Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2020, 17:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

In a first, Isuzu dealers now allowed to service other brand's cars

Isuzu has partnered with TVS Automobile Solutions (TASL) to introduce a multi-brand service facility. The first such facility under the brand "MyTVS" has been inaugurated at Torque Isuzu in Ahmedabad.

In a first, Isuzu dealers now allowed to service other brand's cars-isuzu.jpg

Under this partnership, Isuzu dealers who have additional capacity can become franchisees of MyTVS. The MyTVS facility will be within the Isuzu workshop premises but will have dedicated facilities for other brands as well. While it will remain an exclusive Isuzu workshop, some services will be shared.

The MyTVS facility will provide general service and body / accidental repairs for brands other than Isuzu models. It will also provide quick service, speed wash and cashless insurance to customers.

This partnership will be mutually beneficial for both parties as it will bring about efficiencies and ensure viability for Isuzu dealers and at the same time, provide more reach for MyTVS.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 18:15   #2
BHPian

Re: In a first, Isuzu dealers now allowed to service other brand's cars

Great step.

One thing I always wondered about was why service centers cannot do multibrand servicing. Giving priority to the own brand of course.

The basic equipment are the same across centers. Some tools may differ, and some software. But that should not disallow owners to monetize their premises for better revenues. Hope this does well.
Cessna182 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 18:19   #3
BANNED

Isuzu partners with TVS Automobile Solutions for vehicle services chain

The facility of 'MyTVS' within the Isuzu workshop premises will have dedicated facilities for other brands. The first of such facility was opened on Wednesday at the vehicle maker's dealership, Torque Isuzu, in Ahmedabad.
Quote:
New Delhi: Japanese utility vehicle maker Isuzu Motors on Wednesday said it has partnered with TVS Automobile Solutions (TASL) to allow its dealer partners in India to become franchisees of the multi-brand vehicle services chain, MyTVS, of the latter.

Under the partnership programme, Isuzu dealer partners who have additional capacity can opt to become franchisees of "MyTVS" providing dedicated and shared services within their existing Isuzu service premises itself, Isuzu Motors India said in a statement.

The facility of 'MyTVS' within the Isuzu workshop premises will have dedicated facilities for other brands. The predominant part of the workshop will, however, continue to operate as an exclusive Isuzu facility while some services will be shared, it added.

"This will bring about efficiencies and ensure better viability for the dealer while providing more reach for "MyTVS"," the company said.

Commenting on the development, Isuzu Motors India deputy managing director Ken Takashima said,"We are constantly working on making our facilities increasingly viable. This unique partnership will enhance the dealer's ability to offer dedicated services to Isuzu customers as well as connect with customers of other brands."

TASL managing director G Srinivasa Raghavan said, "It is a decisive strategic deal that has the potential to disrupt the way the Indian automobile industry functions. The fact that brick and mortar dealership/service centre are capital intensive, this coexistence model will ease that burden."

He further said, "We see this partnership as a catalyst to thrive on each other's strengths and customers will be the ultimate beneficiaries. For MyTVS, a partner like Isuzu will further strengthen our service portfolio range and help us penetrate in the western part of the country."
Source

Last edited by wheelguy : 12th August 2020 at 18:21.
Old 12th August 2020, 18:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Works out well for Isuzu dealers, especially with their sales volumes.

Also as a business model, multi brand garages are good for the smaller companies and their customers.
Don't think the top 3 or 5 manufacturers would adapt this model.

Only concern in this news is TVS.
Don't know about other cities, but in Thiruvananthapuram the TVS dealers for Mahindra, Fiat, Renault have been
Looting the customers, overbilling, mishandling vehicles and every dirty tricks up their sleeves.
DicKy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:52   #5
BHPian

A move in the right direction. I'm a strong believer in the fact that I should be able to get my vehicle serviced as per manufacturer standards, anywhere I choose to, without losing out on my warranty etc.

Having said that, while I understand the business model and how it will be beneficial for customers in the long run - mainly not being tied to one service centre, increased competition making it a buyer's market etc. I do hope this does not drop the service quality for Isuzu vehicles if the other business model is more beneficial to them.

The only odd thing to me is the choice of partners. Both Isuzu and TVS. Isuzu currently doesn't have anywhere near the number of service centres they need, to service Isuzu vehicles! And as for TVS, I've heard horror stories about them too, but would give them a chance.

Last edited by Tassem : 12th August 2020 at 20:01.
Old 12th August 2020, 20:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

While the concept is very good, I'd be very much interested to know how they work this right.

With OEM parts availability and authorised service manual availability (Through the white channel) being an issue in India, and also, being an Authorised Dealership, they cant blatantly resort to any means to service the vehicle and take the money like 90% of the Non-Authorised workshops do. (Not that all Authorised workshops do a great job)

Will wait for more details to comment more.
Old 12th August 2020, 21:12   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Smart thing from Isuzu's perspective. This is the only way to make dealers survive with the low volumes Isuzu sells in India.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 22:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a great initiative to me for both sides - Company & Customer. Company does the servicing and earns the money while operating out of one facility and the customer has easy access to a service center in case of emergency. Also might help Isuzu to garner some reputation in the market.

The only oddities are the choice of dealers - Isuzu could've definitely gone with someone better than TVS. After all, they don't have the best reputation with us BHPians and other customers.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 12th August 2020 at 22:26.
Old 12th August 2020, 22:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yet somehow Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi alliance cannot come up with this concept to add more touch points to their dwindling service centre numbers.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 00:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Does Isuzu have any cars on sale at all. As far as I know none of their models are on sale as they were not BS6 ready. Their website still does not show them to be ready. I think this was a way for them to retain their dealers till they introduce their BS6 line-up.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 06:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

More a move of desperation than smartness. Isuzu dealers can't survive with the current sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
A move in the right direction. I'm a strong believer in the fact that I should be able to get my vehicle serviced as per manufacturer standards, anywhere I choose to, without losing out on my warranty etc.
Customer laws & lack of quality mechanics in India are the reasons why you can't do that yet. Manufacturer ASS has mechanics trained for the specific vehicles. To keep our warranty valid, you'll still have to avail the services of your brands ASS.

So, servicing a non-Isuzu vecicle at an Isuzu + MyTVS service center would be voiding the warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
With OEM parts availability and authorised service manual availability (Through the white channel) being an issue in India...
Will wait for more details to comment more.
Won't this be equivalent to a Bosch service center or your local FNG?

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 13th August 2020 at 06:58.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 07:08   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In some towns & cities, Isuzu had two choices:

- Not have workshop presence at all.

OR

- Allow its dealers to service other brands to make money.

The decision was easy. Isuzu doesn't have its BS6 cars ready and even in the BS4 era, their sales were so poor that they didn't share numbers with the SIAM.

IMHO, all small brands should do this. Either allow dealerships to service other cars, or join hands with other brands. Is there any reason today to have separate VW & Skoda workshops, or different Renault & Nissan workshops? These companies should realise that the ship has sailed on their "10% market-share" ambitions. In a way, Isuzu has acted with more maturity & sensibility than VW-Skoda or Renault-Nissan.

I fully expect to see Mahindra-Ford workshops sometime in the future. In the long-term, Toyota-Suzuki? Possible.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 07:29   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The decision was easy. Isuzu doesn't have its BS6 cars ready and even in the BS4 era, their sales were so poor that they didn't share numbers with the SIAM.
I thought the new 1.9 engine with the 6-Speed ASIN was BS-VI. After reading your post, I looked up the website and even this new engine is only BS-IV compliant. I cannot believe that these poor dealers have been swatting flies for months. This is another company that is lost in the wilderness. I think they may go the Mitsubishi way in India.

Firstly they gave Indian's a dated power train with the 5-Speed automatic instead of the 6-Speed when even the compact SUV creata offered the 6-Speed TC automatic.

Secondly they stripped down the vehicle and tried to sell it about 5 lakhs less than the Fortuner/Endy 3.2. Anyone who can spend 35 lakhs on on the road on an SUV would probably not mind spending another 5 lakhs and getting a better kitted Endy 3.2. Atleast I wouldn't buy a 3rd world spec SUV when I can get the global spec from Ford/Toyota.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 08:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Serviceability is one of the biggest plus points of Maruti/Hyundai. Having authorised dealers in the remotest of places makes them very much preferred.

Practically, car brands with small numbers don't have that much leverage over the operations of its dealers service center if they don't sell enough cars to make sure that the commercials of the ASC remain viable. More the copies on road, more the companies ability to improve their ASCs quality.

In a scenario where sales are low, dealers find it hard to find well performing service engineers & ASC management, further when there is economic uncertainty, allowing the ASC to make themselves available to other brands helps distribute all costs. Not just that, as service center employees start dealing with more customers, it trains them as to what is acceptable & develop an understanding as to what customers want. This could improve the brand experience if a few basics are covered.

Other companies that should allow ASCs this flexability :
Skoda/Volkswagen,
Nissan/Renault,
Tata Motors,
Jeep (FCA).

As for workshop manuals, many trained service engineers could probably jump from other ASCs to this. Infact it'll serve as another organised business place where a SA could build his profile.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 13th August 2020 at 08:25.
Old 15th August 2020, 08:37   #15
BHPian

Conceptually, looks great. I've dealt with MyTVS and it was a nightmarish 3 year contract with them. I will not give more details about it because I've gotten "banned" for "apparently promoting" what I do for a living.

Anyway, MyTVS had great vision, mission blah. But when it came to grassroot level execution, it was a massive disappointment. They sold fake spares at 4 times the OE part cost, claimed they had a ''warehouse'' but actually had just simply outsourced to cheap,fake spares dealers in JC Road in Bangalore, kept constantly pushing for parts sales, almost non existent marketing, promised the garages insurance tie ups and barely materialised, Royal Sundaram had goofed up with so many customers. They promised customers the moon at the time of purchasing insurance but when it came to claims, they goofed up and didn't stand by their word. Terrible experience.

Having said this, I'm not sure how long this will last. If this has to work then MyTVS better pull up their socks or else they'll end up ruining the partnerships with everyone.

Last edited by vishwasvr : 15th August 2020 at 08:38.
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks