Team-BHP - The renault logan MCV/MPV-Who is most likely to buy one?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The renault logan MCV/MPV-Who is most likely to buy one? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22099-renault-logan-mcv-mpv-who-most-likely-buy-one.html)

There are clear indications that the renault Logan MPV/MCV would also be launched in India,I am not sure about what the pricing would be but feel base price[exshowroom price] would be somewhere in the 6-6.5 lakh region atleast.Very much close to tavera/sumo region.

Now the question is would families buy a seven seater car in India or is it going to be more of a taxi or the vehicle will not do well at all.Do you see it competing against the taveras,sumos and innova even.

More Pics:
Dacia Logan MCV - Is it an estate, or an MPV? - Softpedia

This version of the Logan is no no at this time. Perhaps they will release it after testing the waters. This is a very new segment in the Indian car market.

I feel that the main buyers would be large families and tour operators and of course corporates.

The Versa buyers would lol:

I think this will be a flop. I wont be as sturdy or as roomy as say a Tavera or a Sumo meaning no taxi market. Even the estates are looked down in india, a MPV car would certainly be.
Innova is miles ahead of any UV in the market... leave it out of this atleast.

don't expect this before 2 years after the launch of sedan

The styling is a bit too controversial for Indian tastes especially the boxy rear end and the two-door tailgate makes it look like a commercial vehicle (goods carrier).

Quote:

Originally Posted by salilpawar1 (Post 387942)
The styling is a bit too controversial for Indian tastes especially the boxy rear end and the two-door tailgate makes it look like a commercial vehicle (goods carrier).

Gash! this one looks like a Coffin carrier. What are they thinking....???

I think Dacia will be very bullish with the 3 box to begin with. But a few years down the line? Who knows? BTW, is it me or the rear looks like the Renault Kangoo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 387998)
I think Dacia will be very bullish with the 3 box to begin with. But a few years down the line? Who knows? BTW, is it me or the rear looks like the Renault Kangoo?

That is because numerous parts from Renault are used in the Dacias!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos (Post 388019)
That is because numerous parts from Renault are used in the Dacias!

Ah! Oversight!stupid:
God! Badge engineering is so confusing:p

Make it in black and its a ready-made hearse. If Renault have done their Indian homework as claimed, they shouldnt be releasing this until far after the sedan. And with a pinch of salt.

I think it is a fantastic car, but look what happened to the sienna weekend, baleno altura & the Indigo Marina. This can easily go that way. Indians do not like estates.

oh...the baleno altura is sweeet. its crazy sometimes how cars that have everything spot on do not sell well. i just don't understand it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_rider (Post 388104)
oh...the baleno altura is sweeet. its crazy sometimes how cars that have everything spot on do not sell well. i just don't understand it.

Pal, if u did, GM would have employed you for sure. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 388072)
I think it is a fantastic car, but look what happened to the sienna weekend, baleno altura & the Indigo Marina. This can easily go that way. Indians do not like estates.

Add to the list, Tata estate, Fiat Adventure, skoda estate etc. There is no market for estates in India. But the Logan would create a new segment with the MPV subject to their sedan being welcomed by buyers