Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 16:03   #1
BANNED

Jeep India enters certified used car business

• Automaker FCA India on Thursday said it is looking to expand its pre-owned car business with plans to have 65 outlets operational by August end. The company currently runs its pre-owned car business, SELECTEDforYOU, from 42 sales outlets.
  • The automaker had introduced a pilot operation of SELECTEDforYOU in Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad in 2019 and will now plan to scale it up across the country, FCA India said in a statement.
  • SELECTEDforYOU accepts vehicles of any brand in trade for either a new or pre-owned Jeep Compass, the automaker said.
  • Every pre-owned Jeep Compass will be certified only after a 125-point inspection check, thorough verification of past ownership, service records and extensive presale on-road testing, it added.
  • A SELECTEDforYOU certified Jeep Compass will be offered with a warranty of 36 months or 60,000 km complemented by 24x7 roadside assistance (RSA).
  • FCA India has sold around 60,000 units of Jeep Compass in the country till date.
Quote:
"The Jeep Compass enjoys exceptional residual value in the Indian automobile market, and that is a great opportunity for our customers," FCA India President and Managing Director Partha Datta said.

SELECTEDforYOU, being cultivated as a shop-in-shop business model, assures trust, confidence and peace of mind for customers, he added.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 08:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep India enters certified used car business

Link to their website - https://www.jeepselectedforyou.in/

It's a disaster.

- You have to select the "variant", but there is no option to list all "Compass" on sale (which is their only selling model).

- Even if I choose "Trailhawk", under fuel type, "petrol" is given as an option to me. The MT / AT menu aren't synced to what you choose before. E.g. I can search for Trailhawk + Petrol + MT.

- The genuises have all of 8 Jeep Compass on sale in India. OLX has about 400 - link. Why would I even bother going to this lame, broken website?

Whoever was in charge of this project should be fired. He's clearly not been "working from home" during the lockdown.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 09:24   #3
BHPian

a.) The name 'selected 4 you' lacks any imagination at all. It is the dumbest brand name I have heard of.

b.) The website is definitely a disaster like GTO said. I simply wanted to see all the automatics on sale. No way to do so. You first have to select the variant. How stupid. The transmission was more important to me and the variant was immaterial. Would assume the same with most buyers.

c.) Did anyone find the webpage scroller on the right! I disappeared on and off. It works in a weird way with the page down keys on the keyboard.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 09:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Link to their website - https://www.jeepselectedforyou.in/

It's a disaster.

- You have to select the "variant", but there is no option to list all "Compass" on sale (which is their only selling model).

- Even if I choose "Trailhawk", under fuel type, "petrol" is given as an option to me. The MT / AT menu aren't synced to what you choose before. E.g. I can search for Trailhawk + Petrol + MT.

- The genuises have all of 8 Jeep Compass on sale in India. OLX has about 400 - link. Why would I even bother going to this lame, broken website?

Whoever was in charge of this project should be fired. He's clearly not been "working from home" during the lockdown.
Thanks. I browsed the website after your post. Good stress buster.

I feel this focus on used business by OEMs is not really a serious strategic attempt. May be they are trying to add one more revenue source to help their dealers to stay afloat during these trying times- but a half hearted attempt.
Also, they might be trying to control used prices for their own brand - which in turn affects price perception of brand new too- very difficult to save margins in this economy.
vikramvicky1984 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 11:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:

- The geniuses have all of 8 Jeep Compass on sale in India. OLX has about 400
On the contrary, the website seems to have been a hit. 4 of them are already sold (hopefully through the website). It lists only 4 Jeeps available.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep India enters certified used car business-untitled.jpg  

adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 11:07   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
[list][*]Automaker FCA India on Thursday said it is looking to expand its pre-owned car business with plans to have 65 outlets operational by August end.
I hope they have chosen large footprint places for this. That way they can reuse the same real estate for their next business "expansion". I'm waiting for the news of "FCA India said it is looking to expand its business into multi brand car scrap and recycling". And won't be surprised really. Maybe FCA is hoping to have a story like Nokia. Trying things like wood pulp, paper etc before finding success into their core business in future.
Quote:
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 11:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
On the contrary, the website seems to have been a hit. 4 of them are already sold (hopefully through the website). It lists only 4 Jeeps available.
I dont think even new jeeps are selling that fast after new pricing
vikramvicky1984 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks