Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2020, 14:46   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BS6 Honda WR-V facelift. Edit: Launched at 8.08 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi,
can anyone please share what were the BS4 prices? The price increase will give me some hint for what price increase to expect for the upcoming Jazz.
Petrols:

S MT Edge = 8.08L
S MT = 8.15L
VX MT = 9.25L
VX MT Exclusive = 9.35L

Diesels:

S MT Edge = 9.16L
S MT = 9.25L
V MT = 9.95L
VX MT = 10.35L
VX MT Exclusive = 10.48L

Comparing the VX variants, that would be around 45,000 increase for the petrol & 64,000 increase for the diesel.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 14:53   #47
BHPian

Why couldn't they add rain sensing wipers + auto headlamps or atleast any one of the two? I don't know if the wrv already has it, if it has, pardon.

Overall, I do like this car. Interior space is unrivalled in the segment ( I am not considering this as a c-suv, rather an updated jazz, so my point is valid ), engine options are not lame ( petrol is refined and decent, while diesel is reasonably powerful although a bit unrefined ). I hope the facelift brings in more sales for this car.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:01   #48
BHPian

Well Honda should have ditched 1.2 petrol all together, brought the much needed 1.5 vtec and priced the car 1 lac higher in both both sv and vx. There are many reasons for this :
1) 1.2 is neither powerful nor fuel efficent enough due to the higher kerb weight for a 1200 cc na engine.
2) Brezza and Ecosport both come in petrol engine displacement >1200 cc and have proved to be successful despite higher taxes and therefore higher price.
3)1.5 vtec is a gem of a engine, it would have been a combination providing both vitara's fuel efficiency and better performance than ecosport due to lower kerb weight. In a sea of turbocharged petrol this silky 4 cylinder na petrol would have held its own even in both manual and cvt with respectable 0-100 figures.
4)With the prices of diesel first time higher than petrol, even with a price difference of 30k between petrol and diesel models, majority would have gone for petrol with a good performance rather than a tame petrol even if priced higher.
Stranger17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:26   #49
BHPian

I wish they had released the Petrol CVT option and I would have headed out straight for the booking form. Too bad, I am guessing Honda is worried that it will eat into the sales of Jazz however Maruti has successfully proved that having many overlapping models in each segment only means more sales overall.
Now let me wait for the Jazz CVT.
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 16:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
Honda missed a brilliant opportunity here. they should have launched Diesel CVT combo with BS6 model.

It would have been a sure hit. There is no proper Diesel Automatic Compact SUV available right now other than XUV300 AMT.
Have to agree with the first point. I would have been the potential buyer.

There is Tata Nexon Diesel AMT as well apart from XUV300.
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:32   #51
BHPian

The engines are just not enough to pull crowds to Honda showrooms.

The 1.5 lit iDTec is no way the class leader. Almost every other manufacturer has a better diesel motor.

The 1.2 lit iVTec doesn't belong in a car retailing for a million rupees. The engine was underpowered with poor driveability a decade ago, more so today.

I don't see Honda as a brand I aspire to own anymore.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:25   #52
BHPian

Looking at the features list of the base variant, I see Honda has done a great job here. So many features available on base variant.

• Alloy wheels
  • 7" Touch Screen
  • Steering Mounted Controls
  • Auto AC
  • Power Adjustable ORVMs
  • Tilt and Telescopic Steering

Having said that, I would go for Skoda Rapid Rider variant if I want petrol vehicle. More VFM than WRV.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

First Drive review

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 23:21   #54
BHPian

The on road price in Mumbai for the top Diesel variant is around 13.4 lakhs. I just think its too high for a car which is just a bloated hatch masquerading as a C-SUV. There is nothing unique or really desirable about it IMO. And the difference over the petrol is nearly 2 lakhs !!!!

I would much rather look at the Altroz Diesel top end which is a good 2.5 lakhs cheaper And lacks nothing except the sunroof and some GC.

Last edited by JayKavadi : 2nd July 2020 at 23:22. Reason: Added text
JayKavadi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:05   #55
BHPian

Always wondering what went wrong with Honda these days. IMHO, they should carry do a lot of homework before coming out with such boring products. To me, this looks more like an aftermarket upgrade than a facelift.

I was expecting an automatic WR-V and 1.5L petrol at least this time, but a big NO from Honda. A Diesel CVT in the BS6 guise would have attracted a lot of buyers. Having extensively driven my uncle's WR-V diesel, I always wondered why it couldn't sell in large numbers, as it's very capable, well refined, absolute VFM offering with acres of space and it's way better than the crappy Vitara Brezza. Even a good product fails if it's not offered according to requirements.

Bounce back soon HONDA!
mr_freakky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:36   #56

Looks like they've at least got feature parity between the Petrol and Diesel top ends. No missing Ignition button this time! Why they still refuse to put a 1.5L Petrol and provide Automatic Gearboxes to both Petrol and Diesels is beyond me.
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:47   #57
Team-BHP Support

Yet another W-RV update with the most important update missing. Honda is just think headed and it doesn't go through that they need a 1.5L i-VTEC with CVT to improve sales of the W-RV.

What's worse is they know the Jazz is dying and the new City is bigger and will move up leaving a good gap for a sub 4m crossover to move up to. Now it won't cannibalize their pampered child the City.

I would really like to understand the thinking of not getting the 1.5L i-VTEC CVT which is being made and exported in the same plant.

Hyundai now have a 1.0L Turbo DCT. Ford have a 1.5L 6AT, Maruti has bitten the bullet and got a 1.5L 4AT. Toyota will get a similar Brezza with 1.5L 4AT.

Honda is just sitting around watching another competent car in their line up getting killed cause of their own stupidity.
Vid6639 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 03:37   #58
BHPian

Being a 1.5VTEC BRV owner, it pains me what Honda is doing to the WRV.

1. Where in the world is the 1.5VTEC?
2. Where in the world is the diesel CVT ?

The petrol is DOA.

Simply put the diesel CVT combination would have been a runaway success, people would have stopped buying AMT's.
The diesel CVT would have given sleepless nights to car's even a segment above! Such a huge huge mistake by Honda. I don't know what the exec's at Honda are thinking anymore.

The only positive here is the base diesel, that does seem to be VFM.
John316_WRC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 23:01   #59
BHPian

Apart from brilliant space management, I can’t find a single reason to buy the WRV. The competition has auto box, more powerful engines , better safety ratings and are dynamically better to drive. At least they could have launched the Amaze diesel + CVT combo.

Again It’s Honda being lethargic and losing relevance.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 19:40   #60
BHPian

I agree with the statement that the 1.2 petrol engine has no place in the WRV.

The only reason i can think of it being there is for the PR, It brings down the starting price on the car (Yes, i feel it is more car than sub 4mtr SUV). More people will consider the WRV after looking at its starting price (Honda knows that the base price is just an appetiser for getting customers to walk into that showroom, most will then pick out a higher trim).

HOWEVER, on the 1.2 petrol, i do have a few points to make.

My daily driver for the last 4yrs has been a Jazz, with the much criticised (well deserved) 1.2ltr engine. I wholeheartedly agree with the opinion that it lacks power, especially in the initial part of the rev range (from 0 - 20kph) and then felt at speeds over 100kph (couple of highway frustrating highway runs)
However (there do seem to be too many 'howevers' in this post ) i've found the engine to be very responsive and capable at speeds between 40-90kph, to which when the feeling of stability of the Jazz is added makes it quite good to drive.

Disclaimer - I do realize the WRV with more weight and bigger tires maybe worse.

Maybe Honda could put the City's engine into the WRV?
AnAvgJoe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks