Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Honda to launch CR-V Special Edition in India

According to a media report, Honda is planning to launch a special edition of the CR-V. Around 45 units will be built and prices are expected to start at Rs. 29.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Rumour: Honda to launch CR-V Special Edition in India-3338464.jpg

The report states that the CR-V Special Edition will be based on the updated model that is available in the international market. It comes with a few cosmetic updates including redesigned front and rear bumpers and black trim on the front fascia. The interior also gets a few tweaks.

Rumour: Honda to launch CR-V Special Edition in India-3338469.jpg

The Special Edition is likely to get additional features like hands-free tailgate, powered front passenger seat, active cornering LED headlamps, front parking sensors and auto fold ORVMs.

Rumour: Honda to launch CR-V Special Edition in India-3338474.jpg

The CR-V Special Edition will be offered with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that puts out 152 BHP @ 6,500 rpm and 189 Nm @ 4,300 rpm. It will be paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd October 2020 at 13:15.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda to launch CR-V Special Edition in India

Why Honda why? Why even bother with such lame attempts.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:51   #3
BHPian

So disappointing! Lame attempts from Honda. An more powerful engine or an higher tune would have been an great update for the special edition.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:16   #4
BHPian

What's the point? I was surprised that the CRV didn't have these features already because it doesn't really have any strong USP on its side apart from maybe a long list of features, so these should have been there on the regular one
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:22   #5
BHPian

Such insanely priced vehicles will only be looked at by the ultimate Honda fans or the regular accounting book scammers who need overtly expensive assets with high depreciation to color company ledgers.

Current sales run rate for CR-V is barely crossing 20 units a month so Honda must wake up before saving themselves from yet another embarrassment with such a joke of a power train even if I forget the pricing.

This car used to be my early day's dream car, especially the 2005-6 variants that came with a chrome styling all around and commanded nothing less than respect whenever it touched the roads.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:43   #6
BHPian

Why even bother? Both my father and I have been huge fans of all generations of CRVs since the first generation was launched in India. We are also happy Honda customers.

So when it was time to upgrade from a 7 year old Honda Jazz, CRV was a serious contender, with the new generation just around the corner in 2018. We really were excited. Fuel efficiency was not too much of a concern as the monthly running of the car was limited to 1000-1200 kms.

However, they really launched it with very sad and disappointing engines, both diesel and petrol, and the features are anyway nothing to write home about with Hondas. We were willing to overlook all that had it been launched with better engines, for the sheer love we had for the car. Buying a CRV never was a head (rational) decision to begin with, but at that price point with puny engines, it simply didn't even qualify for a heart decision. Picked up an X1 instead.
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:56   #7
BHPian

I was considering CR-V seriously just last month and when I saw this post, I thought they would offer a special edition engine which is the first thing you notice in a TD. What is the point of releasing these pointless cosmetic updates !

In another note, Bangalore has no TD CR-V's, the one they got me was their MD's personal vehicle which does double duty as TD when needed !
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:17   #8
BHPian

Good luck selling those 45 units!! Will take them at least a year to clear stocks of this limited edition and even more limited selling concoction.
This has to be one of the lamest attempts in the past decade by any automaker in India.
docprashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:12   #9
BHPian

Since last 10 years i have only bought Honda Cars. Why ? because they are reliable and maintenance free. I have been posting in the official honda crv thread, about this 2020 model however, today i was informed by the dealer that there is a price increase coming. He himself told me that they are slaves to the company and they also expected prices to be cut slightly but now the opposite is happening. Now 45 units ? So what happens after 45 units ? the model goes off the scene ? or back to the old model ?? what is the clarity on this aspect ?? also i know that abroad they use the 2.0 with hybrid tech, why not do that in india for 45 units if they wanted it to be special ??? I am still in the market for a crv but now i am reevaluating if i should buy a new one or a used one. Last time i cancelled plans to buy diesel crv as it was overpriced and underpowered.

My suggestion to people who overlook crv and buy x1 is that the maintenance alone on the x1 will make you tear your hair out, my petrol crv in 6 years has not even cost me 1 lac in maintenance charges. Anyways to each their own. I just wish Honda India got it act together but seems like nothing is changing. Still hoping Honda Japan puts some brains in to Honda India.
M00M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 02:00   #10
BHPian

I drive around a honda crv 2014 model. It is one of the best car that I have driven feels like a tank but in terms of features it is always 2 years behind Nissan’s equivalent Rouge or even Toyota’s Rav4. And it is minimum 3 years behind Hyundai Santafe
But the only rason why Honda CRV out sells any other suv in US market is due to its reliability and handling. If you want to go from point A to point B and you are carrying 4 large suitcases take a Honda CRV.
fast_n_curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Current sales run rate for CR-V is barely crossing 20 units a month so Honda must wake up before saving themselves from yet another embarrassment with such a joke of a power train even if I forget the pricing.

This car used to be my early day's dream car, especially the 2005-6 variants that came with a chrome styling all around and commanded nothing less than respect whenever it touched the roads.
Well as a teen I loved it too only because despicable fuel economy stories were going rounds. It talks more about an inclination towards power then economy

Though HP/ Torque is a highly overrated concept. Probably what makes more sense is real-world drivability, handling, and ergonomics which very few talk about. To cite my experience, 1.4 Diesel, 68HP Fiesta was a joy to drive, can be attributed to hydraulic steering and joyful handling. I still miss that car after 7 years of separation, despite not touching anything below 100HP on the course after that.

Last edited by Passiautonate : 23rd October 2020 at 10:49.
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:51   #12
BHPian

Does this have 3rd row seating? Or was that only a feature of the diesel cars?
Old 27th October 2020, 18:53   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda has launched the facelifted CRV as a special edition for ₹29.50L

Quote:
Honda has introduced the facelifted CR-V as a special edition model.
It comes with a redesigned grille, new bumpers and alloy wheels.
New features such as cornering fog lamps, powered co-driver seat, and a powered tailgate.