Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2020, 15:09   #1
Team-BHP Support

Skoda launches SuperCare, 6 year / 1,50,000 km extended warranty

Skoda has revamped and renamed its Service Maintenance Package as 'Skoda SuperCare'. Customers who choose to opt for this package, can avail of preventive maintenance as well as wear and tear repair work for a timeframe of up to four years.

Skoda claims that this package safeguards against spare part price and labour charge inflation, guarantees authentic fitments with two years or unlimited km part warranty, assures job work by certified technicians, redemption at all authorised Skoda dealership facilities across the nation, multiple payment options as well as cashless services, and transferability to a subsequent owner at the time of vehicle resale.

Skoda launches SuperCare, 6 year / 1,50,000 km extended warranty-rapid.jpg

The starting price for the SuperCare package is Rs. 29,999 for new customers. It is valid for 4 years or 60,000 km and comes with Standard, Enhanced, and Comprehensive options. This package should be purchased within a timeframe of a year from the date of purchase of the vehicle (or the first service, whichever is earlier). Existing owners can purchase the SuperCare package for 2 years or 30,000 km, at a starting price of Rs. 15,777.

The Standard Package covers engine oil, oil filter, drain plug, washer, air / pollen / fuel filter, spark plug, brake fluid, V belt, HALDEX coupling oil, ATF and more as per the manufacturer maintenance schedule.

The Enhanced Package covers services under the Standard Package along with front windshield wipers, front and rear brake pads and disc and more.

The Comprehensive Package entails battery, flywheel, and clutch assembly (clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing) over and above the services under the Enhanced Package.

Skoda has also introduced an extended warranty programme, at a starting price of Rs. 30,975, that now covers an additional period of the fifth and sixth year or 1,50,000 km (whichever is earlier) from the date of purchase of a Skoda vehicle. This extended warranty can be purchased by owners of the Rapid 1.0 TSI, Octavia RS 245, Superb Laurin & Klement and Sportline, and Karoq.

This extended warranty can also be availed by existing customers whose Skoda vehicle is under the four year warranty program (purchased on / after 1st September 2016, and run less than 97,000 km). It is transferable to the succeeding owner.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2020 at 17:21.
Aditya is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 15:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda launches SuperCare, 6 year / 1,50,000 km extended warranty

Excellent news and I am glad Skoda has mimicked the Big 3 approach to service plans allowing customers to choose the plan according to usage and upfront payment.

Should provide significant reassurance to potential and existing owners.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 16:11   #3
BHPian

Beautiful move by Škoda indeed!
People who were shying away, may now reconsider a Škoda again with these service packages. Also with Rapid doing good numbers already, if properly advertised, the Rider & Rider Plus variants will have more takers.
Old 20th August 2020, 16:32   #4
BHPian

This is good news and will put Skoda on the list of buyers who’d shy away due to the service and maintenance costs before. The pack options are a welcome move.

I would however take this with a pinch of salt since we recently saw what Volkswagen did in respect to their warranty package.
alikidwhy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 16:43   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Definitely a great news for anyone skeptical about Skoda ownership yet interested in the 1.0 tsi.

If I were in for a new car purchase, I would happily pick the 6 years 1.5 lakh km warranty, irrespective of the car and brand.
Old 20th August 2020, 16:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

I thought this already existed along with a package that for 60k allows replacement of wear and tear parts.

Still, not a patch on Hyundai's Wonder warranty which doesn't need extra payment to avail.
Old 20th August 2020, 19:26   #7
BHPian

Seems a very good deal on paper. Can you pls share the official Skoda link for the same?

In effect, one can buy 4 years of regular maintenance (Rs 29,999) and Warranty of 4 (free) +2 (30,000)?

What's Skoda TSI service interval. 15k?
Old 20th August 2020, 19:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post

What's Skoda TSI service interval. 15k?
Yep, it’s 15k or one year whichever is earlier.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 06:50   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Skoda has also introduced an extended warranty programme, at a starting price of Rs. 30,975, that now covers an additional period of the fifth and sixth year or 1,50,000 km (whichever is earlier) from the date of purchase of a Skoda vehicle. This extended warranty can be purchased by owners of the Rapid 1.0 TSI, Octavia RS 245, Superb Laurin & Klement and Sportline, and Karoq.
As a lover of extended warranties, I give this a . Skoda already had a 6-year warranty, but I guess it was part of Skoda Shield which meant you had to buy a bundle of warranty + insurance + roadside assistance? This appears more straightforward + cheaper.

Quote:
This extended warranty can also be availed by existing customers whose Skoda vehicle is under the four year warranty program (purchased on / after 1st September 2016, and run less than 97,000 km). It is transferable to the succeeding owner.
I love it when brands take care of existing owners .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Also with Rapid doing good numbers already, if properly advertised, the Rider & Rider Plus variants will have more takers.
Says who? The Rapid is a poor seller, doing just 600 - 700 units / month.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 07:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am sure this news would bring much relief and happiness to existing/prospective owners, but for me, Skoda was actually the brand that made me realize how bad an A.S.S can be. Before that Maruti, Toyota, Hyundai all had something good about their service.

Back in 2005/06 when they came in with their Superb V6 Tdi, we picked one up. In-fact as many as 18 cars were bought within a span of few weeks by friends and acquaintances. It looked like a perfect robust alternative to the Camry and the Sonata. 3 months into the ownership, we all realised what a big mistake it was.

On the day it worked, it was the best car ever. But those days were limited and afar. Sunroof motor jamming, seat buttons getting stuck, speedo needle getting stuck, Xenons failing to self align at start up , randoms senors blowing up etc etc. It would go into limp mode at the drop of a hat. Then price of parts. I remember once an Esteem nudged me at the stop light and the left Xenon headlight stopped working. The replacement was like 50,000 Rs or something per piece . It became so unpredictable that we barely took it to the local market. Then there were so many cases of the car just sucking water from the road and the engine stalling. Then there was the wait for parts and the dealer attitude was the worst.

We eventually sold it at just 8000 kms for a massive loss. Till today I maintain a strong anti-skoda sentiment and would not touch it with a barge pole. I also strongly advocate people to stay away from it.

Last edited by bigron : 21st August 2020 at 08:15.
bigron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 08:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Skoda has revamped and renamed its Service Maintenance Package as 'Skoda SuperCare'. Customers who choose to opt for this package, can avail of preventive maintenance as well as wear and tear repair work for a timeframe of up to four years.

Finally, Skoda is following in the footsteps of the big 3 by introducing bundled service packages to alleviate customer concerns of "high maintainence". Although what is more pertinent is the exclusions in fine print.

Now what they need is to follow them further and offer generous discounts on already overpriced models like the Karoq, bringing it down to 25L OTR
And then get the DSG back in the TSI (at a no more than 1L OTR price difference)
Zen2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 09:07   #12
BHPian

What SKODA needs is also a buyback policy as the icing on the cake. On top of that they need to target the 10 - 15 lakh SUV segment to boost their sales. Otherwise how come MG Hector coming in as an entrant is selling more numbers than SKODA when the later is known for its build quality and powertrain.
Old 22nd August 2020, 00:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I am sure this news would bring much relief and happiness to existing/prospective owners, but for me, Skoda was actually the brand that made me realize how bad an A.S.S can be. Before that Maruti, Toyota, Hyundai all had something good about their service.

On the day it worked, it was the best car ever. But those days were limited and afar. Sunroof motor jamming, seat buttons getting stuck, speedo needle getting stuck, Xenons failing to self align at start up , randoms senors blowing up etc etc. It would go into limp mode at the drop of a hat. Then price of parts.
For some reason SKODA does not seem to bother about its A.S.S image. All these extended warranties etc are all useless. From my personal experience, let me tell you guys, if the car has any unusual issue during its warranty period, the dealer won’t touch the car and await instructions from SKODA just like our online classes. SKODA does not work on Saturday & Sunday, so your car will spend essentially weeks untouched in the garage. You will hear the dealer telling you that your car is in warranty and the replacement part needs to come from Pune / Europe. You will regret yourr decision on the warranty, car and the manufacturer.

MOD NOTE - U = you. ur = your.

Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Also, please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd August 2020 at 06:52. Reason: Mod note attached.
bracesdoctor is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2020, 12:43   #14
BHPian

Though it is a great move, doesn't the extended warranty package starting from INR 30,975 for 2 years a bit expensive compared to others where the amount is almost half. So this means, a new buyer who wants both the extended warranty (which is a must have for a Skoda) along with a pack of INR 29,999 has to pay INR 60,974. That's quite some amount!
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 19:01   #15
BHPian

I have a Skoda Octavia 1.8 tsi purchased in October 2016. I bought the 5th and 6th year extended warranty last year only at Rs 48820/- plus gst.
I had bought a 4 year maintenance package at Rs 39999/- at the time of purchase which has covered all the routine service charges till date. It will also cover my this year's service due in October month.
Now they have come up with a maintenance package for another two years or 30000 km. They are asking for a sum of Rs 31444/- inclusive of taxes for that.
I have uploaded the skoda terms and conditions for the same. I want to take this package but I am confused because of the price.
In the skoda service cost calculator, the total service cost for 5th and 6th year is Rs 30022(14169 for 5th year + 15853 for 6th year) and they are offering a maintenance package at approximately the same price. Is it worth it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks