Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2020, 01:29   #16
BHPian

The only thing common between the TUV and the XUV300 is the length of the vehicles.
If you want a smoother, more refined vehicle for those long highway drives then the XUV300 is for you. However if you want a rugged vehicle with an imposing stance and a bit of comfort, then throw out all your CSUVs and get the TUV.

My family owned the Bolero for 9 years and it went all across the country and you couldn't tell if it was more than a year old. My father finally wanted to 'upgrade' to the TUV and I went for the XUV300.
Believe me, TUV has its own fanboys and they will remain so. They won't opt for the XUV300 just because both vehicles share the tag of 'CSUV'.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 09:48   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 not on sale; removed from website

Mahindra has been treating TUV like a step son. First they released half baked product (remember 85 bhp variant?). Then they discontinued the famously failed AMT variant. Then they released T10 variant with few upgrades like Leather seats, Touch screen without Android Auto or Carplay, blacked out alloys . Then they completely re-juggled the variant features. Then finally a facelifted version which looks even worse.

However, if they continue selling super flop models like Xylo, I don't think they will discontinue moderately successful product like TUV.

Having said that, even if they discontinue the TUV, it will not be any issue to existing users. Remember TUV shares a lot spares between Scorpio, Bolero and other vehicles from Mahindra's stable. I don't think spares would be an issue.

Remember Honda discontinued BS-4 WRV variant for few months and they released BS-6 variant recently. Same way BS-6 variant TUV will be released. No doubt in that. Corona impact on rolling out vehicles seamlessly should be considered here.
Old 21st June 2020, 12:46   #18
BHPian

I know somebody who has been provided a TUV along with a driver at work since 2015. His daily drive to work and back home involves around 120 kms of highways. The car has served him well from a work perspective and personal basis (family of 4) well.

He keeps singing praises of the car at functions and based on his experiences, I have a very favourable impression of the car. Hope it returns in B6 avatar.

Last edited by JojyKerala : 21st June 2020 at 12:48.
JojyKerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Mysterious disappearances, all of a sudden of a good selling product like the TUV 300 rattles both the present owners and the potential customers, apart from watchful and vigilant bystanders like many of us.

At least M&M and its CEO who tweets a lot, could have given valid reasons for its sudden disappearence and if at all they either plan to relaunch it with a BS VI engine or to stop the one year old, refreshed version's production.

Transparency with a communicative PR deptt matters a lot for big corporates.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st June 2020 at 13:10.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Personally don't like this vehicle. We have two of these with our relatives and have travelled for short distances in them. I frankly feel this is a two generation old vehicle, which is also a strict 4 seater , due to the narrow width. I also don't understand why M&M made such a crude vehicle with extremely bad NVH, but at the same time make much better vehicles in terms of NVH (Xuv300 and 500).
Old 21st June 2020, 18:19   #21
BHPian

Is there a possibility that TUV300 will pick up the BS6 version of the 1.5L from the Mazarro & XUV300 later this year. Can we also expect petrol variants to be introduced with one of the smaller mStallion engines or will that be a next-gen item?
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 18:55   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the TUV300 doesn't figure in the list of BS6 updations for Mahindra this year, it's safe to assume that it might be re-introduced only in FY2021-22, if at all.

Possibly with a new engine and a few additional features.

Mahindra TUV300 not on sale; removed from website-1w.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 08:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Considering there is an all new Scorpio around the corner, Shouldnt Mahindra have prioritised upgrading the TUV 300 and the plus versions to BS6 instead of the Scorpio? I fail to see why Mahindra would take the pain of upgrading the Scorpio when the new one is supposed to be launched later this year. Or maybe the new Scorpio is delayed beyond this year and hence the BS6 upgrade.
Old 22nd June 2020, 08:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Since the TUV300 doesn't figure in the list of BS6 updations for Mahindra this year, it's safe to assume that it might be re-introduced only in FY2021-22, if at all.

Possibly with a new engine and a few additional features.

The Bolero uses the same engine as the TUV, in a detuned state. So, the engine's survival is assured.

There seems to be a good demand for the TUV as a police/department vehicle for state governments owing to its versatility, ruggedness, and the vast improvement in dynamics over the Bolero. I think Mahindra is just holding off the new model until the current crisis is resolved. At least, I hope so. I am in the minority that thought that it was an awesome car, that appealed more to the heart than the brain.
vivekgk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Based on this update posted on XUV thread, looks like the TUV300 and TUV300+ are also being tested. Could be the BS6 version?
Mahindra TUV300 not on sale; removed from website-2020mahindraxuv50021280x720.jpg
Source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...021280x720.jpg
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 14:00   #26
BHPian

I don't think Mahindra would kill TUV300 at least for the next 5 years. Mahindra has a habit of milking their cows till blood comes out and am sure that TUV300 would reappear in BS6 Avatar.

Mod Note: Our Mahindra Bolero New Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd July 2021 at 15:10. Reason: Review link added
Superleggera is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks