Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2020, 14:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda India launches ‘Certified Pre-Owned’ used car programme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Looks like the website is half-baked currently. No real info and when I selected location as Bangalore (although as per the article Bangalore is not in the initial roll out), I got this

An Indigo costing 9 Lacs with a body of Audi RS6 Avant. If that's what they meant by India 2.0, bloody hell bring it on.
Old 9th October 2020, 14:31   #17
BHPian

Hehe, the moment I read this yesterday on TBhp, I went to the site. No cars in most cities (checked Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai) and mistakes a class 10 designer would not make. For a brand trying to convince highly involved consumers that the brand's past mistakes are truly in the past, this is such a catastrophic mistake. This is supposed to be a German business too.

I work for a Franco-German business and can assure you the level of attention to detail, the professionalism and just the habit of getting things right are plain incredible. Have half a mind of tagging the German counsel in India on how this business is dragging the reputation of an entire country down! Preposterous and juvenile.
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 15:56   #18
BHPian

Ninja technique of finding bugs on an automotive website when you're on a shoestring budget, release it and BHPians will review it inside out as they have been with cars already. They essentially saved money and time on website testing by this 'crowdsourcing' method.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:13   #19
BHPian

What an utter disaster of a rollout this is, especially in an age rapidly moving into digital interaction. This surely does reflect on Skoda's seriousness with the Indian market. It seems as if everytime any enthusiast wishes to root for them, they try to convince you to be a detractor beyond reasonable doubt.

The saying is true, if it were'nt for their fantastic products - Skoda India would have sank without a trace. It's just sad, no other way to describe it.
Old 9th October 2020, 16:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This is a good initiative. Buying a pre-owned Skoda is always a worry due to the high maintenance and repair costs. So a certified car can help give some peace of mind.
Given that even their brand new cars don’t ensure the peace of mind these days especially because of the dealer practices, There is a growing dislike for the brand in the pre-owned space as well.
Old 9th October 2020, 23:34   #21
BHPian

I was so irked by this launch and the site that I tweeted to Zac Hollis about my experience.

https://twitter.com/kalyanalla/statu...911498753?s=20
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 07:47   #22
BHPian

What a poorly designed interface, however what else can we except from Skoda? After hearing the numerous stories of horrendous service, followed by the sub par support from the company.
Just like me most of you would agree that its a brand with excellent cars (design and performance); which is being killed by poor management and after sales support.
Moreover I cannot expect the turmoils of buying a used car from them, letting pass the warranty they boast upon.
Old 14th October 2020, 14:52   #23
BHPian

It seems they have heard the cries, website is undergoing upgradation.
Old 30th October 2020, 00:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Skoda preowned website could be ready by next week, Zac Hollis on Twitter

Skoda India launches ‘Certified Pre-Owned’ used car programme-smartselect_20201030000510_twitter.jpg

https://twitter.com/Zac_Hollis_/stat...353120771?s=19
Old 20th April 2022, 12:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Auto expands its Certified Pre-Owned business at over 100 facilities across India.

Skoda India launches ‘Certified Pre-Owned’ used car programme-20220420_120311.jpg

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks