Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 20:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
People spending 20 lakhs on a car should visit the showroom and feel the product instead of comparing the spec sheet.
Whoa! What's with the tone? While I don't feel any reason to prove myself to you, I have visited both showrooms couple of times.

Quote:
Harrier now offers a sunroof as well, so the only trump card of this Hector is now neutralised.
IMO Hector still offers much more compared to Harrier. More than that, I was more disappointed with the inconsistent material quality in the Harrier. More space, features and much better NVH levels in the Hector further fuelled it's appeal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I think the voice controlled large connected Infotainment system was and still is a bigger usp for most customers than the sunroof. The powered tailgate, well laid out engine bay with ample insulation,360 camera, etc are just other addition to lure customers.

Small bits like a flat floor board, center headrest for rear passenger, reclinable seats, mood lights, all wheel discs, a TPMS, powered passenger seat etc. further fuels its cause.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th April 2020 at 21:28. Reason: Mod note attached.
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 21:50   #17
BHPian

Re: BS6 diesel MG Hector prices announced; price premium of 40 - 45k

Good decision by MG especially considering the expected market situation after the pandemic.

As for the price difference between Hector and Harrier, I honestly think it is justified considering two points:

1. Harrier's platform was developed from scratch whereas Hector's was already established in Baojun 530 in China. Those R&D costs would definitely need to be amortized over the life of Harrier or any other vehicle for that matter.

2. Build quality. The Omega Arc platform has given 5 star rated cars and Harrier won't be an exception when we get it's rating. I'm not saying Hector's is bad though.
Old 9th April 2020, 21:59   #18
BHPian

Honest question. How are these companies releasing new models during lockdown ? Do they have people working on stuff even now ? Or are these just marketing releases and the product was already done ?
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 23:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post

1. Harrier's platform was developed from scratch.

Is it though? Aren't they literally claiming it to be the same platform as the old Disco Sport minus the Independent rear suspension and some other tidbits to save on costs?

They even have the AWD system's transmission tunnel splitting the floor and the third row seat mounting holes from the Disco in the Harrier.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 01:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
FCA continues the good work of driving more nails into its own coffin.
After all only one coffin to nail !
See how they're killing such a great product. Have they already made up the mind to pack the bags.
Old 10th April 2020, 07:45   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
People spending 20 lakhs on a car should visit the showroom and feel the product instead of comparing the spec sheet. Harrier now offers a sunroof as well, so the only trump card of this Hector is now neutralised.
Let's not just diss off a product without any grounds. The Hector has a lot of advantages = amazing space & comfort due to the soft suspension, sorted quality + fit + finish, very light & easy to drive, lots of bling (some people love that), equipment & tech (panoramic sunroof, tablet ICE, e-SIM connected features), an AT Petrol (for which there is still a market) and so on.

Due to its sloppy handling, I'd never buy the Hector. But, even as an enthusiast, I have to admit that I enjoyed cruising on a 400 km road-trip with my family in the Hector. Not everyone wants corner carvers (the Seltos is perhaps the best handler among crossovers) - many in the market would prefer a well-equipped living room on wheels.

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2020 at 07:54.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 07:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Is it though? Aren't they literally claiming it to be the same platform as the old Disco Sport minus the Independent rear suspension and some other tidbits to save on costs?
True that. But what I meant to say was that it was still more work than Copy+Paste by MG.

Last edited by ampere : 10th April 2020 at 15:44.
Old 10th April 2020, 12:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
That's indeed very good pricing by MG.
If I am not wrong, the petrol BS6 Hector now gets a motion sensor in the boot, to open it automatically. Does the BS6 diesel Hector get it too?
Not exactly a motion sensor. If you have your key in your pocket and you stand near the boot for a few seconds, it opens automatically. Pretty hand if you're carrying luggage etc in both your hands. I've heard it's a feature on the BS6 version. Have not tried it on my BS4 diesel yet.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 18:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Not exactly a motion sensor. If you have your key in your pocket and you stand near the boot for a few seconds, it opens automatically. Pretty hand if you're carrying luggage etc in both your hands. I've heard it's a feature on the BS6 version. Have not tried it on my BS4 diesel yet.
Only the BS6 models have it, I think. In the below video the reviewer says only the BS6 models will have the feature. (Skip to 12.20 in the video).

Old 12th April 2020, 10:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Only the BS6 models have it, I think. In the below video the reviewer says only the BS6 models will have the feature
It's not something that requires a hardware change. So technically, it can be programmed to work on the BS4 version as well. I'll probably ask about it during the next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Honest question. How are these companies releasing new models during lockdown ? Do they have people working on stuff even now ? Or are these just marketing releases and the product was already done ?
Most of the companies are making their employees work from home. For eg, Maruti is working on the marketing communication for the S Cross Petrol. Hyundai is still getting ready for an ad blitzkrieg for the upcoming Verna. And Honda is readying the content for the new City.

I'm sure all these products will see ad placements right after the lockdown is lifted.

Last edited by coolkurt : 12th April 2020 at 10:19.
Old 14th April 2020, 21:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

MG Hector BS6 will see another price increase:

BS6 diesel MG Hector prices announced; price premium of 40 - 45k-screenshot_20200414214707__01.jpg

Source: Twitter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks