Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2020, 12:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti builds affordable eco-homes for employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Bangalore has...and many more which i am not able to remember.

ITI / HMT and NGEF have closed down but the layout thrives.
Also Jeevan Bhimanagar which in the 80s and 90s was a LIC/PWD layout. But now like the NGEF layout and the BEML area (in my neighborhood), I think most employees have sold their properties to non-employees.

I think eventually, as property values rise, these employee-owned properties will get sold just like any other properties. Unless they are in a gated/enclosed space like the HAL colony.

Must be some difference based on the company retaining the ownership vs the employee's name on the property.
Old 28th December 2020, 15:50   #17
BHPian

As a former tenant (or son of the tenant actually) of a similar quarters provided by the Mumbai Port Trust in Wadala Mumbai, I'm surprised to see how well Maruti Suzuki has equipped these quarters in term of security and gardens.
Life in such layouts are fun. Everyone knows each other, festivals are more like family celebrations, kids all get together and have fun. Parents are at ease because kids usually are in someone's view all the time.

I applaud Maruti Suzuki's initiative to provide affordable living and the best part is they even provided financial assistance. In these trying times this makes things seem alright !
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 19:38   #18
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

How does this work in India? If you live in one of these houses and you loose your job, or maybe say you have an unfortunate accident, would the family be evicted or does the company take care of them?

Jeroen
I know for a fact that employees/laborers have not/don't vacate their company provided accommodation by TATA tea in Munnar after retirement. The company withholds their gratuity payments till they vacate but this is usually way less than the value of the house so goes unclaimed. They do file a lawsuit but don't evict anyone forcibly.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 20:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Yes this is similar to What many big organizations e.g. PSUs used to do earlier, For example, Indian Petrochemicals Ltd - IPCL has helped to create 2,3 large private colonies in Vadodara. This was a big advantage of working in these organizations at that time as housing sector was even less organized and housing loans were difficult even for someone with stable job with decent salary.
I always thought IPCL was unique on that matter. At least I don't remember GSFC or Guj. refinery offering that to their employees.

Btw, happy to see another ex-Vadodarian-IPCL-combo here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks