Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Vento or Rapid today?
Yes 113 29.66%
No 268 70.34%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2024, 16:17   #76
BHPian

Advice needed regarding purchasing a Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel

Hello members,

This is my first post on the forum , 2 years after becoming a member of Team BHP. I have quite enjoyed the forum for its informative and wide variety of discussions on automotive scenes and sometimes other topics as well.

I started this post on behalf of my friend , who is looking for his first car, and that too a used one.

Priorities:
  1. Budget set for upto 7 lakhs . Price should not exceed beyond that.
  2. No specific choice of fuel type, But miles covered by the used car should not be beyond 1 lakh kilometers.
  3. Car should have good space, safety and also should be capable to be driven on highways.
  4. Car should have good performance and must be easy to maintain.

Cars Considered by my friend:
  1. Honda City or Jazz
  2. Hyundai I20
  3. Volkswagen Vento
  4. Maruti Baleno

Of the above listed options, my friend is currently interested in a 2014 Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel (Black color , 1st owner, 88k Kilometers completed, Manual).

The car is currently listed in Spinny Chennai. Details of this car can be found in the below link for reference.:
https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...whatsapp_share

Main concerns regarding the choice:
  1. Is it advisable to go for Diesel variant , given the infamous Dieselgate issue?
  2. How reliable or how good is the Diesel engine?
  3. Post warranty, how good are the service and spares availability?
  4. Also, is it advisable to go for vento or rather choose other cars instead? (My friend is not too keen to go with Alto, Wagon R type of cars, as he needs to use the car for visiting his hometown or occasional travel during weekends.

Members and Mods, I would need your advice and guidance so that my friend can make an informed decision.

Mods: If the post requires to be merged / posted in a different thred, feel free to do so.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th March 2024 at 18:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks