Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 23:14   #31
BHPian

Give me a break! For heaven's sake, it's a Nano!
Old 28th December 2008, 23:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20000RPM View Post
I recently caught up with this test car on the outskirts of Pune. Looks very simillar to the snaps of Nano. On enquiring I was told this the Bajaj car. Looks good and runs preety well. I saw it crusing easily at speeds greater than 80km/h
Whoever told you that must have been quite ignorant. The car you spotted is indeed the Nano.
Old 29th December 2008, 00:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

That is definitely the Nano!
Bajaj aren't anywhere close to testing their vehicle.
Old 29th December 2008, 09:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

true that is a nano, cause the prototype they showed at the last auto expo in delhi looked different
Old 25th May 2009, 18:06   #35
BHPian

Read this story in Businessweek on imminent delays with the project. There are differences between Bajaj and Renualt-Nissan over aspects of branding, vehicle design and its positioning (Renault-Nissan is in favour of a cost competitive car to take on the Tata Nano in the highly price conscious Indian market while Bajaj Auto is stressing on fuel efficiency over price).
The article can be found here: In India, a Setback for Small Car Rival to Tata's Nano - BusinessWeek
Old 15th August 2009, 11:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

I thought this plan was long scrapped.
Quote:
"We are going back to the drawing board to have a rethink on the design,'' an official from Bajaj's foreign partners said, without wanting to be named. The official said the companies were firming up the various specifications for the car as they go about giving a new shape to it.

Another problem area for the project can be the global slowdown. The difficult times even forced Renault to go slow on its own independent car manufacturing plans in India as it decided to defer investment at Chennai where it is building a car plant along with group company Nissan. Thus, there could be reluctance from the company's side in making big investments on any new project, the analysts said.
Bajaj yet to finalize low-cost car plan - India Business - Business - NEWS - The Times of India
Old 11th November 2009, 12:37   #37
BHPian

Renault-Bajaj small car plans !!!

2 Wheeler makers are planning to built 4 wheeler with the help of Renault.
Full Story...

Renault Bajaj small car plans gain momentum

Last edited by arin_12 : 11th November 2009 at 12:40.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, a car was shown at last Auto expo, but we are yet to have that car. Renault is having problems maintaining relationships with various manufacturers they have tied up with. M&M, we are aware of it, but the other one with whom they have a problem is not as well known. The other manufacturer is Bajaj.

Renault has issues with Bajaj regarding pricing of the car. It was only yesterday that some more clear light was shed on the project. The plan is that Bajaj will do engineering for the car and Renault will sell it. Heard this on some news channel.

I doubt if this car is to be shown at Auto Expo. I think the car that Bajaj has shown earlier will not be be one we will eventually get. Nano has got better styling and looks as compared to what Bajaj had displayed.

I hope to see this car hit the streets in 2010 itself but the rumour is that the car is coming in 2012.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
IIRC, a car was shown at last Auto expo, but we are yet to have that car. Renault is having problems maintaining relationships with various manufacturers they have tied up with. M&M, we are aware of it, but the other one with whom they have a problem is not as well known. The other manufacturer is Bajaj.

Renault has issues with Bajaj regarding pricing of the car. It was only yesterday that some more clear light was shed on the project. The plan is that Bajaj will do engineering for the car and Renault will sell it. Heard this on some news channel.

I doubt if this car is to be shown at Auto Expo. I think the car that Bajaj has shown earlier will not be be one we will eventually get. Nano has got better styling and looks as compared to what Bajaj had displayed.

I hope to see this car hit the streets in 2010 itself but the rumour is that the car is coming in 2012.
I have high expectations from Bajaj, so I wish them best of luck. But I don't quite understand why they need Renault to sell the car, as Bajaj have much bigger presence in India. I also fear that Renault would take away all the credit for the car.

For such an Important project for them, Bajaj shouldn't go with a company as promiscuous as Renault. If Renault's 3 different partners in 3 different ventures(not including their venture with Nissan) are giving them hard time, then they deserve it.

BTW, can any senior in the forum tell me whether or not Hero group is working on any 4-wheeler project ?
Old 11th November 2009, 18:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20000RPM View Post
I recently caught up with this test car on the outskirts of Pune. Looks very simillar to the snaps of Nano. On enquiring I was told this the Bajaj car. Looks good and runs preety well. I saw it crusing easily at speeds greater than 80km/h
You gotta be kidding me, thats no bajaj, that is defenitely the nano .
Old 11th November 2009, 18:43   #41
BHPian

Well i read in the papers today that bajaj is just doing the designing. It would be marketed by renault nissan colaboration. The papers said that the name bajaj would not appear anywhere on the car.
Old 12th November 2009, 16:07   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Please continue the discussion on the newer Bajaj small car thread.

This thread = Closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks