Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 00:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford introduces FordPass connected app for all BS6 cars

Ford has introduced its connected car technology called FordPass on all BS6 compliant models in India.

All BS6 Ford cars will come equipped with a factory-fitted, cloud-connected device that facilitates real-time information exchange like vehicle health alerts, location, fuel information among others. Existing Ford owners can use FordPass app to locate dealers, find directions or access service history.

FordPass works on a 4G data connection, which is paid for by Ford for unlimited use for 3-years from the date of purchase of the vehicle. The app also allows owners to remote start / stop (AT only), lock or unlock a vehicle. It displays fuel levels and distance to empty, oil levels, tyre pressure and the odometer reading.

The app can also be used to check availability of parts and their costs. It provides information about nearby fuel stations and points of interest. It also has a guides section with self-help articles, facility to call or email a Ford Guide or call for roadside assistance.

The FordPass app is available on Android and iOS platforms.

Ford introduces FordPass connected app for all BS6 cars-ford-pass-banner.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 01:46   #2

Re: Ford introduces FordPass connected app for all BS6 cars

The news mention tyre-pressure monitoring. I wonder if that is possible for lower variants without TPMS.
Old 17th February 2020, 03:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkukkar89 View Post
The news mention tyre-pressure monitoring. I wonder if that is possible for lower variants without TPMS.
No. You have to get a TPMS module installed. Without the equipment in the tire, there is no way for any system to tell whats the current tire pressure.

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th February 2020 at 06:11.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 09:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Ford had an app until a few years back but that went off the App Store for an upgrade. The new app picked up the VIN of my 2016 EcoSport; although, it can't retrieve my service records (Name/Tel phone. mismatch even thought it's the same). The most I can get out of it is the dealer network and projected service costs.

The app seems to offer quite a bit, hope very few of the features (eg. TPMS) would depend on the variant so all owners can make the most of it.
Old 17th February 2020, 09:45   #5
BHPian

What I would like to know is if this new connected feature is there in the titanium plus AT. Since this variant no longer gets the sync3 system, is the Flyaudio upgraded to support connected features (especially that start/stop stuff).

If Ford did take the effort to upgrade the hardware then why didn't they introduce the Android auto/Apple Carplay along with it. I am not interested in the connected features (except the location tracker and TPMS) but not having Android auto on a car which costs almost 14L is just poor product planning.
Old 18th February 2020, 10:46   #6
BHPian

Do other cars with connected kit features like Seltos get remote start/stop only in the AT models too?
Old 18th February 2020, 14:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Do other cars with connected kit features like Seltos get remote start/stop only in the AT models too?
Yes, since you need an electronic system to get the car in neutral to be able to remotely start. This can't be done with a manual.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 18th February 2020 at 14:56.
Old 18th February 2020, 15:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No. You have to get a TPMS module installed. Without the equipment in the tire, there is no way for any system to tell whats the current tire pressure.
I think there could be (at least) one other way. The vehicle could have built in sensors (quartz crystals suggest themselves) to monitor the suspension load as well as the balance. And a gyroscope to figure out the lay of the land. Some complicated math and theoretically you could have a very close estimate of the tyre pressure.
Of course this is a Rube Goldber-esque, but then we have seen similar ideas which have become the norm today (e.g. Power windows/mirrors, TV remote etc to name a few)
Old 18th February 2020, 15:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Yes, since you need an electronic system to get the car in neutral to be able to remotely start. This can't be done with a manual.
But, won't the car start even if it is 'P' or 'N' on an automatic? On a manual, I can understand since the car can be in gear when parked.
Old 19th February 2020, 08:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
But, won't the car start even if it is 'P' or 'N' on an automatic? On a manual, I can understand since the car can be in gear when parked.

Exactly. In an automatic you can't just leave it in D and walk away so remote start is not an issue.
Old 26th May 2020, 12:56   #11
BHPian

I've been trying to use Ford Pass with my new 2020 Endeavour. Honestly, the app is super buggy. The remote start feature has a mind of it's own. It can work sometimes and at other times it keeps saying - "Failed to Start".

When I tried to make an account at first, it mentioned something went wrong. I tried to re-register, it then said I already have an account with that specific mobile number.

I tried logging in and it won't take the password. Then I tried to use the forgot password option and it says it'll text me a temporary password but it never really does.

I tried 4 different numbers and eventually I was successfully able to register with the 4th number. It was super frustrating to say the least. This might be a cool app but it is so buggy that it ends up annoying you.
Old 26th March 2021, 18:52   #12
BHPian

I am trying to get ford pass activated for my new endeavour. However the app keeps flashing something went wrong message. While the VIN is added the vehicle is not activated.

I have raised the complaint let's see if anything happens.

Any ford owner who has successfully resolved this.
Old 27th July 2021, 17:30   #13

Yes, the app seems to be unreliable. I tried it on my Endeavor (Manufacture May 2021). Only 50% of the attempts to do any of the three operations (unlock / start engine / lock) seem to work. And even when it succeeds in starting the engine, the app still says "Failed to start engine". In this stage, I pressed the start button again. I could see the blinkers on the car blink indicating that it got the message, but the app still said failed to start the engine. In this state, I cannot shutdown the engine unless I open the car and shutdown the engine from the start-stop button.

I like Ford because I trust that this is a brand that validates its products very thoroughly before launching the product for customers. But it seems the team incharge of this app did not inherit that DNA of the company.

Besides, when giving a feature like start engine (which I presume is for the sole purpose of being able to condition the temperature of the cabin before entering), I would have expected temperature setting option in the app also, but that is not there.
hi_on_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 19:56   #14

Hi all,

Wife bought a Ford Freestyle recently. However, we are not able to register on FordPass app. Wanted to check if there is a workaround that we need to be aware of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks