Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 15:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Jaguar-Land Rover overtakes Audi as No. 3 in India's luxury market

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryag1998 View Post
Audi's recent slew of launches have been a complete joke!
The A4 facelift is barely even a facelift compared to the facelift version that's available globally.
But don't you think Lexus is even more grossly over priced. Lexus sells the LS500 at higher price than even A8. The LX retails at 2.3cr, for that price you get Range Rover's. The ES retails for 20 lac more than the Camry, when it is one in disguise.

I mean I too love Lexus, the design language is the freshest but the prices aren't. on the other hand, Volvo has got its act right but they feel the pressure of not having enough snob value.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th February 2020 at 09:29. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane99 View Post
Well JLR is getting its roots deeper. More than half of the Bollywood industry is either using or have a Range Rover in their garages. (Fun fact : People do follow movie stars and though it might be less than 10% but being in constant eyes of paparazzi did help.
Not only Bollywood but down south movie stars are also getting JLR products. Just saw this particular news on my feeds mentioning Dulquer and Mammooty getting new Range Rover Autobiography 369. All these improve aspirational value of JLR products.
Jaguar-Land Rover overtakes Audi as No. 3 in India's luxury market-img_20200212_153856.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 12th February 2020 at 22:12. Reason: Typos
K_Drive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:52   #18
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2020 at 21:55.
aryag1998 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th February 2020, 18:02   #19
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can we get a break up of the sales figures from JLR?
They've claimed to be no.3 without disclosing their sales figures! I don't think they've ever disclosed their numbers all these years for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
It is not just the bollywood but the prime minister's office is also use Range rovers only. They seem to have ditched the 7-series armoured limousines in favour of armoured Range rovers.
I think he still uses the 7 off & on. And sometimes the LandCruiser as well from what i've seen on tv.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 21:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
The interiors with dual touch screen are beautiful to look and the software is very intelligent but not user friendly while driving. One has to take the eyes off the road for considerable amount of time to operate the system.

Given that the Jags are following the same trend, I believe sooner or later we will see people complaining about the useability of these touch screens. Sadly, Mercs are following this trend of big screens too.
Unfortunately, I agree with you - the 'SCREENS' are a little too much now. They are creeping up everywhere, from our wrists to TWO screens in the centre of the dashboard to screens where we had good old dials.
Thankfully, I DO like the implementation by JLR (the trackpad x 2 on the steering wheel) and Mercedes with their entire trackpad. At least you don't have to take the hands off the steering wheel and the menu is seen on the HUD as well.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 12:35   #21
BHPian

The screens are a bit off to be honest. they are too big. I recently rode with a friend in his Hector and the MMI unit looks like a full blown iPad, point being that the reflection off it in the summers would be blinding and also isn't it a distraction or may be it's only me that feels it. Clearly there is a demand for it in the market.

Also, are the legendary JLR after sales services on the mend because many people I know, including myself, have stayed away from JLR because the after sales service has been pretty appalling for such legendary brands. A lot of celebs also complained. A friend of friends XJL spend more time on the service floor than on the road.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 19:04   #22
BHPian

Well, they are surely upping the desirability quotient with such terrific ads! Bond has a following around the world and this ad is just refreshingly fantastic. wish had the bucks to spend on Defender, when launched in India!
Raghuwire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 19:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Considering the SUV hype in India and all over world, JLR should price Discovery and Evoque more aggressively and more sensibly. Both are wonderful cars and sure are head turners on the road. If priced less, surely they can get more numbers.

BTW, Evoque & Discovery, both are my dream cars. Hope to buy one in future, fingers crossed!

Last edited by aniketi : 17th February 2020 at 19:28.
Old 16th January 2021, 11:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar Land Rover India announced the appointment of Shakti Auto Cars as its new retailer partner in Bangalore, with Venkatesh Tatuskar as its director.

The new, state of the art 3S facility is located in the upscale Brookfield area, close to the major IT hub of Whitefield. With this Shakti Auto Cars becomes the luxury carmaker’s 29th dealership in India across 24 major cities in India.

Jaguar-Land Rover overtakes Audi as No. 3 in India's luxury market-20210116_110608.jpg

Jaguar-Land Rover overtakes Audi as No. 3 in India's luxury market-20210116_110610.jpg

Jaguar-Land Rover overtakes Audi as No. 3 in India's luxury market-20210116_110612.jpg

Jaguar-Land Rover overtakes Audi as No. 3 in India's luxury market-20210116_110615.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks