Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2020, 17:27   #31
BHPian

re: Ford Freestyle Flair spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs 7.69 lakh

A missed opportunity!
30K extra for a blackened roof and some weird shades which will polarize people. No Sync 3, no projectors, no DRLs. This is pathetic.
SansGT is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Ford Freestyle Flair Edition launched at Rs 7.69 lakh ..
Why are they trying to pull an MSIL "RS" move? Ford used to make special editions with worthy mechanical upgrades. Ford needs to realize that they just cannot beat MSIL at their own game.
anoopGTkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
A missed opportunity!
30K extra for a blackened roof and some weird shades which will polarize people. No Sync 3, no projectors, no DRLs.
And no Automatic Transmission. A missed opportunity indeed!
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
And no Automatic Transmission. A missed opportunity indeed!
Well that was expected. Figo is getting the AT this month and Ford said - their surveys have indicated that people prefer an automatic on a hatchback and manual on a CUV (don't know how true this is. May be an effort to hide a bad decision. Honestly, the reason is not at all convincing).
Anyway, one good thing is that they are bringing a proper AT with a good 1.2L engine.
Old 13th August 2020, 05:12   #35
MMV
BHPian

These product life extension variants are denting the brand image and is not developed focussing on customer sentiments. Efforts like this, 2nd variant on Figo base is also ( or rather mainly) done to honour commitment made to supply chain participants on minimum order offtake, esp after failure of new Figo and Aspire few years ago. Not sure why MNCs resort to such half hearted measures which is most likely going to hurt them from customer satisfaction view point.
Old 13th August 2020, 08:03   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Freestyle Flair spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs 7.69 lakh

This launch also shows just how Covid-19 has affected the auto industry's usually well-oiled machinery. The Flair was spotted at a dealer back in February, and it finally got launched in mid-August! This, for a mere stickered variant. Now imagine what Covid-19 has done to full-fledged all-new car launches.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 10:35   #37
BHPian

I own a 2019 Freestyle, and I am shocked to see this Flair edition.

The FS has a style and color palette that does not support sporty stickering!! the red highlights only fit the white model; it definitely looks atrocious on the grey variant!
When I bought the FS, the dealer were already offering seat covers as freebie (but not on the T+ as it is not supposed to have seat covers). Thus a red and black seat cover was available to a buyer free of cost and no one would be willing to pay extra bucks for that!!

What irks me is that Ford is playing a silly game on a product that was just about gaining some word of mouth reputation. Presently, the main grouse regarding FS is removal of Sync-3. Many of the new buyers exploring the product feel cheated out as we old buyers have the Sync3. Ford could have atleast offered Sync-3 for the extra money!! if nothing else, atleast offer a system that supports Android Auto and Apple Car play in this era!

Another issue is while Figo was offered in a 1.5 Ltr petrol variant, they never offered that to FS even though the cross over with off-roading aspirations perhaps needed those extra grunts more!

Instead of genuine add-ons that would raise the value of the product, Ford chose to make a joke of the product.
amitayu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 15:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Ford could have atleast offered Sync-3 for the extra money!! if nothing else, atleast offer a system that supports Android Auto and Apple Car play in this era!
Exactly. One can live with the boring interiors and probably a 3-star ncap (as safety may be debatable) but paying a premium and not even getting useful functionality as an option is disappointing. Whats the use of touch screen without carplay?
Old 13th August 2020, 15:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Whats the use of touch screen without carplay?
Reverse Camera.

I share everyone's gripe about no useful features for that significant increase in price. However I like the fact that they have introduced leather wrapped steering wheel in FS, which is only present in Figo Titanium Blu variant, among Figo & FS. But a ₹30,000 increase in Ex-Showroom for that poor stickering (I think we may get used to it with time), seat covers, leather wrapped steering wheel is shocking to say the least. Makes me sad for Ford.

Neo
Old 13th August 2020, 16:05   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Serious lame update.

First they omitted the sync3 on Figo hoping people would stretch till Freestyle for it. Now by removing it from Freestyle as well, are they hoping people looking at Figo stretch all the way to Ecosport? Good luck!

If anyone is aware of the inner "trade" secret how this came to be, please enlighten the group. I would be really interested in understanding the rationale.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 02:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Reverse Camera.
Agree. But what I meant was when paying a premium you expect something functional however minute it may be. Price increase for visuals alone is disappointing.
Old 14th August 2020, 11:50   #42
BHPian

Just want to know from folks on the forum, why is Ford not including Sync 3 in their products / variants? In Ecosport & Freestyle for example - they were including Sync 3 from Titanium variant and upwards at time of launch; but now it is only available in Ecosport - S model. Is there a reason for it's omission or it is just callousness on behalf of Ford?
Old 14th August 2020, 12:29   #43

Such upgrades from Ford doesn’t inspire enthusiast buyers; rather it may be turn-off some someone like me who are considering the Freestyle as a next potential ride. What would have been more appealing is something like an armrest, projector lamps, DRLs and even if possible 16” alloy. Those fancy red decals and coloring gimmicks could better add in accessory list for the car.
Madywheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 17:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madywheel View Post
What would have been more appealing is something like an armrest, projector lamps, DRLs and even if possible 16” alloy.
Rightly said. An armrest or projector lamp is very much a functional need and even on an expensive note, one may prefer to pay for factory-fitted stuff for those than these outside stickers.
Quinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 20:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

I think its been nearly 2 years since Ford launched the Freestyle in India and I really doubt it any of the common folks can recall the name! They should have probably called it the Figo Cross or something like that and it would have probably had a better connect with the consumers. The i20 has a Cross version and the recall is not bad at all. But trying to push a completely new name has not paid dividends for Ford. Figo is a credible brand and they should have simply banked on that.

I remember enquiring about the Freestyle for my wife in 2018, most dealers in Bangalore did not have stocks, or they had only the top end variant and things like that. Just seemed a bit half hearted attempt by Ford, you launch a car, want it to be recognised as an all new model, but just do not do enough in terms of differentiating the car. The sad part would be Ford freestyle owners trying to explain their car to their friends, or when folks try to sell their car, they may really have to go to lengths to explain how this is different from the Figo!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks