Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 10:42   #16
BHPian

Re: 60-day limit to pay your Traffic Challans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What happens to the situation of vehicles being sold over and unpaid challans (obtained during previous owner's timeline) that would have easily gone beyond the 60 day limit?
In the same boat. I purchased a used car here in Bengaluru, last month. I didn't check the Bengaluru Traffic Police portal before that as I wasn't even aware of it. I thought what ever fines were present would be caught in during the transfer of ownership (TO). And there was no hindrance, and the car has been transferred to my name now.

My colleague was checking for fines for his vehicle, and I asked him to check mine. And lo and behold there's a "Not wearing seat belt fine" from June 2018!

It's a small amount and I'm okay to clear it myself. But it requires a Driving Licence number and the violator's name. The dealer from whom I purchased has washed his hands off. And I'm now wondering what to do with this. :
Attached Thumbnails
60-day limit to pay your Traffic Challans-annotation-20200218-103500.jpg  

Old 16th March 2020, 15:31   #17
BHPian

Re: 60-day limit to pay your Traffic Challans

Hello everyone,

I have a question about payment of a traffic fine and this thread seems like the best place to ask it.

I was checking all my vehicles for unpaid fines and one over speeding fine popped up for my Fortuner. The fact that there was absolutely no signage for hundreds of Kms on that particular stretch of the highway is a whole other issue.

The problem is that the fine appears only when I search for it here : https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/p...13fb947357b230
but the same does not show up, when I used this website : https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan
or the mParivahan app

I have tried to search using the Challan Number and the car's registration number along with engine/chassis number on the latter two options but no fine shows up.

60-day limit to pay your Traffic Challans-screen-shot-20200316-3.19.24-pm.png

60-day limit to pay your Traffic Challans-screenshot_20200316151011_2.jpg

So, do I pay this fine on the site where it does show up?
Is it genuine/valid?

What are my options here?

Thanks,
Abhishek
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks