 compliance, not petrols). At least not initially. So this is more of a "buy it from us before we can't legally sell it anymore" kind of sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I think a bigger worry would be a fear that Mitsubishi could end up leaving the Indian market.
I don't think they will have any cars on sale from April 2020.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 23:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander now at Rs 26.93 lakh after price cut, also gets 7" touchscreen

Clearing existing stock and preparing for BS6 or exiting? Kia/MG effect? What is the motive behind this move?

With new entrants(Kia/MG), I think Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, VW, Renault, and Skoda are going to be squeezed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
IMO, ~26lakh is a steal deal for this 5+2 seater, AWD, automatic, only fly in the ointment is minuscule a.s.s network and the brand's uncertain future in India.

Source: Rushlane
Weaker brands are going to get hit. I wouldn't buy this car as I'm unsure about future maintenance support.
Old 18th December 2019, 09:39   #9
BHPian

About 3-4 months ago, just on a whim of buying a pajero sport, I tried contacting Mitsubishi and after much Google searching and online digging came across a Mitsubishi India number. They said that Pajero Sport is no longer being sold and that showrooms across India are being shut but the plan for 2020 is to introduce the newer Pajero Sport (known in some markets as Montero Sports) and also the Xpander series.

Can't confirm or remember who it was that I spoke too but that's what was told to me.
Ashwin Morey is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks