Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 16:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Glanza recalled over fuel pump issue

The Toyota Glanza hatchback has been recalled over a faulty fuel pump.

Toyota Glanza recalled over fuel pump issue-instablue.jpg

6,500 units of the Glanza manufactured between April 2, 2019 and October 6, 2019 have been affected by this issue.

Toyota dealerships will contact owners of the suspected vehicles to bring their cars in for an inspection and replacement of the part. The faulty fuel pump will be replaced free of cost.

The Toyota Glanza is a re-badged version of the Maruti Baleno. Earlier today, Maruti Suzuki had also issued a recall for the WagonR and Baleno over the same faulty component.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 23:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza recalled over fuel pump issue

I remeber some folks on the forum mention the underlying quality control of Toyota even in this rebadge excercise of Baleno. Looks like that's not the case.
Old 17th July 2020, 08:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I remeber some folks on the forum mention the underlying quality control of Toyota even in this rebadge excercise of Baleno. Looks like that's not the case.
This was never the case. The Glanza is the exact ditto same Baleno sporting the Toyota logo instead of Suzuki. All talks of any improved quality or extra QC is just hogwash.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 09:23   #4
BHPian

I cannot help but wonder, that in 2 days of this thread being posted, there as been just as many posts! A fuel pump : is a critical component. The car is from a Japanese company, the car model itself is a hyper-hit. Yet, people seem not bothered. Much more trivial problems with an Euro or an Indian car, would witness a deluge of response, if posted or highlighted!

If we fast forward: As of now, vehicles are being "inspected" and "if" changes are required, replaced free of cost. If a failure crops up AFTER the warranty period, would it be referred back to the "RECALL" or would it be chargeable? This question is for a car which is "inspected" and certified as OK for now. Knowing how most Indian manufacturers "respect" recall...

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 17th July 2020 at 09:26.
Old 17th July 2020, 09:33   #5
BHPian

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but shouldn't there be a recall by MS given that Glanza is just another Baleno with only the logo swapped? Unless MS shipped faulty fuel pumps for Glanza only
Old 17th July 2020, 09:41   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but shouldn't there be a recall by MS given that Glanza is just another Baleno with only the logo swapped? Unless MS shipped faulty fuel pumps for Glanza only
MSIL already issued an official recall regarding this.

And there is a thread on this:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4844990 (Maruti recalls 1,34,885 units of the WagonR & Baleno for fuel pump problem)
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 09:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
There is recall for MS Baleno and WagonR also. Please check the news section.

Recently my elder brother who is a doctor had to travel to Kolkata amidst lockdown in his friend's Baleno Alpha. He got the car serviced and checked but the MASS was adamant that the car is absolutely normal.

The failure used to occur randomly. There was no way to predict it. What I recommended him to do was not to shut down the car anywhere till he reached Kolkata. And refuel as soon as the fuel dropped below 50% mark. He covered 500kms with that fuel pump, refueled once near Dhanbad, reached Kolkata and just outside his residence, he somehow stalled the car on a slope and then it refused to start for the next 2 hours. At least in his case, the car would fail to start randomly, but won't shut down on its own if its running.

Since no MASS was cooperating, I had given him contacts of TSM of Bihar and WB and he had escalated. The car in question was July 2019 registered.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Also there were some posts regarding Toyota doing quality checks. This isn't the case. Toyota does initial studies and checks on a model before approving it for Badge engineering, but since the cars are being made in Suzuki's Gujarat plant, Toyota has no control there. It does QC checks only when they receive the car from Suzuki. Issues like these happen because of poor quality from vendor and there is no way one can predict that. This is why recalls matter since some batches can be affected.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 19:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This was never the case. The Glanza is the exact ditto same Baleno sporting the Toyota logo instead of Suzuki. All talks of any improved quality or extra QC is just hogwash.
I know that was not the case. There actually were some posts by Toyota fan boys touting that the underlying components and QC of Glanza would be much better than Baleno.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:15   #9
BHPian

Seems like there is an ongoing recall campaign affecting the Innova Crysta, Fortuner and Corolla Altis. This is for a Fuel Pump replacement.

I got a call from my dealer to send in my 2018 Corolla Altis for the same. I checked on Toyota's website to verify this and found my vehicle was indeed affected by the recall.

They picked up and returned my car after carrying out the replacement, on the same day. Though I've had absolutely no problems with my car, I do wonder what was the reason behind the recall.

(Mods : Please move my post to the correct / appropriate thread if needed. Thank you!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks