Team-BHP - Would the NHC continue to remain the segment leader.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Would the NHC continue to remain the segment leader. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21813-would-nhc-continue-remain-segment-leader-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK (Post 404240)
I think.... to make a car a segment leader or to stop it from becoming one.

Ahhh well, now it is clear. At least the 'deserving' statements should carry a personal opinion tag. ;)

Please have a look:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/405212-post120.html

Dont have the exact break-up of ford vehicle sales but entire ford line up sold
5,382 units as against 5,929 units in the same month last year.

So most likely fiesta lost out to the NHC[5,164 units],Its april sales that we need to look out for however since the NHC prices will increase in this period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 405216)

Wow ! This is fantastic ! A 3000 unit increase in a month !!

agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 384443)
The NHC is the perfect vehicle for Indian cities.

Time has answered that. 5801 NHCs sold in Jan 2008 clap:.
Quote:

But would the NHC continue its segment domination

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 710036)
agree:Time has answered that. 5801 NHCs sold in Jan 2008 .

I don't think there is any trend here. Sales in Dec were down and a lot of people hold off their purchases to get next model year. While NHC continues to do well I don't see NHC selling 5000 on a consistent basis. So IMO the Jan sales number is an aberration.

The question is does NHC sell more than its competitors. And the answer is yes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 710052)
I don't think there is any trend here. Sales in Dec were down and a lot of people hold off their purchases to get next model year. While NHC continues to do well I don't see NHC selling 5000 on a consistent basis. So IMO the Jan sales number is an aberration.

I would rather wait for next 2-3 months before commenting.
I have seen lot of my friends pushing their purchases for next year.
So, let's wait and see if Honda can repeat this for next 2-3 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 710083)
The question is does NHC sell more than its competitors. And the answer is yes.

yes. it's share of the pie might go down, but i think it will continue to lead. honda makes good cars, and it is a highly respected brand here.

Yes Honda had lost its grip before SX4 was launched. In the beginning
SX4 did well. But i dont think SX4 is selling that much right now. Many
people waiting for next generation Honda city. I hope they upgrade the engine. I was disappointed with the present engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 730647)
Yes Honda had lost its grip before SX4 was launched. In the beginning
SX4 did well. But i dont think SX4 is selling that much right now. Many
people waiting for next generation Honda city. I hope they upgrade the engine. I was disappointed with the present engine.

There is news, Honda is going away with the IDSi completely for the next City and will use only Vtec engines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 730950)
There is news, Honda is going away with the IDSi completely for the next City and will use only Vtec engines.

Of course it will, but when. There is hardly any urgent competitive pressure. The same thing was told me in February...of 2007 by Honda dealers, who said IDSI would be phased out in months. Now, expect it when...2008-09?

You can trust Honda on giving the latest products. Most likely, New City (NC) will hit Thailand in Aug 2008. The date is Oct 2008 for India. The date given by the dealer is incorrect.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 730988)
Of course it will, but when. There is hardly any urgent competitive pressure. The same thing was told me in February...of 2007 by Honda dealers, who said IDSI would be phased out in months. Now, expect it when...2008-09?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 730950)

Busa, can you point me to where you got this info? is it on the web?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 731019)
Busa, can you point me to where you got this info? is it on the web?

Read it in ACI some time back. And considering the Vtec gives good FE, its a good move by Honda.