Team-BHP - New traffic rules in Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New traffic rules in Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/23025-new-traffic-rules-delhi-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishibravo (Post 410272)
no one smokes a joint in the car maan

I mean their fag was not of dum maro dum types ( I hope ).. you know what I mean. The young gen do have special preferences these days. :)

P.S : Now don't take my comment seriously ..

All things said and done ..
one which i did not like is they have even banned music
As per newpapers reports its ok to have a sound system but you cant play it while the car is running ....... how absurd :mad: ..........

I would also be intrested in knowing what do they do with this collected amount ........

Quote:

well then they would say dont listen to Hard Metal or Hip Hop in the car or they can just ban music systems from the cars. Do one thing at a time. When you are driving, do just that

Not a bad idea. I can go on and explain how brain works and controls each organs. And why ears can hear multiple sounds, where as hands have limited capability to do multi-tasking at the same time. but since you are saying..
Quote:

Lets not mix smoking with drinking and driving and all that stuff.

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kool_Kid (Post 410320)
As per newpapers reports its ok to have a sound system but you cant play it while the car is running ....... how absurd :mad: ..........

I would also be intrested in knowing what do they do with this collected amount ........

where are we heading to??? No Music in Cars, No loudspeakers after 10 (i am with this rule though), no good roads, no following rules....just make it and then break it...? The courts can stay this rule I guess..??? any lawyer here...I don't think this is in public interest...just because some people drink and drive with the music at full blast doen't mean that everyone should be deprived of good music and going to the office is the only time when u get to listen to it...at home, its a different musiclol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kool_Kid (Post 410320)

Are you serious. Now when did that happen... Which newspaper. Please give me pointers ....I wanna see....

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 410122)
Well .. my friend driving on his bike got his shirt spoiled when a hand carrying ciggerate was resting on the window. Mr. sophisticated did not even noticed what has happened .. a big hole in the shirt.

Well is it possible that it could have happened because your friend was standing a bit too close to the car? If you think about it, if the bike was say 2 feet away from the car then there is no way his shirt would have been burned since even the tallest among us don't have forearms (elbow to finger-tips) stretching that long.

Not justifying or anything but just a thought in my mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 410472)
Well is it possible that it could have happened because your friend was standing a bit too close to the car? If you think about it, if the bike was say 2 feet away from the car then there is no way his shirt would have been burned since even the tallest among us don't have forearms (elbow to finger-tips) stretching that long.

Not justifying or anything but just a thought in my mind.

It was definately beyond 2 feet. The glowing ash just came flying..

In principle I agree with wat Court has done,it shall act as a sort of DANDA for the ones who think they are above the law. But ideally, this is what they should do if they really want to clear the mess on Delhi roads

1) Anyone driving in Delhi needs to have a special license( has to take it again from RTO ), alongside the new license he shall recieve a sticker to be pasted on the vehicle representing that the special license is valid for this vehicle
2) Give 6 months->1 year->2 year( whatever is reasonable ) for people to get this done
3) Cover all aspects of driving rules before you give this license, nobody should be able to get it by paying money. There should be stringent test, making sure each individual getting it understands what are the traffic rules and signs
4) After the stipulated time given, seal all the vehicles found on the road without the stickers/new-licensed-driver
5) Make sure the information that such a thing would happen reaches the common man during the transit period
6) There should be use of technology to substantiate any evidence that XYZ had violated the rule eg digital photograph of some vehicle violating the STOP line( govt needs to be transparent and equipped with the technology, its a shame they right now dont have any equipment to measure the %age of tint)
7) The auto/bus/taxi drivers should be strictly dealt wrt the above
8) Hope that problem is solved. If nothing else atleast all Delhi owned( Delhi Registration) vehicles should start obeying traffic rules:Cheering:

-POGU

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 410381)
Not a bad idea. I can go on and explain how brain works and controls each organs. And why ears can hear multiple sounds, where as hands have limited capability to do multi-tasking at the same time. but since you are saying..

That's a real good one WhiteKnight ... hilarious lol:

As I said, the drive may continue for some time and then it may be back to the same old corrupt ways of the traffic police. I have a suggestion to make. Previously, the Govt. was getting 100 for nearly all offences. The rate was half or 50 for paying off a corrupt traffic policeman. The Govt. can now increase the fine to 250, and let the traffic cop who catches a violator keep 150 officially. Instead of providing incentives to cops to keep on their corrupt practices and now earn more for their corruption, this method may provide an incentive for them to catch more. Of course, the danger is overzealous cops. But that may be preventable or reducable by use of technology (how I do not know). The aim should be to discipline traffic and minimise disorder, chaos, and fatalities; and not to max. govt revenues thru challans.

The latest stats
2 Days 9th and 10 april.
total files collected 18 Lakh/day around 8000+ challans total.
These include around 600 buses.
So if this drive continues for around 1 month it can fund a new flyover.
If the cops came on roads after 10pm they would catch a few thousand more who rush through red lights.
If they started challaning trucks plying without tail lights I guess they can challan 1000 trucks every night.

it seems traffic cops have to submit a report to HC after a month - hence all this "energy". Lets wait for a few more days...

Tint still a grey area-Delhi-Cities-NEWS-The Times of India

A guy was challaned for tinted glasses.
The problem, he did not have sun film installed. Most cars, including indica which he was driving come with slight tint. The cops refused to listen and challened, obviously trying to meet the quota.
Traffic commissioner has promised to look into the matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 417045)
Most cars, including indica which he was driving come with slight tint. The cops refused to listen and challened, obviously trying to meet the quota.
Traffic commissioner has promised to look into the matter.

Tsk those tints are too light.... and come with almost all cars.... I think all cars except the base model for 800.

All my cars have them... and its not even possible to notice such tints unless you decide to look at some white thing through the glass and then naked eye.

My 'GUESS' would be that this guy had got his glasses changed!... I knew a couple of people who got glasses changed and not just films.

He showed it to another traffic ASI. They said his tints are very light. There was a photo in the newspaper too, this guys glasses have maybe 10% tints. The cops say though filmed is banned for the glass 50 - 70% rule holds. All cars come with slight tints.