Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 15:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine

Thanks to Manivannan Palanisamy for sending information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The Hyundai Venue is now available with a new BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine. It replaces the old 1.4-litre diesel unit.

Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine-venue-dual-tone.jpg

The new 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine produces 99 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 240 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. In comparison, the old 1.4-litre engine produced 89 BHP and 220 Nm of peak torque.

The Venue is also available with a 998cc turbocharged petrol engine, which makes 118 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm @ 2,500-4,000 rpm and comes paired with a 6-speed manual or 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission as well as a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 115 Nm @ 4,000 rpm and paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine-venue.jpg
TusharK is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine

No price increase or they are yet to announce the new price?
Old 19th March 2020, 15:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India updated the pricelist of Venue with new 1.5L Diesel BS6.
Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine-smartselect_20200319152828_chrome.jpg

Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine-smartselect_20200319152942_chrome.jpg
Hyundai India messed up with the performance numbers and pricing on their official site

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th March 2020 at 16:01.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai India updated the pricelist of Venue with new 1.5L Diesel BS6.

Attachment 1981518
Why are the figures in the image and the text below it different?
The image says 100 PS and 24.5kgm while the text says 90PS and 22.4kgm.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:46   #5
BANNED

Here's a comparison with its competitors.

Source :Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine-smartselect_20200302190600_chrome.jpg  

turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Why are the figures in the image and the text below it different?
The image says 100 PS and 24.5kgm while the text says 90PS and 22.4kgm.
The text is probably wrong. The more detailed spec sheet shared earlier mentions 100 PS.

Surprising this is, they have not launched an AT - they could have mated the 6 Speed AT from the Seltos/Creta to this car and made available a Diesel Auto S variant at 9.99 lakhs - that would have been a compelling proposition.

The Diesel should be a cracker to drive - with these kind of power/torque figures on a small and light vehicle. I expect it will easily best the 10 second mark for 0-100 acceleration.
84.monsoon is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 16:22   #7
BHPian

Wow, this has actually made it a much better package now, i already love its looks and compact package, i was aware of 10 HP increase but the substantial 2.5 kgm of torque increase is a welcome change.

This will be my pick over the fantastic turbo petrol engine, refinement will be a non issue and this would have lesser idle vibrations, performance should be very close with diesel feeling even more punchy in the mid range and offering more practical performance which we can use everyday, combine that with substantially better fuel economy, similar price as the turbo petrol (if they don't make big changes) make this an unbeatable package, if only Delhi takes back its silly 10 year Diesel rule, these modern engines are built to BS6 standards set by government themselves, they anyways charged me for 15 years road tax in Creta and City and are still charging a big sum as road tax(not sure if it still says 15 years on the RC) but allowing them to run for 10 years only, how is this not fraud?

I currently drive the Creta 1.6 Diesel and i expect this to be atleast 90-95% as fast as that now considering increased power and lesser weight vis a vis Creta, fantastic time to buy in this segment, such fierce competition and so many competent products, god bless competition.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 19th March 2020 at 16:33.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 17:27   #8
BHPian

I recently received below pricing list for Hyundai Venue with BS6 engines. It has all the 3 BS6 compliant engines.
Courtesy: Hans Hyundai, New Delhi.
Surprisingly, I found some descrepencies with their Road Tax amount and HSRP amount. As per MoRTH, the notification mandates that HSRP, including the third registration mark, shall be supplied by the vehicle manufacturers along with vehicles manufactured on or after April 1 2019 and the pricing of the same should be included in Ex-showroom price of the car.
Am I missing some information? Can anyone explain me extra charges by major car manufacturers. Thanks.
Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine-img20200319wa0006.jpg
IshWish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 17:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Their diesels are smooth like any petrols. Venue is surely having an upper hand against the rivals. Brezza is surely going to feel the heat now with no equipment, no diesel, no safety package. XUV, Nexon & Venue will mostly rule the market.
gururajrv is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 18:57   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I currently drive the Creta 1.6 Diesel and i expect this to be atleast 90-95% as fast as that now considering increased power and lesser weight vis a vis Creta, fantastic time to buy in this segment, such fierce competition and so many competent products, god bless competition.

I wouldnt really be that confident.
While on paper this is certainly an upgrade over the 1. diesel, the 1.6 Creta is a beast.

The new 1.5 Seltos/Creta with 115 BHP cant even hold a candle to the 140 BHP Creta, there's fat chance that this de-tuned 1.5 with 100 BHP will.

Remap this to the original 115 (requires swapping the FGT for a VGT), and then things might get, ahem, interesting.
turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 19:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Their diesels are smooth like any petrols. Venue is surely having an upper hand against the rivals. Brezza is surely going to feel the heat now with no equipment, no diesel, no safety package. XUV, Nexon & Venue will mostly rule the market.
Yes, Hyundai Diesel's are very refined, I have i20 and will vouch for that, but Venue having upper hand I'll disagree with that.

Why? Because the segment itself is very competitive with each car having it's own strengths. Where the Venue does well is in features and interior quality, but wait, Ecosport/Nexon/XUV3OO/Brezza are not bad either to give Venue the advantage, Brezza's interiors are slightly inferior but others cars are right up there, same thing with features as well, Brezza has almost everything Venue has, except some like connected car tech, Sunroof to name few, but that's it. Yes it doesn't get turbo Petrol, I am sure Maruti will introduce it sometime in near future, but lack of Diesel engine is hurting them and again it's temporary, once that superb 1.5 DDiS or Fiat's 1.6 Diesel is made BS6 ready, it'll give Brezza the advantage.

Now coming to other part, yes the Brezza doesn't have safety features like Venue, but it's already 4star rated, while the Venue hasn't even been tested. While other 3 have done very well.

Coming to the most important part, no matter how good the cabin of Venue is, It's no where close to Brezza or Nexon or even XUV3OO in terms of Comfort, Space. Doesn't that matter in car where you spend most of time, may I ask this, isn't our body more important than anything else, so comfort takes priority here and Hyundai's have never been ahead in this department. My i20 rear seats are not spacious while many claim them to be, in reality after experiencing Baleno and Jazz, the i20 just feels terrible, when I bought my i20, except Swift, punto, polo, pulse, micra there were no other cars available, this was fresh of the oven at that time, I use my i20 very less though for same reason.

So, Venue loses out to competition here too. Whichever way you look at it, the Nexon, XUV3OO, Brezza are much more rounded and superior to Venue in each and every way. I am sure the Venue will face the heat once Maruti launches that fantastic Diesel engine sometime later this year.

No offense to Venue owners, but it just doesn't wow me in any way to put my money on especially when I have 2 home grown but very good compact SUVs in market that offer much more.

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th March 2020 at 11:57. Reason: Typo
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 21:08   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see Hyundai upping the game but icing on cake would have been a Diesel AT! I know it would be in Creta territory but a CSUV with all bells and whistles with a Diesel Automatic would be something to dream about. I don't know if people at Hyundai are listening or not but I hope Kia should listen.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 21:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Good to see Hyundai upping the game but icing on cake would have been a Diesel AT! I know it would be in Creta territory but a CSUV with all bells and whistles with a Diesel Automatic would be something to dream about. I don't know if people at Hyundai are listening or not but I hope Kia should listen.
They are doing a Honda here. Just as Honda refuses to provide AT box in WRV to protect its City, Hyundai is not providing AT in diesel Venue to protect Creta diesel ATs. I see no other rationale behind this move. They are all getting too greedy. Right now, there is no diesel SUV AT under Creta/Seltos. All other SUVs like Duster, Nexon, XUV300 are AMTs. And these three manufacturers continue to fail to see market potential if they provide proper AT to their cars.
Old 19th March 2020, 23:39   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
I recently received below pricing list for Hyundai Venue with BS6 engines. It has all the 3 BS6 compliant engines.
Courtesy: Hans Hyundai, New Delhi.
Surprisingly, I found some descrepencies with their Road Tax amount and HSRP amount. As per MoRTH, the notification mandates that HSRP, including the third registration mark, shall be supplied by the vehicle manufacturers along with vehicles manufactured on or after April 1 2019 and the pricing of the same should be included in Ex-showroom price of the car.
Am I missing some information? Can anyone explain me extra charges by major car manufacturers. Thanks.
Attachment 1981544
Ask your SA what's included in the essentials-kit and if it's mandatory to get one?

What's included in that 3M package? I think it's better to get it done outside.

They are still charging the handling charges?

Last edited by wheelguy : 19th March 2020 at 23:41.
Old 19th March 2020, 23:51   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
They are still charging the handling charges?
Yes sadly, one needs to be a lot more vocal and firm during finalising the deal to get rid of all these "extra items + handling charges".

Some dealers are so adamant they will let the deal go sour if asked to drop the handling charges.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks