Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 12:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier, Nexon, Altroz BS6 diesel deliveries from April 2020

Thanks to BHPians Nanolover, PrideRed and RavenAvi for sharing this information with other enthusiasts.

According to BHPians' reports, Tata Motors will start delivering BS6 diesel variants of the Harrier, Altroz and the Nexon only from April 2020. The reports suggest that the reason for the delay is due to the lack of BS6 diesel fuel in the market.

The Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 168 BHP and 350 Nm. The Nexon gets a 1.5-litre diesel that makes 108 BHP and 260 Nm while the Altroz gets a 1.5-litre diesel that produces 89 BHP and 200 Nm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A heads up from a source: Billing for the BS6 Harrier will start only from April 2020 onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am hearing few more incidents of Tata not willing to deliver Nexon BS6. Why bother launch so early when you cannot deliver? Hasn't there been enough testing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Main reason for not having diesel might be non availability of BS6 diesel pan India now. Post April only I feel deliveries will actually start for the diesels. Tata might not want to take any chances on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. In case you aren’t aware, the diesel Altroz isn’t available yet (not even to customers).
Tata Harrier, Nexon, Altroz BS6 diesel deliveries from April 2020-bs6-harrier.jpg

Tata Harrier, Nexon, Altroz BS6 diesel deliveries from April 2020-tata-nexon-facelift.jpg

Tata Harrier, Nexon, Altroz BS6 diesel deliveries from April 2020-altroz.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
ChiragM is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 14:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier, Nexon, Altroz BS6 diesel deliveries from April 2020

When rivals like Ford, Honda, Hyundai are delivering BS6 diesel cars what is stopping Tata? If non-availability of BS6 diesel is such a huge concern, then why are the above makers rolling their cars out so soon? If the current grade diesel can damage the engines, then Tata is absolutely correct in delaying, otherwise they are again losing out on an opportunity (read: Harrier).
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 15:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have been following up with TML on twitter regarding test drive and delivery of the Harrier AT. I need to buy before 31st March. Although I have not got any deliver confirmation, what I did get from their SM team in writing is that the harrier AT will be available for test drives in all major cities by 21st feb. Bookings are already open.
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 11:38   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can understand that Tata wants to play it safe with BS6 fuel. That's absolutely fine. But then, why "launch" the BS6 diesels, but not have them available till April? If anything, that's a fake launch. While scouting for the Altroz, I got to know that Altroz diesel deliveries haven't begun at all.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:10   #5
BHPian

My 2 cents on the reasons I could see for launching BS6 diesel:

1. Keep the interest alive for customers who are in process of buying the vehicles, in the respective categories. e.g. by 'launching' BS6 Harrier with additional features and Auto, some customers may defer their decision to go to Seltos, Hector etc.
2. Give heads up to the fence sitters a clear idea of whats coming post April i.e. higher cost. So such customers may close the deal for BS4 models (esp. Nexon and Harrier) with heavy discounted price thus clearing the BS4 stock. I mean if one has decided on Harrier Manual then he/she will be happy to go for BS4 Harrier rather than taking the same BS6 vehicle at higher price.

However I agree that its frustrating for anyone looking for Diesel Altroz or BS6 Harrier (especially Auto) to wait further without clarity on the availability and delivery of vehicles.

Other point which concerns me - What if BS6 fuel roll out is delayed? In my opinion such transitions are very dynamic and influenced by multiple factors and a big bang approach is always prone to delays. Will TML delay the deliveries further?
varman742 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 13:11   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Whats potentially also worse is - by the time the car actually becomes available (if at all in April) - there might be a looming price hike on the cards! So fake-launch a car at an X price & then start real deliveries only with a higher price perhaps?

Altroz
It will be roughly 3 months since launch by then. Thats generally when Tata tends to do their first "silent update" and plug out features from new cars. I'm joking a bit here of course, but I wonder whether the first diesel Altroz owners will get all the features that we see on a showroom petrol car right now.

I'm infact now wondering if the Altroz diesel that was made available for the media drive, was BSVI compliant at all? Or they were being naughty and simply handed over cars with de-tuned BSIV Nexon engines? Who was going to check if that car was BSVI compliant anyway considering it ran TC registrations?

Nexon
The Venue & EcoSport diesel both are significantly undercutting the Nexon face-lift diesel. higher price and non-availability is going to hurt this car significantly & give a huge head-start to the ES and Venue (Not that they needed one!). If Tata thinks thats not a big deal - its going to be a painful suicide.

Harrier
Also Ran!

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th February 2020 at 13:17.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 13:53   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
--

Altroz
It will be roughly 3 months since launch by then. --
And by that time Hyundai will launch the NEW i20
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:19   #8
BHPian

When I checked last with them few weeks back regarding the test drive of Nexon and Altroz diesel. None of them were available at the dealerships.
Basically they kept everyone hooked up with the so called BS6 diesel launch, but in reality there were no diesel cars even for the dealership.
Must say, Tata is touching new Low in terms of handling and executing product launches.
Old 19th February 2020, 15:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Least that Tata could have done is mention during launch that Diesel will be available only post April. Current scenario puts a prospective customer in fix- One who was eagerly waiting to buy Nexon goes to showroom to book one only to realize car is not available. Very high chances that he will pick something else!
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks