Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2020, 15:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Used Car prices after Covid-19 subsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranton View Post
People will be skeptical to use train and buses.
I agree with you, not only cars, I feel more and more people might start using own vehicles, college student's parents might not want kids to go via trains, buses might get them seconds bike, people who were riding might start driving and so one. Overall entry level cars and bikes might still retain the value. People might also want to save money after this Covid nightmare for future, so God save high end luxury seconds market and also luxury new market.
CarBot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 20:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Car prices after Covid-19 subsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranton View Post
I have a feeling that hatch back market is going to bounce back, both used and new. People will be skeptical to use train and buses. Those who have two wheelers might upgrade to a used hatch to do the journey. Those who already have 4-6 year old cars might buy new car because of increase in usage.
At a time when people are uncertain about their employment status, I don't think spending on a car will be on top of their priority no matter what the risk.

Also Indians of previous gen always had the habit of saving and warned our gen to save during a rainy day. Well that rainy day is now !

People who were travelling by trains and buses will continue with the same mode of transport. Some of them who want to upgrade from that will buy scooters or commuter bikes and that's it.

So Yes, I strongly believe the used car market will tank as most dealers will try to clear their stocks by selling at least at the price they bought to liquidate themselves as soon as the lock down ends.

Luxury cars , super bikes all prices will most certainly fall drastically. Question is who all will be brave(or stupid) enough to drop their cash savings (which is actually worth Gold now) for these high ticket depreciating items.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 23rd April 2020 at 21:09.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks