Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 14:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq removed from website

Contrary to several views expressed on this thread, I would say the guys who managed to lay their hands on the Karoq are the lucky lot ! It is a wonderful car with the best in class features, top notch interiors and an excellent drive train and more importantly it is just the perfect size. As a 5 seat SUV, it ticks all the boxes.
I for one, also picked the 1.8TSI L&K Octavia in Jan. last year knowing very well that the car was going to be phased out in another 2 months. The premium Skoda cars are just so much fun to drive with just the right finesse and a robust build quality. Getting spares shouldn't be a problem for the foreseeable future as the same 1.5 TSI & the updated DQ200 would continue to be available in several VAG vehicles in the future. The only problem one may face is if somebody has a serious accidents and needs the body panels , then that may become an issue and will take time to import, otherwise resale value & spares availability shouldn't be a cause for concern. Should one decide to sell, there will be plenty of takers as the case is with well maintained (post 2017) 1.8 Tsi Octavias with proper service records. I would be on the look out for the VW Tiguan with the 2.0 litre DQ 380/381 combo, as that would be the replacement for my other car, the ageing venerable Honda Civic !!
The karoq owners are the happy & lucky lot ! cheers !

Last edited by Timothy : 10th February 2021 at 15:03.
Timothy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 07:08   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq removed from website

Skoda Karoq likely to be 'temporarily' axed from the Indian Market. Kushaq could be the reason.

Quote:
Skoda Auto India head Zac Hollis on Thursday confirmed that the Skoda Karoq has been axed from the Indian market
Quote:
confirmed the Karoq has no future in India for now. While the Czech automaker will continue to see if the Karoq is ready for re-entry but the model’s first chapter in India ended with the first 1000 units that took the FBU (fully built-up) route to the country
Quote:
Karoq is finished for now and we’re still evaluating if the model needs to be in the marketplace going forward. It is a premium offering in terms of its pricing and we don’t know yet if Karoq will be a part of our future model strategy
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th March 2021 at 07:12.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks