Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 03:55   #1

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car

Hi All,

when we use our car regularly, we wish if the car could have this or that feature. Later we are happy to see that manufacturer have added in later models. This also helps manufacturers reputation as customers feel that the pain points have been addressed.

Here are hew features I craved for & found that later modes got these:

I drive Mitsubishi outlander(2016) in US.

- The car seats 7 passenger. I really need AC vent behind the center console & for 3rd row passengers. It was added to later models.

- Android Auto/Apple Car play- was added to later models.

- Boot opening from inside the car. This has not been added.

- 12 V/USB for 2nd & 3rd row passengers. This has not been added in newer models.

- Nifty feature like retractable sun shades. Not been added. This is useful when you've child.

- Sun visor extension. I think this one is super essential. This also has not been added.

- Led interior lights. does not exist.

Thanks
Carnama

Mods: Please feel free to move this thread to appropriate forum.
CARNAMA is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 13:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car

I really, really liked the F10's LCI 5-spoke style wheels that came with the facelift. Was lucky that the rims are easiest to replace & I got my hands on a good set soon.

As someone who lives on music, I would love the 16-speaker Harman Kardon sound system that Tanveer's 530d had (although my stock system also keeps me very happy, 2 subwoofers and all).

Last would be the launch control. As much fun as it is to modulate the pedals & launch the car yourself, there is nothing quite like the electronics doing all the work for you when you need a fast acceleration time.

Bottom line: Live with it. Due to the extremely competitive scenario today, some cars are updated on an annual basis. If you want to wait for the "next update", you'll be waiting forever. Buy something that meets your needs & wants, and be happy with it.

Last edited by GTO : 8th January 2021 at 17:01.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car

Oh, where do I even begin!

When I bought my Polo 1.2 TSI in 2015, it came with barely any of the features that are now available on the Polo.

By 2017-18, VW added at least 7 new features to the car, some of which I would have liked to have, but added later on anyway.

1. RCD-340G Apple Car Play
2. 16” wheels
3. Auto-dimming IRVM
4. Electrically foldable ORVM with integrated indicators
5. Cruise Control
6. Cooled glove box
7. Rain sensing wipers

Features I really miss and are still not made available from the factory:

1. Paddle shift steering wheel
2. Boot light (!!!)
3. Damped grab handles and glove box lid
4. Upgraded instrument cluster

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th January 2021 at 15:04.
suhaas307 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Though not really a feature, I miss the cherry red color that was available in both 2006 and 2008 but not in 2007 for indicas. That was a lovely color
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:50   #5
J4J
BHPian

One of the feature my old Alto car had was an ashtray.

I don't smoke but I used them to keep toll receipts and small change. It was placed at a very convenient location reachable by the driver.

My current car (Tata Zest) does not have this. Receipts and change just fly around in the area below handbrake/floor. Looks messy. Actually this car has absolutely zero storage space. Not even a bottle holder.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th January 2021 at 14:55. Reason: spacing for improved readability
J4J is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 16:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

My 2017 Brezza lacked the following, which were introduced with 2020 Brezza. Ordering according to desirability :

1. Passenger seat belt reminder

Though it was forced onto the automobile manufacturers by Govt, but it is very important feature to have.

2. Exhaust Can

Not a feature, but the most hideous part on my vehicle. At one point I even thought of painting it bright red and naming it 'Baboon Butt' . Got timely warning from missus and dropped the idea.

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-exhaust_can_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-exhaust_can_2020.jpg

3. Antenna

From ugly looong rod to less ugly shorter one. (no sharkfin yet)

The current one is pain as, if not angled almost parallel to roof, it hits low hanging tree branches & wires on road, and overhead boards & plumbing in basement parking.

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-antenna_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-antenna_2020.jpg

4. DRLs :

The 'bull-horn' LED light guides are quite weak; those got replaced by proper LED DRLs.

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-drl_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-drl_2020.jpg

5. Headlamps :

Single projector Halogen units got replaced with Dual Projector LED ones.

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-headlamps_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-headlamps_2020.jpg

6. Foglamps :

Halogen to LED

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-foglamps_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-foglamps_2020.jpg

7. Engine

Just from refinement point of view, 1.3 Diesel to 1.5 Petrol. That said I thoroughly enjoy the diesel.

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-engine_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-engine_2020.jpg

8. Alloy Wheels

Boring to much better diamond cut ones. Though I had upgraded to S-Cross diamond cut alloys at the time of delivery itself.

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-alloy_2017.jpg

Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-alloy_2020.jpg

PS: All above photographs are from Team-BHP or internet, not my own.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th January 2021 at 10:58. Reason: edited
AutoNoob is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 16:17   #7
BHPian

UV Cut glass on Innova Crysta was added a month after I got my vehicle. I definitely would have loved to have it on mine.

Two years after I bought my Innova, Apple CarPlay is added now. I would have loved to have it as well.

on a different note, I don't miss the overspeed beeps at all. This is one of the reason I bought the car in early 2019 even though I could have waited a few more months.
raghukodali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 16:30   #8
BHPian

In my case it wasn't the succeeding model, but the higher trim (Swift Zxi) in that current generation itself I lost a lot of features to by choosing to settle for the mid-level (Vxi) trim, of which I was to miss three:

1. Bluetooth audio connectivity: to this day I'm stuck in an antediluvian time-warp with no wireless play in my car. The Pioneer aftermarket system I bought was replaced virtually a week later with a bluetooth equipped model, and to this day I rue not waiting for it.

2. Rear wiper: during highway runs on torrential days it's truly painful to deal with a dirty rear window.

3. Steering-mounted controls: especially to change radio channels!

Funnily enough, I can't think of a single thing I missed when the second-gen Swift was launched. In every way it seemed to be less of the car I had come to know mine to be, including (unbelievably!) boot space, which was already paltry; a less revvy, even if more refined and efficient, petrol engine; and oddball alloy wheel design (although I must say it wasn't as ghastly as that of the third-gen). So overall, the later versions of the Swift have had the opposite effect of me, and I've felt truly thankful that I was fortunate to have bagged the best generation of it!
BackstraightBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

During a brief period in 2014, Hyundai decided to remove the 6 airbags from the top-end Verna Sxo and sell it with just two airbags like the lower trims. So I went with the Sx trim since it didn't make sense to pay 1l extra for leather seats. A few months later, the 6 airbag Sxo was back on sale
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:34   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As someone who lives on music, I would love the 16-speaker Harman Kardon sound system that Tanveer's 530d had. Last would be the launch control. If you want to wait for the "next update", you'll be waiting forever

Bottom line: Live with it.

Absolutely, and few features won’t ever make to our market unless we spend 2-3 times on CBU and that too only if you tick optionals. Frankly, there is no end to the next or newer.

Since you posted about audio and launch control, this pic should make you happy
Attached Thumbnails
Features you really miss, that were added to a later version of your car-whatsapp-image-20210105-8.25.19-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 19:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Just one feature that i miss in my Fortuner (2013 model)is, navigation.

Some how, i hate after market ICEs since it comes with its own complexities along with the features.

I am not interested in investing some 50K for a new ICE system from OEM.

Hence, I am waiting for a used OEM ICE System with navigation that fits in my Fortuner without any complexities like steering controls, imperfect fitment etc.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 21:35   #12
BHPian

I bought a Crysta GX auto n Sep 2019. While it had everything I needed, it didn’t have the VSC and Hill hold control. This was launched in the BS6 version in Apr 2020 I guess. Though I don’t have any regrets whatsoever, having these two features would have been really nice.
Vhruday is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 21:58   #13
BHPian

Some features that my 4th gen City lacks that were added in the facelift and most importantly features that I miss-

Better alloy wheels on the upgraded City. 4th gen car came with a boring looking alloy design. Next would be LED DRLs. I think it enhances the front look. Also, the facelift came with a comparatively better head unit. But the thing is I enjoy my car and with every passing day newer features will be added to your existing ride. So if you keep your car for more than 4-5 years, the newer version of your car will inevitably have more features. Don't fret over it too much.
Carpainter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 22:25   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
My 2017 Brezza lacked the following, which were introduced with 2020 Brezza.
Very well put down. I'll add another feature which I feel is a must but even some 20L cars don't get it. The ECM/ Auto IRVM which the 2020 Brezza has but the 2016 never had. It was available as an accessory and I fixed one in mine.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 22:54   #15
BANNED

I got my Creta in October 2017 and the facelift model was launched somewhere in June 2018. Changes that were made:
  1. Better-looking DRL's
  2. Standard bulb type for fog lamps
  3. Fuel efficiency and Range data in MID
  4. Sunroof
  5. Cruise control
  6. ISOFIX
  7. Powered seats
  8. Sliding front armrest
  9. Auto-dimming IRVM
From the above list, I really missed was Cruise control, Fuel efficiency display in MID, powered seats. All I could add from the above list is auto-dimming IRVM. Rest not possible sadly.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks