Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2020, 10:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh

BMW has introduced a new entry-level diesel variant of the X5 called the xDrive30d SportX. It is priced at Rs. 74.90 lakh, compared to the xDrive30d xLine which costs Rs. 82.90 lakh (ex-showroom).

BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh-bmwx5xdrive30dbasefe34.jpg

As expected, the cheaper SportX trim misses out on a few features. It does not get the aesthetic elements that come with the xLine and M Sport variants. It neither comes with laser headlights nor 20-inch alloy wheels.

BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh-bmwx5xdrive30dbasefrontquarters188a.jpg

The SportX trim also misses out on the Comfort Access System for the split tail gate. Features such as 360-degree camera, wireless charging, BMW Display Key with LCD colour display and touchscreen as well as the Harman Kardon audio system are also not offered in this variant. Instead of leather upholstery, the SportX variant gets Sensatec seat upholstery.

BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh-bmwx5xdrive30dbaserearquarters2949.jpg

The xDrive30d SportX is powered by a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder diesel engine that produces 261 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 620 Nm of torque @ 1,500-2,500 rpm. The engine is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel drive system.

BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh-bmwx5xdrive30dbaseprofileside4836.jpg
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 11:53   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh

The rims on this variant look sad.

Doesn't even give it the look of an X5.
sv97 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 12:21   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

What is this jugglery BMW India is doing ?

Wasnt the BMW x5 30d Sport version launched in May 2019 @ INR 72.9L (Source (The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched))

So what they did is after selling some units last year they discontinued Sport version & only kept 8x.xx L (ex-showroom) versions (xLine & MSport) on sale.

Now in 2020 they are relaunching the Sport again at 74.90L & terming it as a price cut

karan561 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 21:25   #4
BHPian

BMW X5 gets new base diesel trim; prices cut by Rs. 8 lakh

Interestingly, they have dropped the 2 axle air suspension... does that mean they have gone back to steel springs or are they giving rear axle air suspension? Given the air suspension problems I faced with 2 of my former BMWs, it is not a bad thing if they give only steel springs with smaller rims (for ride quality compromise.)

Has anyone driven the new X5 with steel springs? I drove the one with 2 axle air suspension and it was quite soft for a BM. Hope this fixes the problem.

However, 8 lakh price cut takes out some feel good factors as well. While the digital key is gimicky, and laser light is an unnecessary upgrade IMO, the other cut backs add up more than the 8 Lakh. The X line pack, comfort seats (vs sports), leather upholstery (while I am ok having the option of fake leather, not many may like it at this price) and HK music system are big omissions.

In the BS-6 era I feel paddle shifters (which have been dropped) are more useful than before, for one I never used them until I moved to cars with more linear power outputs, but BS-6 makes engines more linear, dont they?
316kmph is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 18:02   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316kmph View Post
Interestingly, they have dropped the 2 axle air suspension... does that mean they have gone back to steel springs or are they giving rear axle air suspension? Given the air suspension problems I faced with 2 of my former BMWs, it is not a bad thing if they give only steel springs with smaller rims (for ride quality compromise.)
I wholeheartedly agree. For Indian driving conditions, give me a well-tuned conventional suspension over an air suspension any day. It's cheaper, less complex, far easier to maintain and way more reliable . I understand the magic of an air suspension, but the best standard suspensions are coming really close.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks