Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 12:09   #1
BHPian

Ford Endeavour prices hiked by Rs. 44,000 - 1.20 lakh

I know this is an old thread. Wasn't sure where else to post an update that Ford has silently hiked the prices of the BS VI Endeavour. There were initial reports of a hike back in March 2020 which was then later postponed by three months (and then some more) due to Covid-19.

A friend of mine in Ghaziabad had an initial quote which was later updated by the dealer because of the silent hike. The new prices have been updated on Ford India's website.

Looks like a ~45K increase for the Titanium variant, a 1.2 Lakh increase for the Titanium+ variants. My friend booked the 4x2 and the dealer did provide a decent discount (80K) to reduce the ping of the price hike.

Note: Mods please move this under a relevant thread
Kingston is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 00:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Just when Ford Freestyle stood 2nd in the top sellers list, it got hiked by 30K last month. Irked many customers enough (two of them in my friend circle) to cancel their bookings. Ecosport also got hiked by 17K and now Endeavour.

The effect should be prominent enough in Aug/Sept sales chart. Though as per one sales person, prices are hiked so that they get normalized in festive season.

I though exiting Covid is itself a big festival this year and not Dusshera, Diwali.
livetodrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 00:30   #3
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Looks like a ~45K increase for the Titanium variant, a 1.2 Lakh increase for the Titanium+ variants. My friend booked the 4x2 and the dealer did provide a decent discount (80K) to reduce the ping of the price hike.
Sounds like another blunder from Ford India on the price front. Wondering why would a customer choose Endeavour over fortuner now, especially the Fortuner face lift is supposed to launch with a more powerful engine !
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour prices hiked by Rs. 44,000 - 1.20 lakh-endy.jpg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 23:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by Rs. 44,000 - 1.20 lakh

Ford Endeavour prices hiked by Rs. 44,000 - 1.20 lakh - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 9th August 2020, 11:24   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Sounds like another blunder from Ford India on the price front. Wondering why would a customer choose Endeavour over fortuner now, especially the Fortuner face lift is supposed to launch with a more powerful engine !
Sir Fortuner’s ex-showroom price was also increased by ₹48000 across the range to ₹34.43L for the top spec 4X4 AT, now both cost almost the same few thousands difference here and there

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th August 2020 at 11:26.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 13:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner will become more expensive with the facelift, so Ford may still end up cheaper than the Fortuner. In the end, it is going to be the engines that will determine the sales. Customers in this segment will not care about a few lakhs. If the facelifted Fortuner comes with the 200hp engine, then Ford will loose the numbers. Ford cannot beat Fortuner with their features if the latter ends up being significantly powerful.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Fortuner will become more expensive with the facelift, so Ford may still end up cheaper than the Fortuner. In the end, it is going to be the engines that will determine the sales. Customers in this segment will not care about a few lakhs. If the facelifted Fortuner comes with the 200hp engine, then Ford will loose the numbers. Ford cannot beat Fortuner with their features if the latter ends up being significantly powerful.
Guess there is always the "No replacement for displacement" argument.

I have not driven the new 2.0 10AT – I am sure Ford tuned it to be as good as the old 2.2 but I am damm sure it will not hold a candle to the lusty 3.2 that was addictive to floor the throttle. It was always a special feeling to wait for the TQ to be lazy and then pick up pace like crazy.
Old 18th August 2020, 12:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Guess there is always the "No replacement for displacement" argument.

I have not driven the new 2.0 10AT – I am sure Ford tuned it to be as good as the old 2.2 but I am damm sure it will not hold a candle to the lusty 3.2 that was addictive to floor the throttle. It was always a special feeling to wait for the TQ to be lazy and then pick up pace like crazy.
I own the current 2.0 and having extensively driven the old 3.2, straight off the bat. The current 2.0 is a lot more peppier lower down the revs. From a standstill to medium speeds, there is a strong liner surge of power in this version that was missing from the old 3.2.

I always found the old 3.2 to be pretty confused during city driving. It was a little lethargic to take off and you really had to work the throttle to get it going.

However, the meat of the 3.2 was in the mid range and top end. But, this 2.0 doesn't disappoint either. It is very very quick to downshift say from 9th gear to 5th just in case you need that quick thrust for an over taking maneuver.

With the gear lock feature, you can actually rev this engine a lot and get immense thrust of power.

All in all, I believe it is more of a psychological thing than anything else. I mean knowing that you have 200 horse power under your right foot turns your senses on. Although that 3.2 was never able to put it's power down early enough.
rahul_jo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 13:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post

I always found the old 3.2 to be pretty confused during city driving. It was a little lethargic to take off and you really had to work the throttle to get it going.

However, the meat of the 3.2 was in the mid range and top end. But, this 2.0 doesn't disappoint either. It is very very quick to downshift say from 9th gear to 5th just in case you need that quick thrust for an over taking maneuver.

With the gear lock feature, you can actually rev this engine a lot and get immense thrust of power.
That's promising to hear!

Conventional wisdom would lead you to believe a 10 speed TQ would be more confused and fumble a lot with swapping between multiple gear ratios but guess it all comes down to tuning. I have the GT TSi and the 1.2 turbo feels a lot bigger than it is mainly because of the competence of the DSG. Perhaps smaller engines are the future, at least till the EVs takeover.
Kingston is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 16:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I have the GT TSi and the 1.2 turbo feels a lot bigger than it is mainly because of the competence of the DSG. Perhaps smaller engines are the future, at least till the EVs takeover.
Precisely. With 10 gears, the ratios are tightly packed and you'll always find yourself in the right gear based on your throttle inputs. It might be a little 2.0 but punches way above it's weight range.

Compared to the old 3.2, this new 2.0 is only maybe half a second slower to a 100 with a lot better fuel efficiency.

And if someone is still missing the old 3.2, I dare them to use the gear lock feature on this new 2.0, lock the ratios to just 4 gears and then even with half throttle, the car just lunges ahead like a cheetah. All in all, it is a lot of fun.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Current price list in Mumbai of the Endeavour.

4x4 AT Titanium + = 42.5 lakhs on road.

4x4 AT Titanium + Sports = 43.3 lakhs on road.

Difference between the two is roughly 80,000. So you pay 80 grand just for the black, where as everything else remains same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks