Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 16:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS launched at Rs. 99.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If I am not mistaken, even S-Class used to get artificial leather for a long time.
Nope, the S is the only car in the MBIL line up that has genuine leather always. The previous gens of most of their cars had leather but over the past 5 years or so they have switch all of them to ARTICO. Besides the S, they dare not move that to ARTICO in the next gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Very weird pricing from Mercedes, considering they priced the gle450 at 88.9 and gle400d at 89.9 lakhs. Why would anyone buy that over the gls now?
Even I was surprised with the GLE pricing, they took it too far. I am sure they will have to eventually start corrections by discounting it.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 21:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can someone explain to me how the GLS is cheaper than the S-Class? Usually, the SUV equivalents are more expensive (e.g. Creta vs Verna. X5 vs 5-Series & CR-V vs Civic). How is this one cheaper?

Same goes for GLC vs C, X3 vs 3, GLE vs E etc. X7 vs 7 and GLS vs S seem to break this trend.Yes a GLS might not exactly be a Sclass on stilts but it ain't too far and I believe these companies want to capitalize on the 'brand flagship sedan image and maintain their high margins.

My pick of the lot would be the X7 hands down. Real leather, great engines, feature loaded, good handling, decent comfort & latest generation of BMW interiors (vs the 7series). But most buyers in this segment shop on comfort so won't be surprised to see more takers for the GLS vs the X7.
991.2GT3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 09:15   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

All Mercedes-Benz cars sold in India with integrated MBUX infotainment system will now come loaded with corona test centre locations.

3rd-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS launched at Rs. 99.90 lakh-smartselect_20200628090739_chrome.jpg

The German carmaker has collaborated with MapmyIndia who already provides this feature on its platform along with giving real-time updates related to COVID-19.

3rd-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS launched at Rs. 99.90 lakh-smartselect_20200628090750_chrome.jpg

The recently launched third-generation Mercedes-Benz GLS has already been updated with this feature and other models equipped with the 12.3-inch MBUX infotainment system like the GLC, GLC Coupe will be updated in due course.

The system will also give real time updates.

3rd-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS launched at Rs. 99.90 lakh-smartselect_20200628090815_chrome.jpg

The app also generates real-time location-based alerts.

3rd-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS launched at Rs. 99.90 lakh-smartselect_20200628090827_chrome.jpg

Manu Saale, Managing Director & CEO- Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (MBRDI) said, This is a proud moment where the team has developed this much needed innovation to add another layer of safety for our end-customers in India.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/merc...atures-2253000
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:48   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS First Drive review

Old 3rd July 2020, 21:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone explain to me how the GLS is cheaper than the S-Class? Usually, the SUV equivalents are more expensive (e.g. Creta vs Verna. X5 vs 5-Series & CR-V vs Civic). How is this one cheaper?
Speaking from experience, the GLS doesn't hold a candle against the supreme levels of rear seat comfort of the S-Class. The middle row in fact is probably isn't even as nice as the GLC's. Don't get me wrong, there is tons of space and some toys to keep you entertained but the low seating, hard seat cushioning, upright backreat angle (even in most reclined position) and the intrusive lower bad support makes it far from comfortable.

It has the presence and offers you that 'king of the road' feel, and quality is top-notch, but I expected a lot more in terms of sheer comfort, which it sadly doesn't deliver (middle and last row). I might be in the minority here, but I'm not impressed with this one.

Last edited by S2!!! : 3rd July 2020 at 21:21.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 20:48   #21
BHPian

Mercedes has discontinued petrol 450 variant in GLS and GLE. I wonder why as it doesn’t make any sense to axe the petrols especially in Delhi NCR.
Old 25th June 2022, 22:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
Mercedes has discontinued petrol 450 variant in GLS and GLE. I wonder why as it doesn’t make any sense to axe the petrols especially in Delhi NCR.
This must have more to do with supply chain issues, diesel is still king in the segment. I don't think anyone cares for long term ownership in the segment. The 400d is one of the best engines available, and the petrol doesn't have anything going for it.
Old 25th June 2022, 23:38   #23
BHPian

Mercedes-Benz back at it with the "I wouldn't buy this for myself but would probably buy one for my parents" type of car.
Old 26th June 2022, 03:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
This must have more to do with supply chain issues, diesel is still king in the segment. I don't think anyone cares for long term ownership in the segment. The 400d is one of the best engines available, and the petrol doesn't have anything going for it.
Might be, but in delhi NCR people are gravitating towards petrol, even though diesel is king in suv. Nowadays no one minds a petrol suv as the gap between petrol and diesel is marginal and added 5years matter while making the purchase.
Old 26th June 2022, 15:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
It's possibly even a demand thing. In India people usually prefer diesel SUVs, and with these being CKDs, after the first lot sold out maybe it was easier for them to not import the petrol variants anymore to just have them sitting around - especially now that Mercedes Benz India sells directly to customers, and don't have dealers to buy stock off of them.
Old 26th June 2022, 18:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly the same question I had when I read 99.9 as the price. Or have they also slashed S Class prices? If not, I would think this is just the introductory price and once the demand picks up, the price may get revised. Irrespective, the package at this price is definitely going to make this a hit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks