Team-BHP - Pics :Volvo to launch its S80 sedan and XC90 SUV in India around September this year.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pics :Volvo to launch its S80 sedan and XC90 SUV in India around September this year. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22343-pics-volvo-launch-its-s80-sedan-xc90-suv-india-around-september-year-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 548112)
Yes but it is already here for testing.

Great ! It will be competition for Fabia and Jetta.

Best of luck those people who get problems with Engine, Only engineers from sweden can fix them by logging in to your volvo computer here in India.
It's the case with US though.

Just today morning I saw an xc90 on Sarjapura road. Seeing the Volvo logo in the front, I was trying to identify the model. In the back I could see some thing like X***, now believe it is XC90.
It was looking more like a Wagon than an SUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 548055)
... ... ... will be launched in association with Ford because thats where I spotted them :).

Doesn't Ford own Volvo these days? Or did I get confused...

Let's face it: I am never going to have that sort of cash to spend on a car, and probably wouldn't anyway.

I've sat in Volvos in showrooms and thought wouldn't it be nice and even been tempted to push it for a second-hand one. Back in the late sixties, when I was but a small thing, that big, wardrobe-shaped Volvo estate was my dream car!

But, If I did have that money, whether here in UK, Volvo would have a very hard job selling to me against Audi (which I would favour) or Mercedes.

at this price tag, am sure this will be a challange for volvo , i guess we have better options already in this price range

Here you go guys, pictures of the Volvo S80. The SUV and the hatch are covered next to each of these cars (EDIT the thread title to reflect the same):

EDIT: Picture credits go to Anand Dutta who is my colleague.

I saw one of these on Saturday night on my way back from Orchids at Chembur. I think they are on sale already. Had a brand new reg. MH03 AM .

nice scoops.. but where is the photo of Hatch.u should have cought it. and by the way which plant is this?? Ford,Chevrolet or Volvo??

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 552319)
nice scoops.. but where is the photo of Hatch.u should have cought it. and by the way which plant is this?? Ford,Chevrolet or Volvo??

Hehehe I should have and then get beaten up the entire security around me for lifting the covers it was parked under right? Sorry man :)

This isn't a plant but an authorized dealership for sales and service for Ford, Opel, Chevrolet, Porsche, Bentley and now Volvo (since they are coming in with Ford). Guess which?

hehehe..yes moral.. it is very hard to take photos like this.. once i tried in inside of ARAI.. now dont ask how i managed to go inside. but still i cought some pics of Hyundai PA. check out the last pic.. my friend is hiding camera under his jacket..:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 552716)
This isn't a plant but an authorized dealership for sales and service for Ford, Opel, Chevrolet, Porsche, Bentley and now Volvo (since they are coming in with Ford). Guess which?

The authorised dealership already has the hatch ? Very interesting.

Can anybody speculate how much C30 will cost in India ?

From the pics it seems like the S80 doesnt even have parking sensors!

It has parking sensors, look to right side on the bumper there is a squarish cut-out sensor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 552827)
It has parking sensors, look to right side on the bumper there is a squarish cut-out sensor.

That is a cover for inserting a towing eye

Yup, no parking sensors but looks like it has headlamp washers.