Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 14:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market

Thanks to Mohan for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

A test mule of the Volkswagen Passat has been spotted. The car is likely to have a BS6-compliant engine under its bonnet.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-vw-passat2.png

The test car appears to have a redesigned front bumper, a grille with horizontal chrome slats and wraparound headlamps.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-vw-passat1.jpg

In October 2019, there were reports suggesting that the Passat had been discontinued from the Indian market. The old BS4-compliant model was powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 174 BHP @ 3,600-4,000 rpm and 350 Nm @ 1,500-3,500 rpm. The engine was paired with a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

The Passat BS6 is expected to be launched sometime in 2020.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 14:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market

Thread title edited a bit. What this also denotes is the Passat coming back to the market. As most of you know, the Passat hasn't had any factory dispatches since May 2019. Happy to see this classy & timeless sedan coming back into the market. I'd buy it over the Superb .

Because this generation wasn't offered with a petrol, I'm hopeful that it's a 2.0 diesel under the hood of this test car.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 16:09   #3

Definitely looks edgier than before, resembles the US Spec Passat more.

For the launch, will it be likely to expect the car to get the 2.0 TSI or like in the UK market, launch it with a 1.5 TSI unit?
sourishganguly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 20:26   #4
BHPian

This is great news. The picture is the same as the "New Passat Saloon" from VW UK.

I am a tad disappointed from my TD's of X1 and Tiguan so extending my options to include a mid level sedan ie Superb, 3 series and now the Passat if it's launched soon.
Old 19th December 2019, 11:39   #5
BHPian

My VW Passat B8 is a 2.0TSI and it’s not Euro 6 as Malaysia has not moved to Euro 6 yet.

Malaysia would be moving to Euro 4 from January 2020.

With regards to the Passat B8 it’s more refined & more tamed & elegant compared to my Passat cc B6. But feel the B6 to have better insulation from outside noise.

Driving dynamics :- The B8 is composed and mature as we have come to expect from a VW. And the steering feel, feedback is awesome.

Interiors:- The Front seats are comfortable and you can adjust the seats to various driving styles. While the back seat is almost like a bench. 3 can fit in comfortably as the edges of the seat are aligned right up the door.

Music system :- is good on my Highline version, but for those who like better sound quality can go for the Sound and Style version.

External Looks:- Very simple and easy on the eye look, with a edge like styling. Will surely age well and not look out of place for a while.

DSG 7 speed :- is a breeze to use and you don’t feel any time lapse between gears. The response to throttle is immediate hence making it easy to drive and overtake on Malaysia express ways. Switch to Sports mode and a total different animal is unleashed, with the gear switch happening just as the RPM hits redline, also the steering and breaks become more aggressive. But must say my B6 Passat cc is definitely a more performance oriented car.

Overall love the B8 for it’s simplicity, and love the B6 for its performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-59d056fbdfe24f1b958279ab7fb2d15d.jpeg  

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-124dcd085dda4d91a419d88ad4c60ccf.jpeg  

rajchetan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 14:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Because this generation wasn't offered with a petrol, I'm hopeful that it's a 2.0 diesel under the hood of this test car.
I actually am hoping this is a petrol TSi. I will be on the lookout for a car in this range around mid 2020 and would love to own this one, hence more of a selfish "hope" of this being a petrol. I was also hoping they would deploy the 2 litre TSi motor in the Tiguan (5 seater) and launch it, but based on the news all around, the Tiguan we see will be only the All-Space version which would be too big for my taste.

Last edited by SDP : 19th December 2019 at 16:02. Reason: Typos and punctuation
karan85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 17:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I thought that the VW group will stop selling diesels in India post BS6. Are they making an exception with the passat?

Strange given that they launched even the Audi Q8 as a petrol.
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 17:48   #8
BHPian

News reports claim BS6 VW Passat will come out around May 2020.
News reports also claim Skoda Superb facelift BS6 will come out around May 2020 !!

Does this make sense? Why will SVAG launch 2 very similar and competing models in the same time?

Unless one of the above is false?
Old 24th December 2019, 18:23   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
News reports claim BS6 VW Passat will come out around May 2020.
News reports also claim Skoda Superb facelift BS6 will come out around May 2020 !!

Does this make sense? Why will SVAG launch 2 very similar and competing models in the same time?

Unless one of the above is false?
Sure it does, VW are exiting diesel to avoid further complications (hope its worth it!) so let the engines be common for lower overheads
Old 6th January 2020, 09:35   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 VW Passat launching in Q1 2020, spied again.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-2020volkswagenpassatbs6petrolspied1.jpg

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-2020volkswagenpassatbs6petrolspied2.jpg

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-2020volkswagenpassatbs6petrolspied3.jpg

Link

Last edited by ajmat : 6th January 2020 at 20:40.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 09:54   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't like the front bumper look. Reminds me of the original Joker in Batman - Dark Knight and his signature question "why so serious?" :-).

The car looks totally loaded to capacity - VAG suspensions don't sag usually but just look at the side profile and the rear end. At least on BLR speedbreakers, it will not only hit the rear overhang, it will actually get jammed on it.

But I am glad at least some players have the guts to bring D2 sedans to India. Am looking forward to trying out the 190 bhp 2.0 TSI Passat and Superb back-to-back in April/May 2020.

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th January 2020 at 10:20.
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

2020 VW Passat TSI caught testing

Thanks to ScoopMeister for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-passat-tsi1.jpg

A test mule of the Volkswagen Passat has been spotted. We are told that there was a Petrol sticker near the fuel cap, which indicates that it could have a turbocharged petrol (TSI) engine under the bonnet.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-passat-tsi3.jpg

The updated Passat has a chrome grille with new LED headlamps and a redesigned front bumper. It appears to have redesigned tail lights and rear bumper that has integrated reflectors. It has the Passat lettering on the boot lid. The test car is riding in silver alloy wheels.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-passat-tsi2.jpg

The old BS4-compliant model was powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 174 BHP @ 3,600-4,000 rpm and 350 Nm @ 1,500-3,500 rpm. The engine was paired with a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-passat-tsi4.jpg

The new Passat is expected to get BS6-compliant engine options. It is expected to be launched sometime in 2020.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 07:00   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Volkswagen Passat Petrol Spotted Testing Again,

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-2020volkswagenpassatpetrol1.jpg

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-2020volkswagenpassatpetrol2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 13:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

More images: 2020 VW Passat TSI spied

Thanks to Medhaj Shetty for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-img_6926.jpg

A test mule of the Volkswagen Passat petrol has been spotted. The 'Petrol' sticker near the fuel cap indicates that it is likely to be powered by a turbocharged petrol (TSI) engine.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-img_6922.jpg

The updated Passat has a chrome grille with new LED headlamps and a redesigned front bumper. It appears to have redesigned tail lights and rear bumper that has integrated reflectors. It has the Passat lettering on the boot lid. The test car is riding in silver alloy wheels.

Scoop! Volkswagen Passat BS6 spied, coming back to the market-img_6932.jpg

The old BS4-compliant model was powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 174 BHP @ 3,600-4,000 rpm and 350 Nm @ 1,500-3,500 rpm. The engine was paired with a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th February 2020 at 13:01.
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 13:12   #15
BHPian

I've used a 2011 Passat for 8 odd years and driven it for 80k Km - thoroughly enjoyed the vehicle - had a few expensive repairs to it's Flywheel and Suspension bushes....

Now, I'm wondering whether to sell and upgrade to the latest gen Passat or wait for the awesome looking BMW 2 Series Coupe due out mid year and expected to be priced at a similar level to the Passat......

Head says Passat (Bigger more practical, has a boot) heart says BMW 2 Coupe (awesome looks, quick )
driven646 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks