Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 18:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Top trims of Mahindra Scorpio get Android Auto, Apple Carplay

Mahindra is now offering Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in the high-end S9 and S11 variants of the Scorpio.

Top trims of Mahindra Scorpio get Android Auto, Apple Carplay-spotlight-desktop_1920745.jpg

The Scorpio BS6 was launched in April this year. The SUV is available in four variants S5, S7, S9 and S11. The S9 and S11 variants come equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit. The latter also gets GPS navigation in 10 languages, reverse parking camera with Dynamic Assist, automatic headlamps and rain sensing wipers.

Top trims of Mahindra Scorpio get Android Auto, Apple Carplay-website-infotainment-desktop1127x546.jpg

Powering the Scorpio is a 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 140 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 320 Nm @ 1,500-2,800 rpm. The engine is paired to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The 2.5-litre diesel engine and the 120 BHP, 2.2-litre diesel unit has been discontinued. The SUV is no longer available with a 5-speed manual gearbox either.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 14th October 2020 at 18:03.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 10:05   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Top trims of Mahindra Scorpio get Android Auto, Apple Carplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra is now offering Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in the high-end S9 and S11 variants of the Scorpio.
So the Scorpio didn't get these earlier? Oddly I was under the impression that the top trims did get these connectivity features last year when I took the TD for it.
Quote:
Powering the Scorpio is a 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 140 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 320 Nm @ 1,500-2,800 rpm. The engine is paired to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The 2.5-litre diesel engine and the 120 BHP, 2.2-litre diesel unit has been discontinued.
I don't quite get this. So the 2.2 / 140PS engine in the higher trims & a 2.5 CRDe in the lower ones. Where else is this 2.5 BSVI used? I think even the TUV300Plus gets the 2.2 mHawk. Was it really worth for M&M to invest in upgrading the 2.5 CRDi to BSVI for quite limited applications in the PV segment?
Old 15th October 2020, 11:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
... Was it really worth for M&M to invest in upgrading the 2.5 CRDi to BSVI for quite limited applications in the PV segment?
Doesn't the Bolero range (passenger and commercial) still use that motor?
Old 15th October 2020, 11:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Exactly. And Xylo low end ones as well that are very popular in the cab market.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, the BSVI Bolero PV uses the so called "mHAWK75" engine. Not the 2.5 CRDe. Its a small one & so cheekily Mahindra doesn't mention the actual displacement etc even in the brochure. Not sure about the commercial vehicles though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Xylo was discontinued. The only BSVI Mahindra MPV is Marazzo now.
Old 15th October 2020, 12:34   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As far as I know, the BSVI Bolero PV uses the so called "mHAWK75" engine. Not the 2.5 CRDe. Its a small one & so cheekily Mahindra doesn't mention the actual displacement etc even in the brochure. Not sure about the commercial vehicles though.
I looked. Passenger variants have shifted to a smaller 1.5L motor labeled mHawk75 (you're right, the brochure is vague on details), the commercial Pik-Up and MaxiTruck variants are still running the old 2.5L motor.

Top trims of Mahindra Scorpio get Android Auto, Apple Carplay-bolero-cv.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th October 2020 at 12:41.
Old 15th October 2020, 12:37   #7
BANNED

Quote:

The 2.5-litre diesel engine and the 120 BHP, 2.2-litre diesel unit has been discontinued. The SUV is no longer available with a 5-speed manual gearbox either.

Quote:

I don't quite get this. So the 2.2 / 140PS engine in the higher trims & a 2.5 CRDe in the lower ones. Where else is this 2.5 BSVI used? I think even the TUV300Plus gets the 2.2 mHawk. Was it really worth for M&M to invest in upgrading the 2.5 CRDi to BSVI for quite limited applications in the PV segment?
What's not to get? The 120 BHP 2.2 and the old 2.5 have been discontinued. Now there's only one engine, the 2.2 with 140 bhp.

Quote:
Used. In the past. Now the bolero engine is the 1.5, same as in the Tuv300, with less power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Xylo has been discontinued.
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 13:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
What's not to get? The 120 BHP 2.2 and the old 2.5 have been discontinued. Now there's only one engine, the 2.2 with 140 bhp.
Yep - I think I misread the line / punctuations there. For some reasons I read it to mean the 120 PS 2.2 was discontinued but 2.5 remains!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks