Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 13:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti True Value starts "Cars24-like" car buying service

Maruti Suzuki True Value has now started a Cars24-like car buying service, where customers are not required to buy a new Maruti car in exchange of their old car.

Maruti True Value starts "Cars24-like" car buying service-maruti-suzuki-true-value.jpg

Maruti Suzuki True Value has more than 570 outlets in 280 cities. The company also offers its services online and is said to get 80 lakh visitors on its website. Customers can get their cars evaluated online, following which a price offer is made based on an AI-based pricing engine.

True Value certified pre-owned cars undergo a 376 point check. The cars are offered with 1-year warranty and 3 free services.

The company claims to have sold over 4 lakh cars in FY 2019-20, recording sales growth of 3.7%.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th March 2020 at 13:48.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 16:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti True Value starts "Cars24-like" car buying service

True Value valuations are always too low.

My personal experience with Cars24 had been far better than the truevalue. My SX4 ZXi was valued abysmally at TrueValue. Cars24 had offered almost 20% higher valuation. However, I managed to find a buyer directly who offered higher valuation that Cars24.

Providing platform where there is an ease of knowing max value prior walking in for exchange is one thing and offering sensible price is another.

I always see unsuspecting customers falling for exchange offer through TrueValue however people with some pulse about market would find better deals outside.

Hope True Value upgrades desk based valuation to an online platform but then also correct their pricing algorithms better.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 17:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
True Value valuations are always too low.

My personal experience with Cars24 had been far better than the truevalue. My SX4 ZXi was valued abysmally at TrueValue.
Totally agree. They (Maruti true value) quote very low figures for their own cars (MSIL), compared to any external agency. They will not be able to match the car valuation as per Cars 24.
smileline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 09:35   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This was an innovative business model & one that clearly makes a lot of money. After Cars24, a lot of others also joined the sector (including big daddy OLX). TrueValue will have to make their rates competitive, due to alternate choices. It'll do well due to their sheer size & reach, as well as the Maruti brand name.
Old 16th March 2020, 10:41   #5
BHPian

True Value offers ridiculously low prices. For my Scross, they offered 5.5 L whereas I got 7 lacs from Cars24. I found the entire process with Cars24 very transparent and all payments were received on time. Even loan closure was handled very efficiently. RC was transferred in 3 months of sale.
Old 17th March 2020, 09:49   #6
BHPian

Tried their website.

It keeps saying my registration number is not correct without offering any suggestion on what format should be.

No email to send a complaint.

No response to Twitter DM.

Attached Thumbnails
Maruti True Value starts "Cars24-like" car buying service-stupid-true-value.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks