Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2020, 18:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options

MG is set to introduce new dual-tone colour options on the Hector. Ahead of its official launch, dealerships are said to have started accepting bookings.

MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-20200917051507_hectordualtone.jpg

The dual-tone MG Hector will be available in the top-spec Sharp trim. The SUV will come in Candy White and Glaze Red both of which will get a contrasting black roof, black A-pillars and ORVMs.

MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-20200917051508_hectordualtonetop.jpg

The engine and transmission options will remain changed. The SUV will be offered with a 168 BHP 2.0-litre diesel engine paired with a 6-speed manual transmission, a 1.5-litre, turbo-petrol engine producing 141 BHP and 250 Nm mated to 6-speed DCT as well as a 1.5-litre mild-hybrid powertrain paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

The MG Hector competes with the Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta which also come with dual-tone exterior colour options.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th September 2020 at 19:01.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 19:37   #2
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options

I believe MG are on the right path in India. Their Hector/Hector+ is a success, they introduced the second (after the Hyundai Kona) proper (and NOT half-baked) electric car in India, ZS EV, are about to launch their flagship Gloster and are testing their petrol ZS.

Despite all the recent (well-deserved, if I may say so) hatred in India towards the Chinese commie regime and its constituents (MG's parent SAIC is a state-owned, or in other words, a CCP-owned company after all), MG have not put a foot wrong in India so far, which is quite praiseworthy!

People may laugh when I say this, and I will say it despite my intense hatred for the totalitarian CCP regime of the PRC:

In the years to come, MG will become of the top 5 or top 6 players in the Indian car market and will maintain that position comfortably. The signs for this are all here, in plain sight, for every automobile enthusiast worth his/her salt to see, and only an unbelievably ignorant person would refuse to see it!
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 20:18   #3
BHPian

Seems like it has already started reaching the dealerships!

Spotted this in Motorbeam's latest MG ZS Petrol spy video!

Credits- Motorbeam website
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-mg-hector-dual-tone.jpg  

theAutomaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 20:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Seems like it has already started reaching the dealerships!

Spotted this in Motorbeam's latest MG ZS Petrol spy video!

Credits- Motorbeam website
In this post shared by you even the rims in the Hector are different maybe a new variant they might be coming up with.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 22:02   #5
BHPian

Seems like the new variant has already been launched!

Quote:
MG Motor India has introduced a dual-tone variant of the Hector in the country, with prices starting at Rs 16.84 lakh (ex-showroom). The model, which the company refers to as the ‘Hector Dual Delight’, is available only in the top-spec Sharp variant. The dual-tone variants of the Hector command a premium of Rs 20,000 over the mono-tone variants.

Customers can choose from two dual-tone colour options for the MG Hector, including Candy White with Starry Black and Glaze Red with Starry Black. The black colour treatment is also carried over to the ORVMs and A-pillar. Apart from the new exterior paint job, the features of the Hector Dual Delight remain unchanged when compared to the mono-tone Sharp trim.
https://www.carwale.com/news/mg-hect...-at-1684-lakh/
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-mg-hector-dual-tone.jpg  

theAutomaniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 22:03   #6

Look the prices are out!

https://www.carwale.com/news/mg-hect...-at-1684-lakh/
Old 17th September 2020, 23:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Do we have sales figures for the Hector PLUS? As per me, it just didn't work. Hector is doing well, and we all know that
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Hector+ is a success
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 23:20   #8
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Do we have sales figures for the Hector PLUS? As per me, it just didn't work. Hector is doing well, and we all know that
I don't think MG provides the break-up of Hector & Hector+ sales. That why I mentioned they are a success when taken together. The Hector+ is anyway not a different car, but just like a variant family of the Hector (same car, same powertrain options, minor changes and 1 additional seat), something like Elite i20/i20 Active. So it's better to consider them as one.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 15:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Two tone paint process in Hector, video shared by Rajeev Chaba on Twitter.

MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-smartselect_20200918155912_twitter.jpg

MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-smartselect_20200918155829_twitter.jpg

MG Hector to get dual-tone colour options-smartselect_20200918155839_twitter.jpg

https://twitter.com/rajeev_chaba/sta...786448385?s=19
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks