Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Get your Mercedes serviced within 3 hours or no service fee

Mercedes-Benz has launched a service program called Premiere Express Prime. Under this program, customers can get their cars serviced within 3 hours. If not done, Mercedes will not charge for the service.

Get your Mercedes serviced within 3 hours or no service fee-merc-premiere-service1.jpg

Services covered under Premiere Express Prime include oil and oil filter check and replacement, brake fluid replacement, dust filter replacement, wheel rotation, coolant antifreeze mixture ratio check, washing, interior & exterior cleaning, fuel filter check, air filter replacement, diesel fuel filter, brake discs and brake pads and wheel balancing.

Get your Mercedes serviced within 3 hours or no service fee-merc-premiere-service2.jpg

The Premiere Express Prime program is part of Mercedes' 25 customer service initiatives, introduced to celebrate 25 years of the brand in India.

Initially, Premiere Express Prime service will only be available in Bangalore. It will be launched in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad soon.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Get your Mercedes serviced within 3 hours or no service fee

Nice gimmick, but a good way to push workshops into actually doing work on time. The service turnaround times for luxury cars is ridiculous. No visit takes less than 2 - 3 days, no matter how simple the job.

This will make things better for the customer.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice gimmick, but a good way to push workshops into actually doing work on time. The service turnaround times for luxury cars is ridiculous. No visit takes less than 2 - 3 days, no matter how simple the job.

This will make things better for the customer.
It should be easy to complete the routine servicing in 3 hours. Toyota has a similar service where they complete it in 60 minutes. I've given my car for the 60 minute service and the regular service where they take 3-4 hours, and observed both from the other side of the glass wall at their service stations. The only difference seems to be that if you opt for the 60 minute service, they don't keep your car waiting between 2 tasks.

Even when it take 2-3 days for servicing a luxury car, I think the actual time where they work on your car would be close to 3 hours. I think it is all about removing bottlenecks.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 09:39   #4
Team-BHP Support

Did they have an existing program named with some combination of those words?

If not, way to be redundant on the name. Any one or two of those words could've conveyed the exact same message, but probably won't sound fancy enough.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 10:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

There are these Kwik bays in Mahindra's service centers, they have a 90 minutes turn around time. You still have to pay for everything even if they take one full day though. I have experienced that they finish within 2 hours unless they find something that needs more time than routine service.

It is a bad idea for a Domino's like deal here, the technicians can possibly overlook or worse convince the customer that some things are okay and good to be done during the next service.
Old 24th December 2019, 10:32   #6
BANNED

Quote:
No visit takes less than 2 - 3 days
Not when the car is an LC. Toyota very well knows how to properly segregate and distribute the job among the (right set of) people.

Having experienced them with everything; from Corolla to Innova to Fortuner to LC, they very well know how to send the car out very quickly. It is all about personnel management and work distribution. Until there is a part awaited or extremely complex job - the car will be back in the owner's hands within a few hours - even without the express service.

Normally, when I am out of time - I simply tell them not to wash the car, do all basic stuff and get the car back to me. For 4 people doing it, changing oil, filters, tyre rotation and interior cleaning with vacuum is hardly a half an hour job.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 11:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Nice gimmick
Or perhaps not. They said they would provide a cashback if they fail to do the service within 3 hours, didn't they?

Quote:
The service turnaround times for luxury cars is ridiculous.
You can say that again. The fuel filler door on our E-class once got stuck; made an unscheduled stop at the service center at 2 pm and was out only by 7!
  • 1 hour to find out what's wrong
  • 1 hour to figure out if they have the replacement part in stock (some actuator or something)
  • 1 hour to search for the part
  • 1 hour to replace the part
  • 1 hour to wash, clean etc
Granted this was an unscheduled visit and they were having a busy day. But I'm still of the opinion that the repair took longer than it should.

Regular service tends to take a day or two.

In comparison, a tail light bulb in our Honda City blew, and I made an unscheduled stop at Honda ASS; got it fixed and was out of there within 1 hour!
Old 24th December 2019, 11:18   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

It is just beyond me whilst regular service should take days. These days regular services on any car is a matter of a few hours. It is all very routine and simple, you know exactly what parts you might need. If you cant do it within a few hours, you have not organized it properly.

It is remarkable that what should be the norm, now becomes something unique.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks