Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 12:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

If they overcharge and still if the work is not satisfactory, I just write in to maruti stating the centers name and the shabby workmanship done. They promptly attend to it and also ensures that the work is done nicely and for free!
Old 13th October 2008, 15:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabnavis View Post
Took the car for servicing, got it back after two days because of the weekend, and when i was finally driving out the car stalled, so i went back to the garage and they took the car apart to only tell me that the fuel had exhausted completely, i had to wait for 4 hours before they could glue the car back together and to top it all i was charged Rs 400 for breakdown assistance.

They use the fuel in the car, do not calliberate the gauge properly and charge me on top man it really is not a fair and consumer friendly world.
That is preposterous! If its an authorised station, you should certainly make a complaint and a lot of fuss! Also, please consider giving the name of the garage here, so other members can be cautioned of such dirty business.

When Millenium takes my car, they make a mark on a fuel gauge diagram on the job card. So you can at least make an approximation of how much petrol they have used.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

These are horror stories of ASCs and I had been a victim of one log time back. It is a long story. To cut it short, I found a very good FNG pretty soon and have been going to him ever since, throwing out the warranty issues out of the window. Never cared for them really.

As the owner of my vehicle, I need to be present next to my vehicle to see what goes in and what comes out and supported with a reasonable, convincing explanation. Also I would like to decide which brand of product to use or not. ASCs don't allow this and I don't patronise them.
Old 15th October 2008, 08:13   #64
BHPian

One more way dealers cheat is AC servicing. unlessuntil there is a AC gas leak the dealer has to add AC gas. But if there is any problem with the blower motor or clogging of air passage , there is no need to add AC gas. The AC gas can be recovered and then used again. But for any reason , dealers charge for AC gas even of it is not added. MOdels like sumo/Tavera/Innova may have options of single and double AC. Dealers take customer so granted that they charge of double AC even if the vehicle has only single AC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks